Posted July 07, 2012
Outstanding school! The Catholic education is incorporated in every day life at OLL. Our child is thriving both academically and socially. We feel all of the teachers at OLL are excellent and we welcome the new principal this fall as we feel our Catholic identity will be even stronger than it is today. OLL is a wonderful academic community.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School 2

Posted June 12, 2012
The curriculum is standard with absolutely no enrichment or differentiation. If you have a child who needs acceleration or thrives on a more creative curriculum, the school will not meet your child's needs. There are some phenomenal but also some substandard teachers. The social environment is mixed and bullying, taunting and exclusion occur in in several grades. The OLL Band is an exceptional opportunity for children interested in music. We have had both highs and lows in our experiences at OLL. A new principal is coming and that may transform the school.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School 1

Posted March 08, 2012
I had two children in this school. My oldest graduated but found high school academically challenging because she was not prepared enough. The school is extremely weak in math and writing compared to other private schools. Also, there were bullies and problem kids that attended this school and they were never properly handled. The school looked the other way so it could continue to take in the tuition. My oldest was bullied and had to seek therapy as a result. My youngest, stuggled some academically and was not given the extra help she needed to be successful. A few teachers are standouts and we were lucky enough to have had them. But the overall atmosphere is cold. The principal and vice principal are not effective leaders. I would not recommend this school at all. My older daughter is now in public school and she is thriving!

Posted November 21, 2011
This school has it all- strong academics and strong parent involvement. Very nurturing environment! School is the best in Wake County hands down.

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted July 20, 2009

Posted June 26, 2009

Posted May 29, 2009
This school is justly proud of its academic excellence, but if a child does not meet its lofty standards, then that child will be culled. In that sense, this school is 'catholic' in name only. There are some extraordinary caring people here, but the tone is set at the top--and the school chooses to be more exceptional than inclusive.

Posted February 20, 2008
My son just graduated from OLL last year. Since I went there as a child myself I was already aware of the academic excellence as well as the warm sense of community. As a parent of a child who spent 9 years there (k-8) I can't even think of a single negative comment! I think that says it all.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School 0

Posted November 15, 2007
Small enough that you feel as a member of a family. Tremendous parental involvement that makes the school a high performing school. Blue Ribbon distinction from US DoE that designates OLLS as one of the top schools in the nation based upon standardized tests scores. But rating the heart of the school cannot be done, and OLLS has the biggest one than any other school I have been around.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School
2710 Overbrook Drive, Raleigh, NC  27608
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.