Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted September 26, 2015
My son attends CFIE and we enjoy the school. The principal is great. The teacher my son has for 3rd grade is wonderful, she is caring and goes over and beyond for her students. I love all the work she puts into the kids assignments, and homework. My son rides the bus from CP and so I haven't had to deal with the traffic. My son loves this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 26, 2015
Ms. Boschert is an excellent teacher. She cares for her students. She is very patient.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 26, 2015
My sons 3rd grade teacher goes over and beyond. She takes so much time on their assignments and correcting homework. She has been a blessing for my son.

Carolina Forest Elementary 2

Posted June 16, 2015
Teachers do not care!! It is so sad that it is like this! I am moving my child out of the school!!

Posted March 03, 2015
Some teachers seem very friendly and really care but most don't care. It is extremely unorganized in the morning. The drop off line is very long and if you wait long will be counted tardy. With the amount of student drop off they really need to start a bit earlier. You are counted tardy if not in your seat by 8 am and they start after 740 unloading the cars. You never know if the guard is holding traffic. It is very stressful as a parent. You never know especially when the weather is bad or you get behind traffic or a bus etc. The school should consider how this reflect on the children. Go look down the street at the traffic it's horrible. It's not fun! I bet they would have a lot less tardies and see a big improvement. If they would allow the extra 5 or so minutes. This school is an exception because there are so many drop-offs. It may improve a lot next year. There are a lot walkers who wait outside until they open the doors. Don't get there too early because you will stand in the cold waiting for the doors to open. No hallways or caf opens until 740am. I am surprised no one speaks out. My child loves the teacher this year.

Carolina Forest Elementary 1

Posted November 20, 2014
Your child has no value beyond their report cards at this overpopulated school. Principal will back the teacher EVERY TIME, no matter what the situation is.

Posted April 24, 2014
My 2nd and 5th grader attend Carolina Forest International Elementary School. We moved back to NC and I was very excited for my children to attend CFE since the school was excellent in the past. I cannot speak about every teacher at CFE however, the teachers that my children received this year are substandard. My daughter's 5th grade teacher is extremely unorganized, will not answer questions in class and is known as the teacher that yells a lot. It takes weeks to find out a test grade and we never have the opportunity to see the incorrect answers. My child cried the entire first week of school. My son's 2nd grade teacher does not seem to be able to communicate with parents. The only feedback I receive is he is on grade level. At the end of each report card period he receives a pile a work without feedback. Since returning to CFE I feel this school has become so focused on end of the year test scores and their image as an "international" school that they have lost track of the the importance of teaching within the classroom. Our family has experienced many schools and from personal experience this school does not meet the standard of 8/10 school.

Posted March 27, 2014
I just read all of the comments below and I think people need to realize that common core has reared its ugly head, and the teachers are having to bend over backwards to meet all of the requirements. To blame test score solely on the teacher is just ridiculous. We have been at this school for 3 years. We love the CFIE family and have been very pleased. Parents have to step up and fill in the gaps at home.. sometimes it is hard to do, I get it... but there is only so much a teacher can do. "They really need to step up their test scores".. Come on! This is by far the best elementary school in town! I do agree that the traffic is a little ridiculous, but once you figure out what works for you (walker, car rider, etc..) it's doable.

Posted March 05, 2014
What happen to these tests scores? Did you they fire the best teachers or something? 2012 G-3 (95%) to 2013 G-3 (55%). What happen? Carolina Forest is the best school in these area. They just really need to step up there test scores. Or have teachers work a lot harder to get test scores up.

Posted January 03, 2014
Wonderful school! Wonderful neighborhood too! The teachers are amazing (that doesn't mean everybody is amazing but 80% of the staff is good!!!) and that's really hard to find in jacksonville town! Principal is wonderful too! She is the rock of that school. And that is why she won the award as "The principal of the year". This is the second year for my children to attend CFE. And I can just tell you that you would not regret it. Is not any private or public school that match this school quality. I'm a proud mom to have my children's and this amazing school! Go Eagles!!!!!!!

141 Carolina Forest Blvd, Jacksonville, NC  28546
Last modified Carolina Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.