Posted April 21, 2014
The Fletcher Academy has been wonderful for our ADHD son. The small class size, direct one-on-one instruction by teachers and tailoring the curriculum to HIS needs and pace have been wonderful. They keep kids engaged and handle the ADHD behavior issues well. He is learning and his maturity is improving. Teachers are very communicative, caring and real pros with ADHD and other learning differences.

Posted February 05, 2014
Our school has a maximum of 10 kids per teacher; and the core subjects; math, reading, writing, have no more than 5 students per teacher. My daughter thought she was "stupid" until she began attending The Fletcher Academy. Now she gets nothing but A's and B's, and is taking pre-algebra in the 7th grade. There is no end to the damage the public school system does to kids who learn differently. Studies show 1 in 5 children suffer from learning differences; dyslexia, dysgraphia, low working memory, and the like. Yet studies also show people with learning differences dominate the ranks of successful entrepeneurs, scientists, mathematicians, graphic artists, engineers, physicists (think Einstein) and the list goes on. The Fletcher Academy recognizes these gifts, and helps kids get beyond the basics with innovative teaching methods that address each child's learning pattern. I am so grateful we found this school, and I recommend it highly to any parent whose child is drowning in public school because they don't learn the way (and the only way) public schools are set up to teach!

Posted October 26, 2012
This school is wonderful. My daughter currently attends it and she's loved everything about it. The teachers are nice and very patient with the students. We have 0% problems with the teachers. This school has a 4:1 student-teacher ratio, which is a great way for students to get the individulized attention they need to help them with their learning challenges. The students are never mean to eachother; no issues with bullying. The school has a positive atmosphere, and I've seen instant change in my daughter's academic and social performance. I love how they help students gain independence by making the school like middle school with a different teacher for every subject and lockers and different periods ( 1st period, 2nd period, 3rd period, 4th period, etc.) to go to different classes. The Fletcher Academy is a school that will always be a wonderful school for any kid to be at. If you're thinking of sending you're child here, don't hesitate!!!! It's a great school and is perfect. I've got no complaints whatsoever, neither does my daughter. We're as happy as ever about The Fletcher Academy. She's never had a bad experience with anything; the students, teachers, enviorment, anything.

Posted October 08, 2012
Ideal teacher-student ratio; great communication with parents; individualized curriculums. Well laid out building. Excellent PE programs and after school.

Posted September 25, 2012
I am so happy that we decided to send our son to this school. He gets individual attention, the teachers use methods that work with him, and he actually likes school now.

Posted April 01, 2009
My Daugther has a learning Dissability and current attends the Fletcher Academy. I could write about how the 5:1 student/teacher ratio has made a difference; now receives the focussed atention she needed which teachers in the public school system just couldn't give. I could talk about how the daily contract helps us better understand her days at school that same evening so we can address issues and concerns early on. Instead I want to focus on the fact that my daughter is encouraged to try harder now she understands that there are other kids who have to try harder. Better yet, instead of thinking of reasons not to go to school every morning, she now looks forward to attending classes like Cooking class, Nature and Science, and Computer class. TFA has an exceptional group of experienced and dedicated people . Thank you TFA!

Fletcher Academy 1

Posted September 21, 2008
My child attended middle school '07-'08 school year, with several LD and developmental delay issues. I was seriously disappointed in this school. The work level is overly simplified and an unlimited amount of extra credit is allowed to keep grades high in order to boost the child's self esteem. They have a no warning policy for enforcing rules, which they have a lot of. I wish I d requested a copy of their handbook before considering this school. My child is a rule follower and has never gotten in trouble before, but ended up in trouble many times at this school. Administration and new counselor have made many changes to this school, that aren t all good changes. We tried making an appointment with the headmistress to discuss some issues we had, but the earliest she could see us was 3 months out. It was ridiculous.

Fletcher Academy 2

Posted February 07, 2008

Fletcher Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2004
Our son who has ADHD, LD and OCD attended The Achievement School from third through sixth grade. It helped him learn the classroom strategies he needed to accomodate his learning differences and to be successful. The small, family setting with four students per teacher in math, reading and writing allowed for truly individualized learning at each student's own pace. His daily computer class helped our son tap into his natural talent and excel in computer technology. He only left this school because we moved out of state. His experience in returning to a large public school setting was painful. TAS is a great place for a yougster with learning differences to be nutured and allowed to learn at his or her own pace.

Fletcher Academy
400 Cedarview Court, Raleigh, NC  27609
Last modified Fletcher Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Fletcher Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.