Posted September 09, 2012
Monroetone is an EXCELLENT school! I have 2 children that currently attend one in 2nd grade and the other in 4th. This school has been the best school out of the other 2 they have attended, The staff know all my kids by name and tell them to have a great day as we are leaving! Parent/Teacher connection is awesome as well! They keep me highly informed about my childrens progress.

Posted April 18, 2012
My husband and I moved specifically so we could be in Monroeton's district. Our son is finishing up 3rd grade at Monroeton, and this is the 3rd elementary school he has attended (all 3 in Rockingham county) since 4 year Kindergarten. Monroeton is far and away superior to either of the other 2 schools. We have had no problems with bullies (a major issue when he was at Douglass) his teachers are wonderful. There is a great sense of community, and it seems that the staff actually care about the kids. When my son switched to Monroeton at the end of the 1st 6 weeks of 2nd grade, his grades were very low. He was reading at a 1st grade level and had a D in math. By the end of the 2nd 6 weeks, he was reading on a 3rd grade level and had all A's & B's. He also won the 2nd grade Art prize at the end of the year! The school often has activities for parental involvement. Parents are welcome to volunteer, or come and eat lunch with students. Now at the end of the 3rd grade, he is still making A's and B's, and is reading at a 6th grade level! My four year old will be going to Kindergarten this fall and I am very excited for him to be joining his big brother at this wonderful school.

Posted September 18, 2009
My children attended a different elem. school before this one and excelled. They both have had issues with teachers at this school and discipline problems--other children's discipline problems. Bullies galore. My oldest son has moved on to middle school and is once again loving school. I hope that after this year my other child will also have the same success. I regret ever moving them to this school. The administration has lost control of the students, and since the last principal left, there is little compassion. It's just business.

Posted May 15, 2009

Posted March 19, 2008

Posted March 17, 2008
Almost all of the staff at Monroeton is wonderful. They care for the students and have wonderful technology in place for the kids. I think it's a beautiful school also.

Posted March 16, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008

Monroeton Elementary 4

Posted August 30, 2007
My son is now in the third grade at Monroeton and I have enjoyed every years so far. The teachers are wonderful, and the rest of the staff as well. I am impressed, and has been, with the security in the school. My middle child started Monroeton this year and I felt really secure about her going to school. I would recommend Monroeton out of all the schools in Reidsville.

Monroeton Elementary 4

Posted August 14, 2007
Monroeton Elementary school is a very good school. This school provides alot of good incenatives for the students. It is a safe school, but my daughter will not be attending this school year. ONLY due to us moving into Caswell County. I think it is the best elementary school in Rockingham County. The teachers are nice and try to get to know you on a one on one basis.

Monroeton Elementary
8081 U.S. 158, Reidsville, NC  27320
Last modified Monroeton Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroeton Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.