Bad
Good

My family and I recently moved to the area and our son is in Kindergarten here. We have been very pleased thus far in all aspects of the school and it's staff.

My children ages, 9 and 10, transferred to this public school after attending private school since Kindergarten. We have always heard so many great things about the school, and decided to give it a try. We have been pleasantly surprised with both the teachers and the hands on learning experiences. Our girls love the school, and their teachers. After years of private tuition, it was time to see if it was really worth the price. I will say that their public education is comparable to private with the exception of the writing component. This is the biggest area of improvement needed. Overall, I will say we have been happy with our choice, and have really enjoyed saving the extra cash. Good Job SFE!

This is a fanstastic school. My children have been there since Kindergarten. The principal is well respected and a great leader. She was named Catawba County Prinicpal for 2010-2011 school year. The teachers challenge the children to perform at their highest level. There is an emphasis to excel both academically and personally. They set the bar high and expect the kids to be respectful and well behaved. My in-laws have commented several times how well behaved and orderely the children act. We love this school

I love this school. They have Character Kid awards every month with a little breakfast for the kids who win. They have lollipop kid awards for all the kids. The work is definately challlenging, while the teachers are very caring. The principal is doing a wonderful job at SFE!!!!

I also feel the first review was written in reference to an older principal who is no longer there. The school is wonderful, the principal and staff are great as well. My 2 boys love it here at Sherrills Ford Elementary!!

The 2006 post was obviously referring to the old principal who is no longer there. The majority of the teachers were excellent despite the leadership of the school. They did an excellent job with the academically gifted program at the school.

New principal is excellent! She's very hands on with students and they all seem to love her! Teachers are wonderful, as well.

Last modified Sherrills Ford Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.