Shining Light Academy 4

Posted June 11, 2014
Shining Light Academy is an academic award winning school. We have an accelerated program with many of our students placing high in academic testing in our state. We have won the spelling bee for our district. Our elementary students have a rigorous program that prepares them for secondary education. Our secondary education has raised the bar in academic standards developing critical thinkers and students with a Biblical worldview.

Posted March 09, 2014
Our child has been attended Shining Light Academy since K-3 and is currently in the fourth grade. I cannot imagine going anywhere else. Academically, Shining Light Academy is top notch. Their SATs scores are in the top 10 percentile in the nation. Not too shabby! The number one reason to send your child to Shining Light Academy, they can learn about Jesus! What an awesome foundation for our kids!

Posted March 09, 2014
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! I am so thankful that our child goes to Shining Light Academy where they excel in academics and the word of God is taught! Priceless!

Posted February 10, 2014
Positive things are a great thing, especially for SLA. Just finished up with homecoming. What a great bunch of young people. They handled themselves with true Christian character. The game after was awesome. The boys lost by 3 in overtime. We have a lot to thank God for.

Posted November 22, 2013
I am a former student of this school, and am currently in high school. I attended SLA for many years, and I've come to regret that decision. They are extremely far behind in many subjects compared to public schools, including mathematics. I entered my freshman year of high school having no idea how to solve an algebraic equation or even do basic geometry, and thus had to move out of honors so I could keep up with the pace. I knew many students who did absolutely no work the whole year, but were still passed on to the next grade and praised by the staff because they did well in Bible class, and those were high schoolers and middle schoolers. Good for elementary school? Yes. Anything beyond that? No.

Posted October 06, 2012
My children have attended SLA for several years and agree this has been their best year so far! They are glad they are able to learn without (former) students constantly displaying bad attitudes and disrespecting teachers and intimidating other students. Many thanks to the new administration for stepping up and making this a wonderful school!

Posted August 23, 2012
We had to remove our children from SLA after the problems we had to endure last year. I'm not sure what the last post means about 'haters' moving on because we loved this school and supported it with our time and money for many years. We were close to the teachers, students and their families and it was extremely heartbreaking to have to remove our children from the school because of the actions of their leaders. Their athletic dept. is just about gone and they fired several teachers this year because they lost so many students (almost half have left). Can 80 families be so wrong about the new admistration? You can decide.

Posted August 18, 2012
This is a great school! The new administrator had to clean up a lot of things that had been allowed by past administrators. He came in and got rid of the bad apples, and now the school is moving forward in a positive direction. Great faculty, great atmosphere. Let the haters move on as Shining Light grows under the new administration.

Posted August 08, 2012
I agree with the last post. I have had to pull my children as well. The principal that was put in place in 2011 runs the school like a military camp. the kids despise him and hate coming to school now. The pre k and very early elementary grades are good but from 4th grade up they are bad. This new principal has single handed run off more than half of last years students. I would not suggest this school to anyone while Lenington is in charge

Posted June 02, 2012
Our children have been at this school for 5 years and although it used to be a good school, the new principle who started in 2011 has caused a lot of families to leave. He has degraded not just our children in front of others, but many others as well. He has created an environment that is extremely critical and hostile. Our children have been so unhappy this past year and after many attempts to work this out with the principle, schoolboard and pastor, we are removing our children from the school. I know for a fact that we are not the only families who have been forced to leave. This school needs to have more certified teachers as well. He fired one of the best teachers they had for high school and several others left before the school started. We believe our children are now behind those in public school and will have some catching up to do. I would not suggest anyone to put their children in this school.

Shining Light Academy
4530 West Wendover Avenue, Greensboro, NC  27409
Last modified Shining Light Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Shining Light Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.