Raleigh, NC
Students enrolled: 1,040
Before care: Yes

Posted November 03, 2014
The school has really gone down hill since change in office staff... There seems to be more concern with fundraisers and raising money for the school then the value of the students... Very disappointing...

Harris Creek Elementary 2

Posted October 31, 2014
My child has been attending Harris Creek for 3 school seasons now (K-2). The school started out fine for us but it has changed over the last couple of years. Recently, HC held their annual Boosterthon Fun Run. My kid ran 37 laps and earned over $400 through pledges. After the run, my child became ill so she needed to be signed out early. The faculty would not count her for a half day credit even though she just earned the school a bunch of money. When asked why the faculty responded in a not-so-friendly manner in front of my child and refused to let her have a half day credit. There have been a few other incidents that have really placed a negative outlook on the school and its staff.

Posted June 27, 2014
Harris Creek Elementary School used to be a good school. Seems to have gone down hill considerably since change in Administration.

Posted May 30, 2014
This is our second year at Harris Creek. We have felt welcomed from the beginning. The staff have been nothing but nice to my family. My son has struggled with reading and the principal was so kind and set up a meeting to explain the different grading levels within reading. The teacher was very encouraging and I'm proud to say his reading has improved thanks to all the help from the teachers and TitleI teachers. It has also been nice to volunteer in the school even though I have a younger child whom I had to bring with me. Everyone is always so kind to him and we are looking forward to him starting kindergarten in July. LOVE Harris creek teachers and staff!

Posted March 13, 2014
Harris Creek has been great to my kids. I have a child that is AG and some that are on IEP's. ALL their needs have been greatly met.

Posted November 05, 2013
My son attended Harris Creek for three years. He needed intervention for reading and math. What I found was that my son's teachers were often unmotivated to help him, and that the assessments were inconsistent across the board. My main problem was that the current leadership of Harris Creek is pleased with maintaining the status quo instead of really helping students. After my job took me Durham, and we relocated to Cary, now we can really see the huge difference between schools in various parts of Wake County. Our son comes home motivated and happy everyday instead of being depressed about continually being assessed at every corner. Wake County needs to devote more effort to finding quality leadership at schools that are not located near its more pristine areas.

Posted August 13, 2013
My son is in his second year here. Teachers are great. He loves going to schol

Posted July 12, 2012
My son is starting his second year with Harris Creek and I am extremely pleased with the administration and teachers. He has excelled academically and socially. I would definitley recommend this school to my friends!

Posted June 30, 2011
We are very happy at this school. The administration, teachers, and specialist have all been great. My daughter has exceeded my expectations and really blossomed at Harris Creek. We feel like Harris Creek is a home away from home and feel like there is a great sense of community.

Posted June 07, 2010
My child has been at Harris Creek since 2005. I have been quite pleased with the teachers and administrators. Not only have my children excelled academically, but emotionally and socially. The children have been exposed to the arts and science through special programs. Love this school!

Harris Creek Elementary
3829 Forestville Road, Raleigh, NC  27616
Last modified Harris Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top