K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Words can not express my disdain for this school. I graduated last year from this establishment to enter the workforce and college positively unprepared and untrained. The only positive mark in repository of skills taken away from SLANC is my ability to stay strong when harassed by a cultish social environment. Moreover, while continuing to take up my time, social life, and money, SLANC somehow stole 4 years of my life which should have been dedicated to schooling, character building, and growth and sharpening of social and environmental skills. A sum of lives have been set back by this school: if you read this don't let yours or your children's be an addition.

I attend shining light academy and currently I am in middle school. This is my first year here, I had to switch to this school due to major issues at my old school. our sports department has one foot in the grave. They fired the one of the only good teachers at the school, whom is also the only coach, and replaced Her with the principals daughter. She gossips about other students, and can hardy teach us. You can't do anything about it because of her relation to the principal. The other teschers are just the same, but not as bad. Certain students are praised for playing sports and can get away with not doing homework, being late to class, etc. the principal could care less about whats going on. same thing for the assistant principal. My mother went to the assistant principal for an issue about being bullied, she said It was "kids being kids." I haven't learned anything this year, and I fear if I leave this school, I will be so far behind grade level. Unfortunately, I'm stuck here in this jail cell until I graduate 12th grade due to the convenience of how close I live to the school. This school is nothing but a daycare and a gossip club.

Shining Light Academy is a wonderful, caring, and Christ honoring Christian school. My son graduated with honors and scored highly on the SAT. He is currently enrolled in the college of his choice and is doing extremely well. I look forward to seeing the rest of my children graduate from SLA. I cannot speak highly enough of this fantastic school!

Shining Light Academy is an academic award winning school. We have an accelerated program with many of our students placing high in academic testing in our state. We have won the spelling bee for our district. Our elementary students have a rigorous program that prepares them for secondary education. Our secondary education has raised the bar in academic standards developing critical thinkers and students with a Biblical worldview.

Our child has been attended Shining Light Academy since K-3 and is currently in the fourth grade. I cannot imagine going anywhere else. Academically, Shining Light Academy is top notch. Their SATs scores are in the top 10 percentile in the nation. Not too shabby! The number one reason to send your child to Shining Light Academy, they can learn about Jesus! What an awesome foundation for our kids!

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! I am so thankful that our child goes to Shining Light Academy where they excel in academics and the word of God is taught! Priceless!

Positive things are a great thing, especially for SLA. Just finished up with homecoming. What a great bunch of young people. They handled themselves with true Christian character. The game after was awesome. The boys lost by 3 in overtime. We have a lot to thank God for.

I am a former student of this school, and am currently in high school. I attended SLA for many years, and I've come to regret that decision. They are extremely far behind in many subjects compared to public schools, including mathematics. I entered my freshman year of high school having no idea how to solve an algebraic equation or even do basic geometry, and thus had to move out of honors so I could keep up with the pace. I knew many students who did absolutely no work the whole year, but were still passed on to the next grade and praised by the staff because they did well in Bible class, and those were high schoolers and middle schoolers. Good for elementary school? Yes. Anything beyond that? No.

My children have attended SLA for several years and agree this has been their best year so far! They are glad they are able to learn without (former) students constantly displaying bad attitudes and disrespecting teachers and intimidating other students. Many thanks to the new administration for stepping up and making this a wonderful school!

We had to remove our children from SLA after the problems we had to endure last year. I'm not sure what the last post means about 'haters' moving on because we loved this school and supported it with our time and money for many years. We were close to the teachers, students and their families and it was extremely heartbreaking to have to remove our children from the school because of the actions of their leaders. Their athletic dept. is just about gone and they fired several teachers this year because they lost so many students (almost half have left). Can 80 families be so wrong about the new admistration? You can decide.

Last modified Shining Light Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12