Hickory Ridge High 4

Posted April 06, 2014
Hickory Ridge is a great high school. We moved here in the middle of our last child's high school years, and have been very happy with the school. Teachers have a concern for their students, the school is academically strong, and the facility is great. Overall, we're very pleased our daughter is a HRHS Ragin' Bull!

Posted October 30, 2013
I am a senior at hickory ridge high school. I have gone through three years of one principal and now we are in our first year with our new principal. My first three years were so so. The administration acts like we are all criminals and our old principal walked around the school like he was a jail guard or something. There was never any communication between students and administration. When I walked by I was just stared at like I did something wrong. I was scared to go near any of our principals and I don't think I actually ever said one word to any of them. This year is different with our new principal. She makes an effort to smile and say good morning when I walk through the front doors. It may not sound like much but that was a huge difference in the way that I view school. She is much higher in school spirit and I feel like she really cares about the individual student not test scores. On the other hand most of the teachers here are amazing. I will miss a lot of them when I go to college. There is no dynasty in any of the sports here but most are pretty competitive each year. Anyways, this school is ten times better now than it was three years ago.

Posted August 28, 2013
It's only the 4th day of school and I am having a blast at Hickory Ridge. They are very strict about a lot of things, but it's not to be mean but to make sure the school is a safe environment and create quality individuals. All of my teachers are fantastic and there's a class for everyone! They seriously have a wide variety of classes. It was hard for me to plan my schedule! Especially in bullying situations the school enforces a safe environment as much as possible. They are serious about academics. They give you a lot of freedoms here and give you lots of responsibility, but it's all worth it!

Hickory Ridge High 1

Posted April 26, 2012
Hello, I am a student currently attending Hickory Ridge High School and i definately find this school to be unsatisfactory. The punishments are way too strict to the point where we have had to protest, uch as our very recent LetNirajWalk where we fought for a kid who was told he could not walk at graduation. We won, this to me shows that we as teh student body have had enough and are tired of our principals ridiclous punishments and are unfortunately forced to take action. during our protest Channel 9 News here in Charlotte, NC took notice and was going to help us and when that happened he agreed to let Niraj walk. If you are a parent moving to this area and are fooled by our test scores do not go for it the school itself is not the high school that my parents told me would be so great and if you already moved here and are attending.... transfer.

Hickory Ridge High 1

Posted December 15, 2011
My children attend Hickory Ridge High and I have not been happy with the administration/staff at all. I feel my children are treated as potential test scores rather than students. We decided to move to Harrisburg based on the test scores and school ratings; however we regret not looking into other aspects of the school instead of relying solely on State Test Scores. My child was a scholar athlete and received no recognition from the school with the exception of being told to purchase his patch for his letter jacket in the school office.This school has potential if the administration would realize a great school is much more than good test scores. The environment at Hickory Ridge is more like a correctional institution rather than a High School.

Posted October 24, 2011
I'm a senior this year at Hickory Ridge, and I've spent all four years here. The school is very strict, and it's maybe a little too academic oriented. We only have a couple pep-rallies a year, one of which is usually focused on academics (how fun!). And two dances, Homecoming and Prom. I always pictured high school as having a ton of dances and pep-rallies and school spirit, but i don't see that here. While it's not really a fun school, I have gotten a good education. As for the focusing on the EOCs, I don't think teachers can help that much, since they are required by the state. Many have been taken away this year, like Civics, so there should be less of a test focus in a few classes. But, the teachers here really do work hard and they're all good at their job. I feel like I've received a great education here.

Hickory Ridge High 2

Posted August 15, 2011
I started going here my freshman year (i am now a junior) and i was really exited and I had heard really good things about it...I was so wrong. The people there are extremely stuck up. The administration is strict and don't care about anything but test scores. I fortunately am leaving the school this year, along with a bunch of others.

Posted January 22, 2011
Our son will be in the first graduating class to go through all four years at Hickory Ridge. We are very pleased with the education he has received.

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted December 22, 2009

Hickory Ridge High
7321 Raging Ridge Road, Harrisburg, NC  28075
Last modified Hickory Ridge High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Ridge High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.