Posted January 17, 2014
Great School, teachers are active and participate in my child s educational needs: we moved to the neighborhood just under a year ago and started in Poplin in August. From the time I enrolled my child till now I have had nothing but amazing experiences. Mrs. Clarke is wonderful and the Principal Mr. Broom is great as well. The facility has been welcoming and helpful when needed. My child's test scores are accurate and her education is growing. I am a New Yorker and we came from a great school district up there so moving to a new state for a young child is never easy and the teacher and the staff made it a point to make sure we were all adjusting well to our new surroundings. I have been blessed not to have to worry about any type of difficult transition. My child is having a wonderful year. I am so glad to be a part of this school and to have truly experiences the southern hospitality everyone always talks about from the staff @ Poplin. Thank you to such a wonderful school and staff!!

Posted August 23, 2013
Great school, this will be my child's third year and has learned so much. Very educated staff and great test scores!

Posted October 25, 2012
Bullying is a huge problem here. They also put all their "academically weak" kids in classrooms and pretty much forget about them. It's sad.

Posted August 16, 2012
I'm not sure who are the people giving Poplin a single star rating. Our child has attended both first and second grade here. Both our son and us have loved his teachers the past two years. He looks forward to going to school! Teachers respond to emails within an hour. The PTA has plenty of fundraising events, and plenty of parents attend the fundraisers and information events. The teachers we have interacted with all care deeply about the students. Getting calls back from the principal, v. principal, and PTA has not been perfect, but I have seen the principal get her hands dirty and jump in to assist when other staff are busy. We have not needed assistance for a "special needs" child, but for average and above average students, we give Poplin five stars.

Poplin Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2012
I am a GrandMother and I want to learn more about this elem. school, negative and positive..

Posted June 13, 2012
This school doesn't care about children. The teachers are lazy and the school scores suffer. My kids dislike it here.

Posted June 10, 2012
I put up an honest, bad review of this school and it was taken down. This school is horrible for children who have special needs and there is a lot of funds misappropriation going on. PTA is almost defunct. Horrible school.

Posted March 14, 2012
Strong leadership and excellent teachers make this one of the best elementary schools in Union County!!

Posted February 06, 2012
This school is absolutely horrible. I believe that in order for children to succeed, parents and teachers must be on the same page. This is never the case at this school. I never receive a reply back from either of my children's teachers when I call or write them. Those teachers truly are there for the paycheck only.

Posted June 06, 2011
We've been at Poplin since it opened two years ago, and have been nothing but impressed and delighted by our experience. Currently, there are 5 kindergarten classes. All of the teachers are good, but two of them are out of this world. We've also been really impressed with the 1st and 2nd grade teachers. The special interest subjects offered each week include art, computers, Spanish, music, and PE. (The art teacher is one of the best I've encountered.) The speech therapists also do a wonderful job, if your child needs those services. Ms. McManus, our principal, does a fantastic job. So far, we could not be happier--best elementary school in eastern Union County.

Poplin Elementary School
5627 Poplin Road, Indian Trail, NC  28079
Last modified Poplin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poplin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.