Posted April 24, 2014
My 2nd and 5th grader attend Carolina Forest International Elementary School. We moved back to NC and I was very excited for my children to attend CFE since the school was excellent in the past. I cannot speak about every teacher at CFE however, the teachers that my children received this year are substandard. My daughter's 5th grade teacher is extremely unorganized, will not answer questions in class and is known as the teacher that yells a lot. It takes weeks to find out a test grade and we never have the opportunity to see the incorrect answers. My child cried the entire first week of school. My son's 2nd grade teacher does not seem to be able to communicate with parents. The only feedback I receive is he is on grade level. At the end of each report card period he receives a pile a work without feedback. Since returning to CFE I feel this school has become so focused on end of the year test scores and their image as an "international" school that they have lost track of the the importance of teaching within the classroom. Our family has experienced many schools and from personal experience this school does not meet the standard of 8/10 school.

Posted March 27, 2014
I just read all of the comments below and I think people need to realize that common core has reared its ugly head, and the teachers are having to bend over backwards to meet all of the requirements. To blame test score solely on the teacher is just ridiculous. We have been at this school for 3 years. We love the CFIE family and have been very pleased. Parents have to step up and fill in the gaps at home.. sometimes it is hard to do, I get it... but there is only so much a teacher can do. "They really need to step up their test scores".. Come on! This is by far the best elementary school in town! I do agree that the traffic is a little ridiculous, but once you figure out what works for you (walker, car rider, etc..) it's doable.

Posted March 05, 2014
What happen to these tests scores? Did you they fire the best teachers or something? 2012 G-3 (95%) to 2013 G-3 (55%). What happen? Carolina Forest is the best school in these area. They just really need to step up there test scores. Or have teachers work a lot harder to get test scores up.

Posted January 03, 2014
Wonderful school! Wonderful neighborhood too! The teachers are amazing (that doesn't mean everybody is amazing but 80% of the staff is good!!!) and that's really hard to find in jacksonville town! Principal is wonderful too! She is the rock of that school. And that is why she won the award as "The principal of the year". This is the second year for my children to attend CFE. And I can just tell you that you would not regret it. Is not any private or public school that match this school quality. I'm a proud mom to have my children's and this amazing school! Go Eagles!!!!!!!

Posted December 13, 2013
Ok, but not what I expected!! Some of the staff behavior towards the kids are sometimes inappropriate. Some staff members are yelling and screaming at kids for no reason. Kids also should be able to relax and talk in the breakfast line at least prior to 8 am, but they aren't allowed to. Most of the teachers are cordial and reasonable with the students.The principal is cordial most of the time, but she works her agenda through her staff. Gossip and sarcastic remarks about parents needs to stop. I'm very familiar with other schools in the county and this one is not at the top of my list. I really love when my child has homework, but I do feel that it can be a bit excessive (2-3 hours) for a 3rd grader. Kids are asked to remove their cotton covers from their heads as soon as they step a foot into the building. Can they warm up on their way to class? I think most of the staff does a great job with having at least 27 to 28 kids in some classes! My child has attended a school that has over a 1000 kids to, but everything ran a little smoother. The car drop off line and dismissal times weren't so long. Waiting in the car line in the evening for almost 30 minutes is unreal!

Posted August 18, 2013
My children have been attending Carolina Forest Elementary school for 4 years. We couldn't be happier with their education. The teachers and support staff are amazing. I had some concerns and when I reached out to see what I can do to help it opened my eyes. This school keeps growing my the minute because we are rated one of the best schools. I am amazed how the principal and staff work and operate on such a tight budget. Congrats!! and we are looking forward to another great year at the forest.

Posted August 17, 2013
I have had the privilege of teaching at Carolina Forest Elementary School since the doors first opened in 2004. We have a large and diverse population of eager learners and have been awarded the "Honor School of Excellence" due to inspiring administrators, committed staff members and involved parents. Our student population has grown from approximately 400 students when the doors opened in 2004 to over 900 students last year and we are "busting at the seams" this year. We have added 7 international teachers to our school and will begin a Spanish immersion class this year. As we continue to strive to help all of our students become 21st century competitive learners and educationally advantaged in their global world we need to add more technological tools (laptops, netbooks, e-readers, etc.). All students need access to technological devices both in the classroom and at home in order to bring the latest knowledge and research to their finger tips. With budget constraints, being awarded grants will certainly assist us in meeting these challenges.

Carolina Forest Elementary 1

Posted August 15, 2013
It is horrible!!! No talking at lunch, no talking in the hallways, recess seems to be optional. If the kids are bad they have to walk laps rather than play. The PTA is almost no existent. The teachers very knowledgable are unhappy. The stress to make sure the school rating stays up has come at the price of happiness, and learning. There is too much stress put on the kids to pass the end of year test. Teachers tell students not to tell the parents what happens in school. I have witnessed on several occasions students being screamed by the staff. Being a military mom my children have gone to 4 different schools from private to public in other states. This is by far the worst.

Posted June 11, 2013
My daughter has just completed her 3rd year at Carolina Forest. We couldn't be happier with the quality of the education she received. It is truly a great school, with fabulous teachers and a very involved principle. We are sad to be leaving the district, but know she has a great foundation to build upon because of this school.

Carolina Forest Elementary 4

Posted November 26, 2012
Before we moved to jacksonville I had used the community ratings to decide on where we where going to move. I was very overwhelmed because my children where in pensacola christian academy. I have to say everything was fine great school great teachers.

Carolina Forest Elementary
141 Carolina Forest Boulevard, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Carolina Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carolina Forest Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.