Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Franklin Academy 4

Posted February 18, 2016
Not a typical high school experience. Lacks school spirit, football team, track team and cafeteria. Could be good or bad depending on how you see it. Strict uniforms, small classes, same kids year after. Mostly EXCELLENT teachers. A lot of homework but VERY college preparatory, requires critical thinking and absolutely no busy work. Focus is on education 100%. Work leaves no time for social life and you will be stressed ALL the time.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 09, 2015
We love Mrs. Phillips because she brought my happy kid back! I can never thank her enough for that!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 09, 2015
I've only had experience with one main teacher there, but she is very caring. His math teacher did have him pulled out for remediation even though he has an A when he started not finishing something very fast. I think they are very proactive!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
Some days we might have a little too much, but it is usually the days when my son doesn't finish class work. He has trouble focusing, so I think if it were anymore it would be too much.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Yes, in second grade my son has to write stories and study for big unit tests in science and social studies. He also has to read and do math daily.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
They work on a daily point system where they have to show teachers respect to get a 100.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
My son fell one day, and he had another student help him up and get the dirt off.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
One of my son's teachers told me one day to let me let him make mistakes, so he can learn from them to feel disappointment. She said he will strive to do better!

Franklin Academy 5

Posted December 09, 2015
We moved here lst year, and we had our son in a 10/10 rated school. I wasn't happy with him there because he cried all the time, so I pulled him out and put him in Franklin. They brought my happy kid back! They are always so happy to see him and hug him and treat him like family!! When he struggles with something they give him extra help that he needs! He is not a number there like he was at the other school! I love Franklin Academy!!

Franklin Academy 5

Posted June 02, 2015
Teachers that care and small class sizes. We are blessed to be a part of the FA family

1127 Chalks Rd, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Franklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.