Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Staff and administration are awesome - my kids are so happy here. Holly Springs is growing so fast, but the school still has the "small town" feeling. It's a much different experience than the newer/bigger schools in Wake County (having moved here from Cary two years ago, I can attest to that).

I currently have a 4th grader and kindergartener at HRES. The greatest asset of this school is the teachers and staff. They have some of the most dedicated and conscientious teachers! I feel like they actually care about my children and their progress. Since we started in 2010, there have a been a couple standouts, that seem to really "know" my child! Overall, I am comfortable that my kids are getting a solid education (even though teachers are somewhat limited by curriculum expectations). For the most part, the school staff is friendly and helpful; they've always been welcoming. The PTA is incredible with some of the best family activities I've ever seen. Wonderful school!

My son has loved this school. He has made many new friends and will be traveling to 6th grade with them to HRMS. I'm glad we were able to be in a traditional calendar school like his older brother (high school).

We have had our children at Holly Ridge Elem. since 2009 and it has been a wonderful experience. My children have had dedicated teachers who have done an excellent job of keeping them interested and challenged in school. I am not a supporter of 'Common Core' curriculum and thereby I can state many complaints about it, but this is not a school decision - it is a state decision - one that I hope NC will rescind. It has been at HRE for 1.5 years - teachers work with it the best they can. I am aware that due to the curriculum/testing changes, there was an across the board lowering of scores in NC this last year (the 1st with the new curriculum) - which is not uncommon when a complete curriculum/testing change takes place. As far as parent involvement, I have been very involved as a classroom volunteer, general school volunteer and PTA volunteer and have always felt very needed and welcome in these various roles. The PTA in particular is always in need of more help and welcomes any and all levels of involvement! While I will contend that Wake County administration still needs work, I think HRE is an excellent school and would recommend it to anyone moving to the area!

We were sadly disappointed in this school. The front office staff was extremely cold and unhelpful. Having been very involved at our previous school I was looking for ways to get involved but felt completely unwelcome. We were also surprised that academics were not better considering what we had heard about Wake County schools. We are now in a school in another state where the principal knows every student by name (over 600), test scores are in the 90 percentile and parent volunteers are welcomed and honored. Our disappointment in the school played a huge part in our leaving the area and it was the best choice we've ever made.

I think Holly ridge Elementary Is a great place. I feel safe sending my children every day which is a big comfort. I am particularly happy with the resource services the school has provided. And all most all the staff have made me feel really welcome and that they are grateful for my help in working with them for my child. my suggested Improves are that they have a little bit more rest time for the children in the lower grades. I think the schedule is heavy in learning in the morning with all the choice time lunch time recess time in the afternoon. I think wish there was a better system for parents to be able to come visit. Not that parents should be able to visit all the time but If a grandparent is in form out of town they should be able to see the class room at least and maybe meet the teacher. I think if I get a call about how my child is misbehaving I should be able to observe the behavior at school so I can better understand what the school is saying. It would also be great if Holly ridge had a better play ground with more shade and maybe more places to climb and be a kid.

In 2009, my oldest daughter started kindergarten. I had all the apprehension of a parent sending their child to school for the first time. My concerns were calmed the minute I stepped into school. The office staff was welcoming, the leadership was visible and accessible, and the teachers truly love and care about the children. I now have a second child At Holly Ridge and I can say things have only gotten better. Mrs. Gorman and Mrs. Proux are a dynamic team. We have had 4 years of teacher looking after the academic, social, and emotional needs of my kids. The PTA is active and their is a ton of parent support. My kids are happy and thriving because of the entire staff at this school. I could not be happier!

We have had several children attend Holly Ridge Elementary over the past six years. HRES is a wonderful school that has awesome teachers and staff. In the past year there have been many positive changes that have only added to the quality of this school. I cannot say enough about the quality teachers that pour their heart into educating our kids! The PTA is highly involved and very supportive! The staff, parents, and administration truely work together to create a community school.

We have two children who are students at Holly Ridge Elementary and we started attending in 2008 when our oldest started kindergarten. It is a wonderful school and we couldn't ask for better educators or administrators! The entire staff is just excellent and we are extremely pleased with the level of dedication the teachers have for each student. The PTA at HRE is also wonderful ! Very welcoming to new members and the activities and events that they bring in for the students are amazing. This PTA does a lot for its school community ! Way to go Holly Ridge Elementary.

We have had 2 children attend Holly Ridge Elementary. It's a wonderful school; filled with dedicated, creative, hard working teachers and staff. It has a welcoming environment that you feel as soon as you walk through the front doors. The PTA at Holly Ridge is very involved, they have many events throughout the year that my kids love!! We love HRE!

Last modified Holly Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.