Posted August 05, 2013
This will be my daughters 6th year at MES. Starting her first year the teachers were caring, informative and helpful. The principle is awesome and the PTO is very active in the school as well as are many parents. There is a great partnership with the community as well as the middle school they feed into. The school has blossomed into a diamond int the school district.

Mocksville Elementary 2

Posted January 14, 2013
We recently moved to Mocksville from a northern state with excellent schools. So far, my third-grade son is more miserable than I've ever seen him. His teacher yells at him in front of everyone, and made him cry during the 2nd week of school. I wrote her twice, asking for a conference, and filled out a conference slip, and all my requests for communication went completely ignored. My normally outgoing and cheerful son is now having full-blown panic attacks while we walk to his bus stop. He vomits every day at school, and his teacher tells him to "quit being a little whiner." There is NO recess here, no free play time outside or in P.E. (just more anally structured organized "games") and almost zero emphasis is placed on the importance and development of creativity. I've never dealt with a teacher who uses sarcasm to communicate with eight year-old children before now, and I'm absolutely beside myself. Fortunately, the principal is AWESOME, and together, we will be working on how best to help my son integrate and acclimate, for it was over a month before he knew any of his classmates' names. Up north, he brought home 100's in every subject. Now, his grades are totally plummeting.

Mocksville Elementary 0

Posted August 02, 2009
This school is fantastic both of my son's attend Mocksville Elementary. Ms. Hendrix and Mrs. Martin are the best teachers! The principal is awesome. I am a very proud parent.

Posted March 15, 2004
Mocksville Elementary School provides children with a great foundation in math, reading and writing. The school's emphasis is on character building. The PTA is active and committed to providing the technological tools to assist the teachers beyond the regular budget. A bond referendum has been approved to allow the building of a new gym and further improvements to the building, which is in great shape. Teachers are qualified, experienced and in love with the children they teach. It is a great school!

Posted September 28, 2003
I truly believe that Mocksville Elementary is one of the finest schools in NC. We have a dedicated staff and an awesome group of administrators. The growth of the kids and the fact that Mocksville has been named a School of Excellence for 2 years in a row spoeaks for itself. The school also has strong parental involvement and a very active PTA.

Contact Information

295 Cemetery Street
Mocksville, NC 27028

School website

Mocksville Elementary
295 Cemetery Street, Mocksville, NC  27028
Last modified Mocksville Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mocksville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.