Posted August 07, 2014
A great school with great kids and teachers. I would not want my children anywhere else.

Posted December 18, 2010
As a former student, there is nothing about this school I would change. It was a great experience with high standards and a passion for their community! I would not put my kids in any other school!

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are wonderful and the sports teams are winners!

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted June 13, 2008
I am a former student of Mt Pleasant. I think that we have the best students and the best administrations in the state. I think every student is treated fairly and on an individual bases. You can't have a zero tolerance on everything. You have to pick your battles. This administration does what is best for the child and they are not influenced by what other students or parents say. Most of our teachers are very good and pride themselves in helping every child achieve their best, but there are a few that have a better than thou syndrome and is always critical of the Administration. As far as our athletes I don t think they are treated different than anybody else. Other schools have kids living out of school district and have criminal charges and still play,etc. It is embarrassing when our fine arts instructors won t even teach our kids the School song. The Band hardly ever plays it the way it was wrote. They are more interested in going to competition instead of supporting school spirit. Our Career and Technical Development teachers are the best around. Over all we have the best high school in the county by far!!!

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted August 18, 2006
This school is one of the finest in the state of North Carolina. The teachers care about the students. The students work hard and are proud of their school. The school is looked down upon by the other schools in the area due to the fact that the school is a country school. The performance of the students is outstanding and the quality of education they receive is above standard. Any parent should feel fortunate to have their children attend this school.

Posted October 12, 2005
I have had a child at this school for four years and will have one there three more years. Overall, I have been well pleased with the performance of the teachers. Most teachers will help a student as much as possible to get better grades. However, I have a problem with athletics being given preference over academics. Administration says academics are more important, but their actions say otherwise. The arts are definitely given the shaft in many instances.

Posted August 10, 2005
- a former student
As a former student in this school, and I feel it is a well rounded school. The only acceptation, as others have mentioned, is athletics overcoming academics. The main focus of the school seems to be job related classes (Ex. Engineering, WebSite Design, Farming, Mechanics). The school offers many programs to allow students to grow beyond what the school can offer by allowing them to get High School credits for classes taken at local community collages. Although the staff is mostly friendly, and keeps and open mind and loose policys on most things, they do seem to be stuck a few years in the past with policys like 'no hats visible on campus' and 'No CD/MP3 players on campus'(That particular rule bothered me during lunch or after school). All together, a great school, very safe, even for geeks like me.

Posted July 13, 2005
- a former student
The pros of this school are it's small size and ability to cater to each students individual needs. There are many wonderful teachers here who only care about your student's education and well-being. The cons, come with the administration. Inapproachable and cold are the only two words I can think of to describe it. Overall though, great school. I would highly reccomend it to anyone thinking of moving to the area!

Mount Pleasant High
700 Walker Road, Mount Pleasant, NC  28124
Last modified Mount Pleasant High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.