Posted January 05, 2014
This school has many positives such as security, a personal touch from the teachers and principal and cutting edge technology. Your faith is not shunned upon. however, this school is heavy on Greek and Roman myths. It is a great college prep school and character building school. The school is dedicated to the whole person.

Posted January 03, 2014
I have two children at The Oakwood School and am very happy with their experiences. The teachers make an effort to get to know their students and help them reach their full potentials. Every year the program offerings, campus, staff and extracurriculars are improving and growing. Character development and learning to love learning are emphasized as well as community service. No school is perfect but this is the best option for us.

Posted November 04, 2013
The Oakwood School appealed to us for three primary reasons: the faculty and staff are engaged and excited about their work; the parent community is involved and inclusive; and most importantly, the students are obviously happy and eager learners. We looked for a school that provided academic excellence in a nurturing environment and we found that in Oakwood. My daughter loves to go to school each day and that makes it worth every penny. We believe fostering a love for learning is a priceless investment.

Oakwood School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
The Oakwood School is very safe overall. Each student receives a laptop in the 4th grade. This is good and bad, it helps the students learn how to use technology and to access all of their notebooks on the laptop. This is a very elite school, I personally have been going to this school for 8 years. The middle school is very poor, the lower school is okay. The high school is very good. I am leaving The Oakwood School, because everyone is in small knit clicks and teachers favor children. The parents and teachers treat it like a country club.

Posted April 09, 2011
My honest thoughts on The Oakwood School is that overall, it is a great environment and is a very involved community. I can leave my laptop or my expensive instrument anywhere on the campus without hesitation and not worry about it being stolen. However, there are some major downfalls. For example, the math curriculum has rarely been up to par with other schools (esp. in lower-middle school). A lot of the academics aren't quite what you'd expect from such an expensive independent school. Also, quite a few of the teachers aren't qualified teachers and have no experience in the subject. This in my opinion is very inappropriate of such an expensive and higher class school, albeit several of the teachers are extremely good and know what they're doing. However, even it being higher class, I find my peers not to be snobby in a serious manor nor the staff or administrators to be rude. Overall this is a very good school, yet it has some minor and major downfalls. If you want a very safe environment and a very comfortable environment, then look no further. Yet, if you want a top of the line academic-focused school, I would look elsewhere, but do not take TOS out of consideration.

Posted April 15, 2010
We have a high school student at Oakwood and we're very pleased with the education he is receiving. The new headmaster has done an excellent job restoring school spirit and credibility. The faculty cares about the students and they are all very accessible to the students. At least 20% of the graduates ('09 & '10) have been accepted to UNC-Chapel Hill and the other students have done very well with the college admissions process as well. The school's athletic programs are improving and there are other extracurricular activites available as well. It's located on a nice, safe campus west of town. Admittedly, the student body is generally upscale but there is diversity and there are financial aid opportunities for academic excellence. While I don't have much first hand knowledge of the lower school, 99% of what I hear from those parents is positive.

Posted April 06, 2010
I love this school. bad thing is that some of the parents are extremely involved. but besides that i love the school. the classes aren't small and the teacher are very good. the sports program is well too. i reccomend thiss school.

Posted November 13, 2009
The class sizes are small, the teachers are well supported and the children seem challenged and happy. Children are involved in community service from Kindergarten on. The tuition is very reasonable, especially when compared to larger cities where you may pay twice as much. It has been a good investment.

Oakwood School 1

Posted June 17, 2009
I went to the oakwood school for 3 years. There middle school is very good. There high school is horrible! Teachers favor students they are very arrogant. The students are very fake along with the teachers. They have very little class choices for extra curricular.There are some things about the oakwood. The small classes and having the ability to use a computer and being able to leave your stuff out without being worried about your stuff being stolen.

Posted November 26, 2008
i go to the school! i love it so much and i never want to go anywhere else!!!

Oakwood School
4000 MacGregor Downs Road, Greenville, NC  27834
Last modified Oakwood School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Oakwood School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.