Posted June 14, 2014
My son has loved this school. He has made many new friends and will be traveling to 6th grade with them to HRMS. I'm glad we were able to be in a traditional calendar school like his older brother (high school).

Posted February 05, 2014
We have had our children at Holly Ridge Elem. since 2009 and it has been a wonderful experience. My children have had dedicated teachers who have done an excellent job of keeping them interested and challenged in school. I am not a supporter of 'Common Core' curriculum and thereby I can state many complaints about it, but this is not a school decision - it is a state decision - one that I hope NC will rescind. It has been at HRE for 1.5 years - teachers work with it the best they can. I am aware that due to the curriculum/testing changes, there was an across the board lowering of scores in NC this last year (the 1st with the new curriculum) - which is not uncommon when a complete curriculum/testing change takes place. As far as parent involvement, I have been very involved as a classroom volunteer, general school volunteer and PTA volunteer and have always felt very needed and welcome in these various roles. The PTA in particular is always in need of more help and welcomes any and all levels of involvement! While I will contend that Wake County administration still needs work, I think HRE is an excellent school and would recommend it to anyone moving to the area!

Holly Ridge Elementary 3

Posted February 04, 2014
We were sadly disappointed in this school. The front office staff was extremely cold and unhelpful. Having been very involved at our previous school I was looking for ways to get involved but felt completely unwelcome. We were also surprised that academics were not better considering what we had heard about Wake County schools. We are now in a school in another state where the principal knows every student by name (over 600), test scores are in the 90 percentile and parent volunteers are welcomed and honored. Our disappointment in the school played a huge part in our leaving the area and it was the best choice we've ever made.

Holly Ridge Elementary 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I think Holly ridge Elementary Is a great place. I feel safe sending my children every day which is a big comfort. I am particularly happy with the resource services the school has provided. And all most all the staff have made me feel really welcome and that they are grateful for my help in working with them for my child. my suggested Improves are that they have a little bit more rest time for the children in the lower grades. I think the schedule is heavy in learning in the morning with all the choice time lunch time recess time in the afternoon. I think wish there was a better system for parents to be able to come visit. Not that parents should be able to visit all the time but If a grandparent is in form out of town they should be able to see the class room at least and maybe meet the teacher. I think if I get a call about how my child is misbehaving I should be able to observe the behavior at school so I can better understand what the school is saying. It would also be great if Holly ridge had a better play ground with more shade and maybe more places to climb and be a kid.

Posted October 28, 2012
In 2009, my oldest daughter started kindergarten. I had all the apprehension of a parent sending their child to school for the first time. My concerns were calmed the minute I stepped into school. The office staff was welcoming, the leadership was visible and accessible, and the teachers truly love and care about the children. I now have a second child At Holly Ridge and I can say things have only gotten better. Mrs. Gorman and Mrs. Proux are a dynamic team. We have had 4 years of teacher looking after the academic, social, and emotional needs of my kids. The PTA is active and their is a ton of parent support. My kids are happy and thriving because of the entire staff at this school. I could not be happier!

Posted October 26, 2012
We have had several children attend Holly Ridge Elementary over the past six years. HRES is a wonderful school that has awesome teachers and staff. In the past year there have been many positive changes that have only added to the quality of this school. I cannot say enough about the quality teachers that pour their heart into educating our kids! The PTA is highly involved and very supportive! The staff, parents, and administration truely work together to create a community school.

Posted October 24, 2012
We have two children who are students at Holly Ridge Elementary and we started attending in 2008 when our oldest started kindergarten. It is a wonderful school and we couldn't ask for better educators or administrators! The entire staff is just excellent and we are extremely pleased with the level of dedication the teachers have for each student. The PTA at HRE is also wonderful ! Very welcoming to new members and the activities and events that they bring in for the students are amazing. This PTA does a lot for its school community ! Way to go Holly Ridge Elementary.

Posted October 24, 2012
We have had 2 children attend Holly Ridge Elementary. It's a wonderful school; filled with dedicated, creative, hard working teachers and staff. It has a welcoming environment that you feel as soon as you walk through the front doors. The PTA at Holly Ridge is very involved, they have many events throughout the year that my kids love!! We love HRE!

Posted February 26, 2012
I have a daughter that attended to this school from K through 5th grade and another daughter that has been there from K and is now in 3rd grade. Love, love this school and all the teachers we have had...

Holly Ridge Elementary 4

Posted August 31, 2011
My daughter completed Kindergarten and is enjoying her first week in First Grade. Our experience so far has been a good one.

Holly Ridge Elementary
900 Holly Springs Road, Holly Springs, NC  27540
Last modified Holly Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holly Ridge Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.