Bad
Good

Excellent communication from everyone - teacher and admin. Very warm and inviting atmosphere. Excellent academics and "specials"... Don't think I could be happier with the education my son is receiving in a public school setting.

We recently moved to the area from Cincinnati, OH. Our daughter started the year shy and quiet, but it didn't last long! She loves her teacher, Ms. Loken (and we do, too). The parent-teacher conferences are very insightful, and you can tell the teachers really care. Communication bulletins come over phone, and teachers email regularly, and respond to emails, many times within an hour. We love this school.

Great School, teachers are active and participate in my child s educational needs: we moved to the neighborhood just under a year ago and started in Poplin in August. From the time I enrolled my child till now I have had nothing but amazing experiences. Mrs. Clarke is wonderful and the Principal Mr. Broom is great as well. The facility has been welcoming and helpful when needed. My child's test scores are accurate and her education is growing. I am a New Yorker and we came from a great school district up there so moving to a new state for a young child is never easy and the teacher and the staff made it a point to make sure we were all adjusting well to our new surroundings. I have been blessed not to have to worry about any type of difficult transition. My child is having a wonderful year. I am so glad to be a part of this school and to have truly experiences the southern hospitality everyone always talks about from the staff @ Poplin. Thank you to such a wonderful school and staff!!

Great school, this will be my child's third year and has learned so much. Very educated staff and great test scores!

Bullying is a huge problem here. They also put all their "academically weak" kids in classrooms and pretty much forget about them. It's sad.

I'm not sure who are the people giving Poplin a single star rating. Our child has attended both first and second grade here. Both our son and us have loved his teachers the past two years. He looks forward to going to school! Teachers respond to emails within an hour. The PTA has plenty of fundraising events, and plenty of parents attend the fundraisers and information events. The teachers we have interacted with all care deeply about the students. Getting calls back from the principal, v. principal, and PTA has not been perfect, but I have seen the principal get her hands dirty and jump in to assist when other staff are busy. We have not needed assistance for a "special needs" child, but for average and above average students, we give Poplin five stars.

I am a GrandMother and I want to learn more about this elem. school, negative and positive..

This school doesn't care about children. The teachers are lazy and the school scores suffer. My kids dislike it here.

I put up an honest, bad review of this school and it was taken down. This school is horrible for children who have special needs and there is a lot of funds misappropriation going on. PTA is almost defunct. Horrible school.

Strong leadership and excellent teachers make this one of the best elementary schools in Union County!!

Last modified Poplin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.