K-12|Private
1,430 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My children attended this school for 4 years. We thought that our kids were learning above level education. My children finished with straight A's. However, when we moved to another state, we decided to put our children in public schools because the schools are ranked an A. We thought our children would be ready and be above level with the education here. Well, my daughter was placed in Advanced Math and Language Arts class. She struggled for the first month because the math the school here was all new to her. The children in her class were telling her, that they learned this math last year. On top of this we found out my son's reading comprehension is a grade below level from the schools here. I was in complete shock when I heard this. I thought the amount money we were paying yearly, and were told that NRCA education is above public school. This was a wake up call. I am so glad that our children are now it a real A school.

We have just completed 10 years at NRCA with our youngest graduating last week. First, let me suggest there is no perfect school. We have loved our 10 years associated with NRCA but there were things that happened over the years that we did not agree with. Some were too insignificant to worry about and others led to us meeting with the teacher or administrator. These particular discussions were productive and left us satisfied. HOMEWORK - you will never reach agreement with parents on how much homework is best. The perception is NRCA gives a little more homework than public schools. The expectations are higher with private schools and NRCA students are above the average of the local public schools and the State of NC at all levels. Is there a correlation? I don't know but I do know that graduates will all tell you that the academic rigor at NRCA has prepared them well for college. RULES - yep...there are rules and if you don't like rules, this is not the school for you. If hair length, short skirts and sloppy clothes are important, action will be taken...usually after a warning. The complaining parents below never take any responsibility for their child's actions. In 18 years of school between my 2 boys, neither one ever received a pink slip. CHRISTIAN SCHOOL - it is suggested below that the school is not a Christian school. The faculty consists of current and former pastors. The kids of pastors from many of the local churches can be found in every grade in the school. My wife and I have found that our kids are stronger Christians as a result of NRCA because they are surrounded by so many other strong Christians. It is so exciting to be eating at the local Wendy's and see a table of NRCA kids lower their head's in prayer before they eat. North Raleigh Christian Academy is a school were kids with many different interests can thrive. The athletic department competes in most every competitive sport, the fine arts program is the best in the area and the academic program prepares kids to get accepted and thrive in college. The price also makes it a great value. And, the one topic that all parents agree with...the facilities are second to none. The school and its administrators are not perfect but they will always listen and are constantly looking to improve. This is something my wife and I have always appreciated.

I do find it a little fishy that there are 22 reviews from NRCA administrators, teachers and what I can assume to be "chosen" parents on the same date.....Was it to increase the community rating????? If you scroll down past the March 22, 2016 reviews you will get a more accurate and unbiased opinions.

Our child graduated several years ago from NRCA. It was an excellent education academically and biblically. The NRCA education prepared our child to make the Dean's List at two universities. The Bible teaching at NRCA has had a life-long influence on our entire family. As parents, we are grateful for the biblical worldview that was instilled in our child. After receiving a master's degree, our child still says that the NRCA teachers were the best instructors. They were godly role models. The Superintendent gave a 150% of his best efforts every day to ensure that each child received the best quality Christian education possible. The learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom were priceless. NRCA is the total package.

Amount of homework: Agree

The perception of homework is dependent on the student. NRCA gives homework that is relevant for learning that reinforces concepts to prepare students for their tests. This is evident in the scores students receive on their End of Grade assessments (Terra Nova). Also, NRCA graduates are thankful for their academic preparation prior to college.

Develops character: Strongly agree

These character traits are all components of NRCA's core values and expected student outcomes. Elementary students (I have two) have monthly character traits that they encourage students to demonstrate. Throughout the experiences at NRCA, the school definitely tries to develop a biblical worldview in their students' lives.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are the best we have ever seen. They are well prepared academically, mature Christians and they love the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our child was well prepared for college. The homework was very appropriate for a college prep program. The instruction was excellent.

I have thoroughly enjoyed me experiences at NRCA. I am so thankful that the Lord called me to this ministry. Every year my heart is blessed to see the Lord working in students lives. It is truly an honor to be a part of NRCA and the fulfillment of Luke 2:52 in students lives that they might grow physically, academically, spiritually, and socially all for the glory of God.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, it is a core value of the school. The administration and faculty are committed to integrity, honesty and fairness.

Last modified North Raleigh Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12