Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son is getting a fantastic education and he is very happy at Franklin Academy.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I am so glad the addressed this topic because this school is such a stand out in this area!! The kids are taught such high values that my son's state that they have never seen anyone bullied. One time my son said he was sitting with a group of really popular kids and there was a kid that they thought was kind of a loner. He told me they invited him to sit with them. Being a former public school student, I said oh so you guys could make fun of him. My son looked appalled, at said "no mom, that's mean, we wouldn't do that. We were worried about his self-esteem so we invited him to sit with us." I was kind of stunned at first and then I realized that this was true and that it accurately reflects the character of the kids at this school. It's a supportive environment. They really do bring each other up, not down. In modern times, it really can't get much better than this.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school definitely is good for average and above average abilities. The teachers are super dedicated, so I assume a child with some learning challenges would do well but honestly most of the kids here are at least average intelligence and academic success is highly valued. I am quiet sure that they would not bully a student with learning challenges but the child may feel inadequate surrounded by so many kids who are on a different level. That would be my only concern for a child in that situation. They offer advanced classes for those who are at that level.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Yes, from the top down, including even the office staff, they all work like a great team. They are all dedicated to the students 100%. In the middle school the office lady knew exactly who my children were the moment I walked in. She helped them out any chance she could and I loved that she had such great knowledge of who belongs there and who may be a danger. I have never doubted she would do all she could to protect her students and she kept a watchful eye on who was doing what, but is sweet as pie if you do belong there. Lol. Thanks Ms. Martin!! You are a true gem!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is so true! It's one of the best things about this school! The kids here are awesome people and definitely who I want my kids being friends with! The school helps mold and inspire them. in addition, most of them having great parents working on at home this too. I honestly can say I have not met a bad influence in the 5 years my two sons have attended this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very well-educated here. Most have master's degrees or higher. They are the so dedicated to their students success, it amazes me sometimes. Excellent, Excellent teachers!!

Supports LD students: Disagree

Because FA is small and a charter, they really can not effectively assist children with learning differences.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character is a thread that runs through everything at FA.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework is significant, especially at the middle school level.

My children have been at all three levels of FA and we are BIG fans! FA is challenging, but in a way that really prepares them for college. The teachers are amazingly supportive. I love that it is another publicly funded option for the Wake Forest area.

Last modified Franklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.