Public charter
Gaston, NC

Gaston College Preparatory 3

Posted October 20, 2011
My initial rating of GCP many years ago was a higher than it is now. My children no longer attend there, but I still have relatives that do. I am a former employee and a former parent. Through the years the school has changed a lot. The school is still competitive, but the public schools have stepped up their standards and teaching goals also. It comes down to personal choice. The bottom line is that ALL children everywhere needs to receive a good education.

Posted May 03, 2010
I am a grandparent and I have observed how well my grandchildren are learning and enjoying this first year at Kipp high school. I love the dedication of the teachers and they really push all the children toward gaining knowledge. I so appreciate this school.

Posted May 01, 2010
My little sister started this year!!!!!!She is now excited to go to school!No alarms needed to wake her!lol

Posted April 30, 2010
Gaston College Prep is a great school because of the wonderful and dedicated staff. The hard working students. It provides students with enrichment, exposure do things some students will not get the chance to experience. It gives students the chance to become more responsible and look to a bright and better future for themselves.

Posted April 30, 2010
Gaston College Prep has done for our children what other schools have not--expected the best. The kids strive to meet that expectation. Great staff and hard working kids.

Posted April 29, 2010
The school not only teaches academics - it teaches how to suceed! My child has become more confident and sure of her abilities since she has been going to KIPP:GCP.

Posted April 29, 2010
I love GCP it is preparing my child for the future and showing her how to be responible for her actions

Posted April 29, 2010
I love Gaston College Prep because of the focus on education and college. It also teaches discipline and good study habits that can be used in everyday life and situations.

Posted April 29, 2010
The faculty and staff provides a great foundation for college success.

Gaston College Preparatory 4

Posted April 29, 2010
This school has made quite a difference in my children. One is very independent and the other is less so. Both have found what they need at the school. The independent child has found the challenges he needs. My other child has developed the vocabulary and thought processes to increase her self-expression and indepedence. I also like the teacher's broad range of backgrounds. My children enjoy their school experience.

Gaston College Preparatory
320 Pleasant Hill Road, Gaston, NC  27832
Last modified Gaston College Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gaston College Preparatory Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top