Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I do not appreciate you removing my review. You say to review the school honestly. I read your terms and I didn't violate any of them. Please don't ask parents to leave reviews if you don't really want the truth.

I have 2 children attending WES, the oldest in 5th grade. There is a great variety of electives and a group of teachers with diverse teaching styles. Principal Grant has been a great addition to the school and with him has been a change in energy (for the good) in the school. The teachers respect him and he is a natural leader for the staff and students! I look forward to watching the school continue to prosper.

Agree 100% with post on 1 October 2012. Have the same problem. Child just become underachiever even with AIG status. Honestly, I don't see why this school is different from regular, nonmagnet one.

I have 2 children who have attended Washington since they were Kindergartners. It is a wonderful school with outstanding, engaged teachers. The teachers really care about the students. Washington also offers a great arts program (drama, orchestra, band, art and dance) as well as super academics. The elective program allows students to take classes that cover the core curriculum, but in a very engaging way that really sparks students' creativity. My children's experience at Washington has given them a great start and our family couldn't be more pleased/

When my child was at Washington in the 4th grade, my husband and I was concerned about their academics. Mind you that my child was and still is AG Math and above average in every subject. When my we started to question the teacher, the teacher handled the situation very unprofessionally. The teacher became very angry at us which we could not understand. Any good parent would hopefully be concerned about their child and have questions for the teacher. At the end of the 4th grade year my child showed no growth in reading and very little in math. When my husband and I met with the administrators about this, they shifted the blame to my child. Well how about when my child's took the EOG they end of their 5th grade they showed tremendous growth in reading which shows me that it wasn't him. My child is currently in 6th grade, AG Math and maintaining a B or above average in every class. One thing I don't like about Washington is that the teachers are not held accountable. It's not always the child!!!

This is our 4th year at Washington, and we are highly satisfied with most of our experiences here. Academic challenge is individualized very well, and kids are assessed and shifted as their need for challenge changes. Core instruction is generally terrific, and the level of demand seems to shoot up in third grade. Electives a mostly great - building inventions, analyzing comedy, using math to build a business, modern art on the computer - but what we like the most is the way most teachers and the administration are responsive to families and respect parents' role in their kids' education. While not every request has been granted, we have gotten just what we needed every time it was truly inportant. Plus, we like having so many male teachers!

We have been at Washington for the last 4 years. In the beginning I was one of the biggest advocates for the school in the community, as our first two years were wonderful -- the teachers were caring, engaging and my children completely enjoyed going to school. Unfortunately the last two school years have been a different story. We found most of the second and third grade teachers to be unprofessional at best (spelling/grammatical/punctuation errors are common in communication). All volunteer opportunities and PTA board meetings are during the morning when a majority of parents work. The administration is lackluster and uninterested in truly addressing parental concerns with regards to the staff. Luckily this is our last year at the school.

My son has been attending Washington for a few years now and we have been nothing but happy! He loves it here! The administration at this school is AMAZING!! I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful school!!

Disapointed with one Teacher. Ready to start this New School Yr. is all I will say.

Washington is a great school and has a great elective program including music (orchestra, guitar and piano), band and drama classes. The school has also a great infrastructure for your child, computer lab, gym, basketball court, tracks, and much more. The drama classes that they offer here as electives are awesome and the students all have a great time with those classes. For more instructional classes, they have a broad number of sciences, math and so many more elective classes. Overall, the teachers and principal are very talented people.

Last modified Washington Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.