Public charter
Wake Forest, NC
Students enrolled: 1,594

Franklin Academy 2

Posted January 15, 2015
I am a student here at Franklin academy and first off the "students" who wrote the comments down below, I guarantee you it was our administration because no child in there right mind would write a review like that. I remember when I was in middle school I use to pretend I was sick once a week because I hated school so much. The students here do not have a voice. I don't recall the last time a decent lesson was taught. The teachers here are awful. I am sleep deprived. I am sure your kids would be happier any where else I guarantee you. Thank you
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 25, 2014
I have children that have attended this school all the way through the ranks: elementary, middle and now high. I will give the pros and cons to everyone that wants a complete overview: Pros: small class sizes, fantastic teachers (not a bad one yet), direct instruction, high academic performance, a true prep school, every student is known by name and they follow the students through their career, state of the art apple products throughout the system with ipads issued to all high school students. Cons: Little economic and racial diversity, middle school administration is authoritarian, the students are very sheltered by their parents sometimes to the point of naivete, very weak athletic programs due to the school's small size. lots of gossip is shared amongst the administration. Overall, if you want a high level of instruction with an increasing workload every year in preparation for college with strict codes of conduct then this is a school for your kids. If you want a large and diverse student body to introduce your children to the "real world" with plenty of athletic programs and the scholarships that go with them, then you can find better options than FA.
6 people found this helpful

Posted August 31, 2014
I am a Senior at the Franklin Academy, and will graduate in 2015. The Franklin Academy has provided a consistent, professional, and effective education for me, as well as my peers. I have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED with my time at this school. Every day is productive, yet school is always enjoyable. The staff and administration are accessible and friendly. I have attended two other schools previously, but neither of my previous "schools" had a true passion for education like we do at Franklin Academy. While academics here are #1, there are also a plethora of elective opportunities. The interests of the student body here are truly diverse. Some of my friends are really into band or chorus, while others are into visual art or video production. Electives at Franklin are all superb and professionally instructed; time spent in the classroom is always truly enriching. Some of the favorite elective offerings lately are Video Production, Piano Lab, Actor's Ensemble, Musical Theatre, and Lifetime Sports--just to name a few. While hard work is the objective at FA, we also have a lot of fun as well! If you "win the lottery" and get into Franklin Academy, it is a true blessing!

Posted August 19, 2014
Our experiences at Franklin Academy have been nothing but positive. The communication from teachers and administrators is fantastic and my child really responds to the structure of the school. Yes, it is more rigorous than what we were used to. Yes, they have high expectations and fairly strict rules. But the students seem to respond well to being expected to perform and teachers are right there to help if there is a question or problem. We came to FA from another highly rated WCPSS elementary school and, frankly, the difference between the two schools is huge. At Franklin, I feel like my child is a part of a community that is invested in his success. At his old school, he was just a number. One thing to note, though: there is definitely a transition period when coming to Franklin from another school. It look my son a few weeks to get the hang of the new system. Once he did, though, he definitely rose to the challenge.
2 people found this helpful

Franklin Academy 1

Posted July 19, 2014
Horrible experience!! DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!! This school has racism, discrimination and hatefulness. And all of that is from the teachers to start. We had an awful experience and we pulled our child from the school. Complete utter disregard to the emotional issues they caused by allowing discrimination to fester in their school.
14 people found this helpful

Posted May 14, 2014
If your child isn't academically advanced, gifted or willing to work hard, please do not send him or her to FAHS. The curriculum and work load intensifies with each year, as it should, to prepare your student for the rigors of college courses. I am most impressed with the teacher communication. Whatever you need, they are on it! If you have an issue, the principal is open to conversation and change (if needed). The front desk staff is just about the most welcoming and efficient you will ever find. The teachers are truly devoted to their students, know their stuff and have a genuine desire to see your child succeed.

Posted February 05, 2014
I am a student here at Franklin Academy and have been attending FA since kindergarten. FA is a wonderful environment for students, teachers, and parents. All in all there is no bullying. The teachers here want to help you succeed and they will do their best to make sure that you do. Strangely enough, I do love uniforms. It evens the plying field for everyone and allows students to focus on the important things. However, FA does have several ridicules dress code rules that they really push and will drive you out of your mind! Other than that though you will enjoy your experience at FA and will be very proud of where you can go with it.

Posted February 04, 2014
We are in the second half of our first year at FA. It is a very structured and ridged routine for a kindergartner. Our child has had a hard time conforming to the behavioral standards that the school requires. Thankfully, all of the teachers are more than willing to speak with us and help in any way. While this has been an issue to overcome, our child loves the school and teachers. I have had quite a few communications with different levels of the school, and all have been very helpful, responsive, and informative.

Posted December 21, 2013
Everyone who views this site, please remember that one unhappy family can make several negative comments which clearly seem to be represented in recent posts this school year. Also remember, Franklin Academy has 3 separate campus locations in Wake Forest for elementary, middle school, and high school. Judging from the level of the language used in the negative comments, you can easily make the wise decision to disregard the contents of the negative reviews and consider the source. Please don't let these anonymous remarks influence your impression of Franklin Academy. It is well respected with an outstanding reputation in the community for each one of its schools. Not everyone can be happy all the time but sometimes people share their unhappiness inappropriately by making it their mission to slander some one or some thing they evidently have disagreed with. Visit the schools, speak with school staff, read the website information, and seek community recommendations. You'll find that overall, Franklin Academy remains a highly recommended school of choice in the area, with a long list of lottery applicants (and wait lists) within each school for each school year.

Franklin Academy 1

Posted October 30, 2013
I agree that this school isn't a very educational school but it PE teachers are great and i dont like anything else

Franklin Academy
1127 Chalk Road, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Franklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top