Posted June 13, 2014
Don Steed is the best school I have seen both now and in my time. Like a Don Steed Racer my daughter excelled. Mrs. Kim Gray is the best Principal ever. She has been Principal, Teacher, Mentor and Mother to all children. I wish Don Steed all the best. Congratulations to Don Steed on their 1st place in the district for Battle of the Books.

Posted May 31, 2014
My son has been attending school here for 3 years now. The staff and Principal are amazing! We attended private school before and we could not be happier with this school. They are compassionate when a student is in need for educational or health needs! If your in Hoke County, this is the Elementary you want your child to attend. We had previously had experience with one of our other children at Rockfish Elementary, and the experience was not bad but this school is exceptional compared to them!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
Are you looking to live in Hendrix Farms? Then you will love Don Steed! You are lucky to be assigned to this school!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is our 1st year at Don Steed, and so far we really like it. I really love that they are able to challenge my above average 3rd grader. The teachers, staff and principal all seem so helpful when needed. I will write another review by the end of the year so I can give more feedback.. :)

Posted August 13, 2013
Don D Steed is a very nice school, it is a very good learning environment. It has a big library and a lot of books. The principal of the school is friendly and always at the doors smiling and saying hello. It has a beautiful mural on the wall as soon as you walk in. They have a affordable after school care and tutors if your child needs help in class. They also have a mobile lab with laptop computers for the students. What I like about the school is they are always open to volunteers in the classrooms. I think it could improve by having by having after school activities and clubs.

Posted May 20, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this school! My child attended private school before coming here, all I can say is that this school is just as good if not better than many private institutions. The teachers are very involved, the principal knows students by name. Also, the parental involvement in this school is amazing.

Posted June 04, 2012
If you live in Hoke County, this is the school you want your children to attend! The teachers personalize the information given to the students by paying close attention to what each child excels on or lacks. Then they are grouped during "on your own" time so that the teacher may focus on 2 or 3 at a time for 20 mins or so. I love the time and attention that is paid to all the children. I have visited my daughter's calssroom several times, and have always seen the teachers actively participating instead of sitting at their desk on the computer. Principal knows the children by name, they have a gifted program, and parents are involve more so than others schools in the area.

Posted July 20, 2010
We LOVE Don Steed! All of the teachers and staff know every child by name it seems which really helps when you have a shy child. We feel welcome from the time we walk up to the greeter at the door from the time we get back into our vehicles. We have always felt very informed about things going on in the school as a whole and in the classroom. Keep up the great work and the Family feel Mrs. Gray and everyone at Don. Steed!!

Don D Steed Elementary 3

Posted March 15, 2010
There is nothing special about this school. The communication between the school and parents do not exist. The principal is not helpful when there is a problem in the classroom.

Posted November 18, 2009

Don D Steed Elementary
800 Phillipi Church Road, Raeford, NC  28376
Last modified Don D Steed Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Don D Steed Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.