Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 06, 2016
The school has a safe and friendly feeling when you enter with staff that seem to be happy. This would have to come from the top.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 06, 2016
We couldn't be happier with our daughters learning as evident by her EOG results. The teachers are knowledgable.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2016
Respect is a part of the schools PBIS (positive behavior). It is taught and re-enforced.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2016
The school is a PBIS school and the counselor teaches classes to all classrooms about these topics.

Posted August 06, 2016
My daughter has been at this school for 5 years. The staff really works with the kids to help them when they struggle in areas and excel in other areas. Everyone is always friendly and there is a great feeling in the building that people are happy to be there.

Posted May 19, 2016
Great school, fantastic teachers and assistants . My two daughters love going to this school cause it's a safe environment , everybody is just so nice and , above all, they learn a lot everyday. PTA is such a great team of caring people. Five stars!

Herbert Akins Rd Elementary 4

Posted December 12, 2015
Teachers are great. Not happy that we do not have a full time nurse in the school. She shares her time between this school and others in the district. Quite strange...

Posted February 06, 2014
My son attended this school for2nd through 5th grade. He was lucky enough to have a wonderful teacher Mr. Pete for 2 of those years. He was innovative and loved teaching. This was a great school and I would recommend it to other students and parents.

Posted September 12, 2013
This is my daughter's second year attending this school, and I am impressed with both the leadership and the teachers at this school. The teachers are concerned not only for my daughter's academic success, but they are also concerned for her success as a social being interacting with others. When I attended the parent teacher conference, I was amazed at the level of education they were providing to my 1st grader. This school is definately rigerous and my daughter has lots of home work each night, but I love seeing my daughter learn and comprehend new things. For the 1st grade they are doing math with unknown variables, reading followed by an analysis, and some awesome science projects. There is a huge emphasis on not only learning words but comprehending what is happening in a book and being able relay this information to another person. My daughter loves the school, and they have been very proactive in working with my wife and I to help my daughter succeed.

Posted December 18, 2012
My son is in first grade at this school and we absolutely LOVE it. He is quiet and both his kindergarten and current teachers know him very well. They have drawn his personality out and he is thriving. He is reading up a storm and always has his nose in a book now. His math skills have always been a strength for him, his teachers have allowed him to expand on these exponentially as well. I have sent one email to the Vice Principal, expecting it to take a couple of hours for her to get back to me. It was under 5 minutes. She is terrific. She knows all our names and always goes out of her way to speak to or acknowledge us. The office staff is also extremely helpful and pleasant to work with. The computer teacher is fantastic and my son is very adept at using our home computer now. They have smart boards and computer classes... not sure what else one would need at the elementary level. We've been impressed overall. I was worried about my son starting kindy, but his teacher ended up being who we would have manufactured if we were able to build the PERFECT kindy teacher for our child.

2255 Herbert Akins Rd, Fuquay-Varina, NC  27526
Last modified Herbert Akins Rd Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.