Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son just started Kindergarten and he loves it. I feel like we have an awesome academic partnership with his teacher, who keeps parents informed through regular emails and online postings. I am also enthused to join the PTA and volunteer in any way I can.

Removing my children from this school was the best decision I could have made. The difference in my children from when they attended Harris Creek Elementary is night and day. They are happy and full of energy when the get home; not exhausted, stressed, and combative. They are now light years ahead of where they were academically. They now love school...so much so that they play school when stuck inside on a rainy day. When attending Harris Creek, if you mentioned school they would get upset. Harris Creek Elementary is filthy inside and out, over-crowded, and loud. Take a day off and spend the day at Harris Creek; really soak in what happens there on the daily and whether or not your child is actually in a safe and clean learning environment. I did. Many times. I saw/heard nothing I felt good about.

We have been at Harris Creek since 2012. The staff really cares for the students. They are truly in the game for the kids. The principal Miss Sanchez is amazing she does everything from running with the children and fundraisers to observing kids who need extra help. We have relocated and will be changing schools this year. It is my hope that the new school will be as great and caring as this one has been. My tribe of 4 will be forever grateful to the staff for their commitment to public education!

because my girls are doing great academically. I love the programs they also have for the kids.

My daughter graduated from HCES in 2015 and is currently doing great in Middle School. I feel she was always treated fairly and she grabbed every opportunity to better herself. Her teachers and the school staff has always been helpful. Special shout out to Ms. Matheson and Ms. Roberson! Thank you so much!

Amount of homework: Disagree

I know kids are now given less homework than we were used to. I think there could be a bit more practice especially in spelling/grammar.

Instead of singing "wheels on the bus go round and round" these guys here teach the "Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)" song, with lyrics like... "Do the stanky leg (stank) Do the stanky leg (stank stank) Tell 'em "break your legs" (break 'em, break 'em) Break your legs (break 'em dog) My 4 year old Daughter comes home twerking, and when I say STOP!! Where did you learn that? she said from BoosterThon at our school! Apparently, our children where taught this dance as part of a fundraiser to raise money for our elementary school! I told my children that this song was inappropriate and not to do it, where my older son said that his friend said that white people can't dance anyway, and so I told my son that the dance was created by black people so of course white people cant do it as good as they can! Then I said, regardless of who can do the dance better, this song and this dance are inappropriate for children your age and so I do not want you singing that song or doing those dance moves! Well my son repeated that and a little girl in his class told my son that I (Dad) was a racist for saying that! Ummm, What!! Hello, white people cant dance, that's not racist?? But My comment was?? I was making a observation, A black man did make the song and dance! I called the school and apparently my son got a disciplinary referral for repeating what I said, and this whole time I am sitting here in awe wondering why this song was approved by this school for our young children in the first place? Twerking or whipping or nae nae-ing is not appropriate for Black, Mexican, Indian, or white children, "OUR" children to learn, especially when teaching in a fundraiser for financial gain!! Our children are not some "hoochie mama's" on some rap video! These are our kids, our future and that future begins at Harris Creek Elementary School where children are supposed to be taught education! How about some Math? Can we teach that instead please!! (SMH) Spelling? Reading? Or how about "The wheels on the bus go round and round!!"

The school has really gone down hill since change in office staff... There seems to be more concern with fundraisers and raising money for the school then the value of the students... Very disappointing...

My child has been attending Harris Creek for 3 school seasons now (K-2). The school started out fine for us but it has changed over the last couple of years. Recently, HC held their annual Boosterthon Fun Run. My kid ran 37 laps and earned over $400 through pledges. After the run, my child became ill so she needed to be signed out early. The faculty would not count her for a half day credit even though she just earned the school a bunch of money. When asked why the faculty responded in a not-so-friendly manner in front of my child and refused to let her have a half day credit. There have been a few other incidents that have really placed a negative outlook on the school and its staff.

Harris Creek Elementary School used to be a good school. Seems to have gone down hill considerably since change in Administration.

Last modified Harris Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.