Posted August 19, 2014
Our experiences at Franklin Academy have been nothing but positive. The communication from teachers and administrators is fantastic and my child really responds to the structure of the school. Yes, it is more rigorous than what we were used to. Yes, they have high expectations and fairly strict rules. But the students seem to respond well to being expected to perform and teachers are right there to help if there is a question or problem. We came to FA from another highly rated WCPSS elementary school and, frankly, the difference between the two schools is huge. At Franklin, I feel like my child is a part of a community that is invested in his success. At his old school, he was just a number. One thing to note, though: there is definitely a transition period when coming to Franklin from another school. It look my son a few weeks to get the hang of the new system. Once he did, though, he definitely rose to the challenge.

Posted August 19, 2014
As a homeowner in the adjoining neighborhood, I must say that most all students and parents are rude. They run stop signs, speed, and block the driveways of homeowners preventing them to leave or come home for a good amount of time in the mornings and afternoons. Gifted kids are not above the law and not above respecting others, and neither are their parents!

Posted July 19, 2014
Horrible experience!! DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!! This school has racism, discrimination and hatefulness. And all of that is from the teachers to start. We had an awful experience and we pulled our child from the school. Complete utter disregard to the emotional issues they caused by allowing discrimination to fester in their school.

Posted May 14, 2014
If your child isn't academically advanced, gifted or willing to work hard, please do not send him or her to FAHS. The curriculum and work load intensifies with each year, as it should, to prepare your student for the rigors of college courses. I am most impressed with the teacher communication. Whatever you need, they are on it! If you have an issue, the principal is open to conversation and change (if needed). The front desk staff is just about the most welcoming and efficient you will ever find. The teachers are truly devoted to their students, know their stuff and have a genuine desire to see your child succeed.

Posted February 05, 2014
I am a student here at Franklin Academy and have been attending FA since kindergarten. FA is a wonderful environment for students, teachers, and parents. All in all there is no bullying. The teachers here want to help you succeed and they will do their best to make sure that you do. Strangely enough, I do love uniforms. It evens the plying field for everyone and allows students to focus on the important things. However, FA does have several ridicules dress code rules that they really push and will drive you out of your mind! Other than that though you will enjoy your experience at FA and will be very proud of where you can go with it.

Posted February 04, 2014
We are in the second half of our first year at FA. It is a very structured and ridged routine for a kindergartner. Our child has had a hard time conforming to the behavioral standards that the school requires. Thankfully, all of the teachers are more than willing to speak with us and help in any way. While this has been an issue to overcome, our child loves the school and teachers. I have had quite a few communications with different levels of the school, and all have been very helpful, responsive, and informative.

Posted December 21, 2013
Everyone who views this site, please remember that one unhappy family can make several negative comments which clearly seem to be represented in recent posts this school year. Also remember, Franklin Academy has 3 separate campus locations in Wake Forest for elementary, middle school, and high school. Judging from the level of the language used in the negative comments, you can easily make the wise decision to disregard the contents of the negative reviews and consider the source. Please don't let these anonymous remarks influence your impression of Franklin Academy. It is well respected with an outstanding reputation in the community for each one of its schools. Not everyone can be happy all the time but sometimes people share their unhappiness inappropriately by making it their mission to slander some one or some thing they evidently have disagreed with. Visit the schools, speak with school staff, read the website information, and seek community recommendations. You'll find that overall, Franklin Academy remains a highly recommended school of choice in the area, with a long list of lottery applicants (and wait lists) within each school for each school year.

Posted October 30, 2013
I agree that this school isn't a very educational school but it PE teachers are great and i dont like anything else

Posted October 16, 2013
My son has become a confident student who actually enjoys going to school now. He is currently is in high school and has been attending since 2009. I love it because quite a few of his classes have a very low teacher to student ratio. A few of his classes have less than 12 kids in his class. I had no need to keep his 504 plan that was needed with wake county public schools! I dropped it. He went from failing in other public schools to doing not too shabby and wanting to take the honors classes. You go though carpool lane and the teacher make an effort to recognize what students go with what parent. You aren't just a number. Very impressed. Did I mention they have no locks on the lockers. My son has never had anything taken from him. I love it there. Now to only be able to get my other child in.

Franklin Academy
1127 Chalk Road, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Franklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews.