Partnership Elementary 4

Posted November 08, 2013
Partnership is an unusual school in that it is so personal. The teachers and staff know all the children and parents are encouraged to participate making for a true partnership. The school may be lacking in some of the traditional classroom characteristics/building but the teachers make it work. My kids love coming to school and it feels like home. It has been a great experience so far after 4 years, 2 children.

Posted August 05, 2013
My child attended Partnership from Kindergarten through Fifth grade. The biggest shock to us was how unprepared my child was for Middle School. We have spent a fortune on tutoring just to reach grade level in math and reading so they my child is not too far behind. I do not recommend this school.

Partnership Elementary 5

Posted June 10, 2013
Partnership is a gem of a school! If your child(ren) went there, you would know! I find it interesting that my colleague, who is national educator for STEM , was absolutely captivated by this school. She is actually going to use many of the ideas within the school to help failing charter school in her home state. The teachers care, the students are connected and the admins know all of the kids! It is safe, quaint, and there is super parent involvement! Come by and see for yourself. You are going to wish you went to a school like this when you were a child!

Posted November 20, 2012
Walking into Partnership was a surprise. The place looks like a landfill or a scene from some post-apocalyptic movie. Recyclable materials seem to be spilling out nto the halls, due to some fuudraising endeavor. I will say that the staff spends a great deal of time teaching the three R's. Mind you that they are REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE, not READING, WRITING and ARITHMETIC. Oh well, I guess the world does need janitors.

Partnership Elementary 5

Posted September 10, 2012
Wow, I am sooo happy I did not listen to the reviews on this site. I did indeed come on the site prior to the school year and had grave reservations about sending my child there. I even agreed with a few of the posted comments as well after my first visit. BUT I took my child up there and it was over. My child has the BEST 5th grade team ever! They challenge my child and know him very well. He is engaged and loved having a locker. The parents are invited to the school anytime and it is in general, a happy place for all. Is any school perfect? No, but Partnership was the perfect choice for my child and if I had to do it all over again, all of my kids would have attended this school - no reservations! Come and see for yourself. The teachers are the best ever!!

Posted August 28, 2012
Partnership starts out great in the lower grades. All of that ends once you reach 3rd grade, then quality and competency of the staff/faculty drop greatly. Our children are constantly ignored so the teachers can focus on individuals with behavior problems and/or low performance. If your child can meet the miminum standard at grade level, then do not expect them to go beyond that while at Partnership because flying below the radar is acceptable. The senior partners are all but useless and worry more about fundraising than actually educating the children in their care.

Posted May 22, 2012
I think Partnership USED to be a great school; however, I do believe since the school leadership changed, so have the standards. My daughter who is several grade levels above her peers was constantly looked over so the teachers could focus on the low performing students and behavior problems. If you have a child with behavior problems, this would be a great school for you. If you would like your child to thrive academically, I wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted June 23, 2011
I attended first through fifth grade at Partnership and was one of the first students when the school opened. Teachers catered to every need of students that lagged behind the rest of the class and neglected academically gifted students. The school won awards for raising the test scores of academically challenged students while average or above average students were ignored. A close friend of mine could not even read in the fifth grade. The school was underpopulated and having trouble attracting new students so they clung to their current students and prevented them from leaving the school. The only good thing that came from attending Partnership was the ability to choose almost any middle school I wanted since Partnership didn't feed into any specific middle school. It's been eight years since I've been there and the school may have changed dramatically in that time period. Elementary school is supposed to make your kids love learning but I have only bad memories. I know I won't be sending my future children here.

Posted April 04, 2011
One of my children attended this school throughout her elementary school career; we were set to follow that same path with our other children. We appreciated the small size of the school and the academic calendar (modified schedule). My eldest child had a great first and fifth grade experience, and mediocre staff in between. A change in school leadership (principal and asst principal), however, sent this school down a bad road. Despite a great group of children from throughout the district and some strong faculty members, very inadequate leadership meant many children, parents and many faculty members were unsupported. A couple years back, more than 1/2 of the teaching staff were looking elsewhere in the system for new positions. Children -- of all backgrounds -- are met with low behavioral and academic expectations. Because of the inability of a teacher to manage her classroom and for leadership to set school-wide behavioral expectations, I felt, at times, my younger daughter (who enrolled for K) was physically unsafe within the classroom and on the playground. School leadership inaction did little to change this perception. This school of choice is a bad choice for now.

Partnership Elementary 4

Posted May 29, 2009
This school works very hard to make sure to meet the individual needs of each and every student. We put the kids needs first all the time. This is a unique school, with an especially loving and dedicated staff.

Partnership Elementary
601 Devereux Street, Raleigh, NC  27605
Last modified Partnership Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Partnership Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top