Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We couldn't be happier with our daughters learning as evident by her EOG results. The teachers are knowledgable.

My daughter has been at this school for 5 years. The staff really works with the kids to help them when they struggle in areas and excel in other areas. Everyone is always friendly and there is a great feeling in the building that people are happy to be there.

Great school, fantastic teachers and assistants . My two daughters love going to this school cause it's a safe environment , everybody is just so nice and , above all, they learn a lot everyday. PTA is such a great team of caring people. Five stars!

Teachers are great. Not happy that we do not have a full time nurse in the school. She shares her time between this school and others in the district. Quite strange...

My son attended this school for2nd through 5th grade. He was lucky enough to have a wonderful teacher Mr. Pete for 2 of those years. He was innovative and loved teaching. This was a great school and I would recommend it to other students and parents.

This is my daughter's second year attending this school, and I am impressed with both the leadership and the teachers at this school. The teachers are concerned not only for my daughter's academic success, but they are also concerned for her success as a social being interacting with others. When I attended the parent teacher conference, I was amazed at the level of education they were providing to my 1st grader. This school is definately rigerous and my daughter has lots of home work each night, but I love seeing my daughter learn and comprehend new things. For the 1st grade they are doing math with unknown variables, reading followed by an analysis, and some awesome science projects. There is a huge emphasis on not only learning words but comprehending what is happening in a book and being able relay this information to another person. My daughter loves the school, and they have been very proactive in working with my wife and I to help my daughter succeed.

My son is in first grade at this school and we absolutely LOVE it. He is quiet and both his kindergarten and current teachers know him very well. They have drawn his personality out and he is thriving. He is reading up a storm and always has his nose in a book now. His math skills have always been a strength for him, his teachers have allowed him to expand on these exponentially as well. I have sent one email to the Vice Principal, expecting it to take a couple of hours for her to get back to me. It was under 5 minutes. She is terrific. She knows all our names and always goes out of her way to speak to or acknowledge us. The office staff is also extremely helpful and pleasant to work with. The computer teacher is fantastic and my son is very adept at using our home computer now. They have smart boards and computer classes... not sure what else one would need at the elementary level. We've been impressed overall. I was worried about my son starting kindy, but his teacher ended up being who we would have manufactured if we were able to build the PERFECT kindy teacher for our child.

My son is in the 4th grade and reading and writing has always been his tough subject. This year he has improved in reading comprehension and writing. His current teacher is Mrs. Hollingworth she truly cares about her students and makes learning fun for the kids. The school also have online resources for the kids such as: study island, xtra math and these sites help with EOG testing. My rating is based on Mrs. Hollingworth's dedication to her students education.

Fantastic teachers. Not so hot leadership. I have two kids at this school and have been consistently impressed with the quality of the teaching staff - they are caring, motivated, and energetic, and absolutely dedicated to making sure their kids truly learn. I am considerably less impressed with the principal and school-wide communication and leadership. All we ever get are the broadcast phone calls which are annoying since they go so quickly you can't write anything down and invariably seem to ring during dinner. I also get the feeling that the school isn't particularly child-centered - last year's yearbook had the first five or six pages dedicated to various teachers and administrators, and oh, yeah, around page ten, there's some kids who hang out here too. If it weren't for the absolutely fantastic teachers we'd be looking for alternatives.

Great School. Warm and friendly front desk. Caring, competent, and knowledgeable staff. The administration is wonderful. This school just opened but give it a chance. I think this school is one of the best I've seen.

Last modified Herbert Akins Rd Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.