PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Alamance Christian School
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 30, 2016
Teachers should care about their students and I have not seen that with this school. Compassion is unfortunately not there with some teachers.

Posted June 30, 2016
VERY upset with this school and how they treat their students/families. They do not present themselves as "Christians". To me, a Christian accepts and loves everyone no matter what differences there may be. Very very disappointed!

Posted March 16, 2014
I would not recommend this school if you are looking for a quality Christian education for your children. Based on former experiences, I would recommend Burlington Christian when attending a high-quality Christian education for your children.

Posted November 16, 2012
I used to be a student here and I absolutely loved it, even though the old administrator was very bland and cared more for men, which bothered me immensely, since I am a female. They have EXCELLENT teachers and wonderful people. :)

Posted September 10, 2012
Our daughter is in the 2nd grade here and we love it. I was, however, not happy to see them loosen up the dress code, as it will enevitably lead to more and more of the same. We have found it to be far and away better than the public schools in this area. Admittedly, it is not for everyone, but if you actually READ the statement of faith and the student handbook before enrolling your child, there shouldn't be any surprises. The positions the school takes on matters of faith are pretty clear; if you don't agree, you are perfectly free to go enroll your children somewhere else. Simple as that.

Posted August 15, 2012
Great changes happening at this school. I am so excited that we have a new administrator, updated technology, and discipline by grace. This school is excelling in all aspects of a place for education and fine arts! Alamance Christian is growing and going above and beyond to become the place where you will never want to leave!

Posted August 15, 2012
I have two children at ACS. I am enthusiastic about the new changes taken place. The new administrator seems to have a zest for life, love, and joy. The teachers seem to have new attitudes and I agree with the other reviewer, great phone greeting. I love that Chapel will be updated with speakers on their levels and that the school is trying to modernize their way of thinking without jeopardizing God's word. So excited that my girls can wear sleeveless tops this year, no more dresses unless they want them to, and shorts. Clothing isn't a determining factor in providing an education but what a change for the children. I believe that there will be some overwhelmingly happy children this year. Well if the kids are happy then that will make for a happy school environment, all with keeping God 1st. What a great change this school is making. Good for ACS.

Posted August 23, 2011
This school is VERY heavily "man"-based. The administrator is awful (2009) and has NO people skills! The review below describes how narrow-minded their views are and it is right on the money. Girls are nothing but second class citizens with ridiculous dress codes and the boys can wear whatever they want, including shorts! There is a 1950's feel about the school regarding equality. I did not want my children to grow up feeling inferior to men, so we left and have never looked back ~we love our new school. My youngest has just been diagnosed with a learning disability, which I suspected, but when I kept asking her teacher, she kept saying she was "fine". She had to repeat K at her new school. Guess she wasn't "fine".

Posted May 23, 2011
This school does not allow many christian faiths. Here is statement from their Student Handbook. "In addition, to prevent the child from being caught in a doctrinal crossfire between the home, the church and the school, ACS admits only those students from families where at least one parent and the child faithfully attend a Bible-preaching church whose pastor subscribes to our Statement of Faith.This would preclude membership in or attendance at Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah s Witness, Seventh Day Adventist, Christian Science, or other churches whose doctrinal positions would differ from the school s Statement of Faith (Amos 3:3; Eph. 2:8, 9; Gal. 1:6-9)."

Posted May 26, 2010
I have three grandchildren who have grown up in Alamance Christian School. Their education has been top notch. The quality of the fine arts and athletic programs is excellent with the school being champions in arts and athletics. Two have already graduated and were prepared for college life. One is to graduate in 2011. I highly recommend ACS and the results this fine school produces in the lives of its students.

Alamance Christian School
Po Box 838, Graham, NC  27253
Last modified Alamance Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12