Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 14, 2016
My daughter graduated from HCES in 2015 and is currently doing great in Middle School. I feel she was always treated fairly and she grabbed every opportunity to better herself. Her teachers and the school staff has always been helpful. Special shout out to Ms. Matheson and Ms. Roberson! Thank you so much!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 14, 2016
Ms. Matheson (AIG) and Ms. Roberson & Ms. Arellano (Science Olympiad) are amazing and helped my daughter a lot.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted January 14, 2016
I know kids are now given less homework than we were used to. I think there could be a bit more practice especially in spelling/grammar.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 14, 2016
The AIG and Science Olympiad programs are challenging and helped my daughter be a better thinker.

Posted January 12, 2016
Instead of singing "wheels on the bus go round and round" these guys here teach the "Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)" song, with lyrics like... "Do the stanky leg (stank) Do the stanky leg (stank stank) Tell 'em "break your legs" (break 'em, break 'em) Break your legs (break 'em dog) My 4 year old Daughter comes home twerking, and when I say STOP!! Where did you learn that? she said from BoosterThon at our school! Apparently, our children where taught this dance as part of a fundraiser to raise money for our elementary school! I told my children that this song was inappropriate and not to do it, where my older son said that his friend said that white people can't dance anyway, and so I told my son that the dance was created by black people so of course white people cant do it as good as they can! Then I said, regardless of who can do the dance better, this song and this dance are inappropriate for children your age and so I do not want you singing that song or doing those dance moves! Well my son repeated that and a little girl in his class told my son that I (Dad) was a racist for saying that! Ummm, What!! Hello, white people cant dance, that's not racist?? But My comment was?? I was making a observation, A black man did make the song and dance! I called the school and apparently my son got a disciplinary referral for repeating what I said, and this whole time I am sitting here in awe wondering why this song was approved by this school for our young children in the first place? Twerking or whipping or nae nae-ing is not appropriate for Black, Mexican, Indian, or white children, "OUR" children to learn, especially when teaching in a fundraiser for financial gain!! Our children are not some "hoochie mama's" on some rap video! These are our kids, our future and that future begins at Harris Creek Elementary School where children are supposed to be taught education! How about some Math? Can we teach that instead please!! (SMH) Spelling? Reading? Or how about "The wheels on the bus go round and round!!"

Posted November 03, 2014
The school has really gone down hill since change in office staff... There seems to be more concern with fundraisers and raising money for the school then the value of the students... Very disappointing...

Harris Creek Elementary 2

Posted October 31, 2014
My child has been attending Harris Creek for 3 school seasons now (K-2). The school started out fine for us but it has changed over the last couple of years. Recently, HC held their annual Boosterthon Fun Run. My kid ran 37 laps and earned over $400 through pledges. After the run, my child became ill so she needed to be signed out early. The faculty would not count her for a half day credit even though she just earned the school a bunch of money. When asked why the faculty responded in a not-so-friendly manner in front of my child and refused to let her have a half day credit. There have been a few other incidents that have really placed a negative outlook on the school and its staff.

Posted June 27, 2014
Harris Creek Elementary School used to be a good school. Seems to have gone down hill considerably since change in Administration.

Posted May 30, 2014
This is our second year at Harris Creek. We have felt welcomed from the beginning. The staff have been nothing but nice to my family. My son has struggled with reading and the principal was so kind and set up a meeting to explain the different grading levels within reading. The teacher was very encouraging and I'm proud to say his reading has improved thanks to all the help from the teachers and TitleI teachers. It has also been nice to volunteer in the school even though I have a younger child whom I had to bring with me. Everyone is always so kind to him and we are looking forward to him starting kindergarten in July. LOVE Harris creek teachers and staff!

Posted March 13, 2014
Harris Creek has been great to my kids. I have a child that is AG and some that are on IEP's. ALL their needs have been greatly met.

3829 Forestville Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified Harris Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top