Bad
Good

Excellent school. Teachers are amazing AND leadership is fabulous. There are so many electives and such TLC in this school. It's a fantastic place for your child to start exploring their passions and grow academically. If nothing else kids get a taste of diversity, excellent education and opportunity to expand creatively. How can you go wrong? Our child is magnet AIG, but my observation is that would not change in quality of teachers. Yes the school is older and its not in a fancy neighborhood, but it's safe and full of positivity. For our kiddo Hunter is pure bliss. Absolutely would not hesitate to enroll. Bonus the bus ride is the same length as it was for our local school which is only 2.5 miles away. Crazy..but true. Don't pass up this opportunity.

I love Hunter Elementary School because they have wonderful caring teachers and staff who go the extra mile for their students

The Staff provides such a safe and nurturing environment that many of the children do not look forward to summer vacation.

The racial and ethnic diversity of this mostly working class school is challenging. For all of this, Hunter is one of the happiest, best-run elementary schools I've known. -With lots of community volunteers to help an inventive, dedicated faculty and staff. I am a former teacher and school administrator.

What a wonderful place for my kids to go to elementary school. My son has high functioning autism and my daughter has ADHD, both have had their needs met beyond my expectations. As a parent, I sometimes feel I want to do more, but the staff and teachers have everything covered, so I'm rarely asked or taken up on my offers. But the teachers are excellent, the staff does go the extra mile. There is huge community involvement...the term 'it takes a village' rings so true at Hunter. We love Hunter and am proud to have our kids there!

My daughter attened this school for 6 years and the teachers were wonderful, the staff went the extra mile to help out. The pricipal is very focused on making Hunter a top school and she is succeeding.

I have 2 children at this school, my daughters second year. My son is mildly autistic and his needs is being met far more than i ever expected, both kids are now very good readers,thanks to the caring teachers here. I just don't see them going anywhere else. Thanks Hunter!

Last modified Hunter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.