Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I absolutely loved my experience at Wake Forest High School! Yes, there were some downs to it, but what high school doesn't have them? This school shouldn't be judged on those few kids who cause violence and disturb the learning environment. We should focus on the 99% of the hardworking students, there to learn and succeed in life. The teachers are great! They go over topics repeatedly to make sure the students understand it. Questions are always welcome and the teachers are always more than happy to explain something. The students are very accepting and friendly. You will feel at home in no time. What really motivated me was the school spirit. Everyone is so enthusiastic and it's like a big family feeling. Sometimes it's difficult to work hard at your studies if you don't support your school. The football and soccer teams are the most popular w/ friday night games every week. The library is open with 2 full sets of computer labs, open from 6:30 am- 4:00 pm. You can also come during Lunch (with a pass, of course). I must admit, the hallways get pretty crowded. That's why it's very important to scout out your classroom before school, and figure out different routes to take to your next class in case there is a traffic jam in the hallways. Another thing I love about WFHS, is Cougar Time. This is a 30-min. time frame students get every day, designated to catch students up on late or missing assignments. For those students who are all caught up, they can spend the time talking to their friends in the cafeteria or the gym, work on some homework or study in the media center, or just take a break and surf the web. This is a wonderful school, with great resources, and a loving community of faculty and staff. You're sure to love it here!

I am a current junior at the school. I came in last year and I am happy here so far, some of the teachers do little to teach but most are great teachers. The theatre, though underfunded, is really great!

I am currently a rising senior at Wake Forest and I cannot express how much I love my school. Yes there are food fights and fist fights that occur, however, they occur very rarely and one would be hard-pressed to find a public high school that does not experience the same things. I have always found my teachers to be very accessible. Whenever myself or my parent has a question for staff or administration they respond timely and work to help resolve the problem. The teachers are passionate about their jobs and I have never had a bad encounter with a teacher or an administrator. This school deserves a four star rating at the minimum and it is sad that it has been degraded due to a few isolated incidences.

My daughter started there this year as we moved from out of state. The school has been a complete disappointment. The curriculum is behind her previous school including the honors classes. She has all A's this year but her guidance counselor has told her three times now not to take a certain class because it would be too hard for her. There are food fights on a regular basis as the staff has no control over the students. Fist fights are also common along with the occasional stabbing. There are several students who don't want to be in school and will disrupt the class however the teacher just ignores them. It is very difficult to get a hold of staff or leave a message for them. They also don't return emails. I could go on & on about my disappointment with this school. The NC public school system needs a major overhaul where the kids are taught to a higher standards & the staff is held accountable. I now realize why people who can afford to send their kids to private school do and many others try to get into charter schools. If the public school system would take a look at the successful schools in the area they would realize they need to make major change.

I have no idea how this school shows a 4 star rating! People must be getting paid to write good reviews. My 3rd child is now at this school and if I could go elsewhere I would! All of my children have IEPs and all 10 yes 10 years I have needed to go to the school in person to fix scheduling problems which have to be done IN PERSON because they have an IEP. Most case managers there are USELESS. teachers can't teach the subjects they are suppose to teach. The Math teacher tells the kids to Google everything and when she teaches she says "I think" and "Wait a minute I have to ask the teacher next door." Many teachers are in the halls talking to other teachers when they should be teaching their class, and are on their cells phones. My kids do well in school until we get to High School and then neither I nor my children can wait till it's over. I know why the Colleges have such a great need for pre-curriculum courses. If the High School would properly do their job, these students would be better prepared for College.

My son goes to Wake Forest High and he absolutely loves it!!! The teachers are great and they really care about helping their students. The academics are really good and Wake Forest offers a wide variety of AP classes. There are a ton of after school activities that appeal to a variety of interests. The teacher to parent contact is very good and whenever I've had to contact a teacher or administration they have always been helpful and courteous. We love Wake Forest High School. It is a great school.

This is one of the most outstanding schools in terms of positive faculty relationships and overall atmosphere. The performing arts department is truly excellent, offering courses in acting, technical theatre, dance, music theory, orchestra, jazz band, and music theory.

Exceptional school!! My daughter graduated here 2012-2013! I'm surprised to see they have taken smart lunch away. Very unfortunate however it makes sense for what was going on with some. As for the post about drugs on campus..There isn't a school in the US THAT IS TOLERANT OF DRUG ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!! DRUGS are everywhere unfortunately!! Its up to the parents and school professionals to teach children what drugs can do to kids, teens & adults! However teens can't be "babysat" all the time! By the time you reach middle and high school, if you don't have an idea to stay away from drugs and the kids that do them...its not tthe schools FAULT nor your parents FAULT!!

I've been a ninth grader for two months now, and hopefully, my experience will get better over time. However, coming from Heritage Middle which was a school with a great community, passionate teachers who cared about their students and just genuine good kids, I was very let down. I knew that the school had a drug problem and it really does. The signs that say, "this is a tobacco free school" make me laugh. However, it's not like it's difficult to abstain from drugs if you don't want to do drugs here. I'd say the bigger problem is sadly enough, the teachers. I'm not saying that all the teachers suck or that they aren't trying. The teachers are treated poorly and therefore treat the kids poorly. I've noticed that most of my teachers don't really care about their students as people. They just want to give you the assignment and grade it and then be done with you. They have no care in personal connections and it's even rare for the teachers to even be polite enough to say 'hi' or 'bye'. The football is awesome, but that's about it. I think there needs to be a bigger sense of community (honestly I hate most of my peers) and they need to get the academics in order. I miss middle school.

* This school is outperforming the other two high schools in the area academically * 2 daughters attend, no problems to date, honor students * Miss smart lunch; cougar time not enough to provide extra help * Good friend had bullying problem that was not eradicated by the school * Teachers are well educated * Lots of extracurricular activities to choose from * Respect the education being received

Last modified Wake Forest-Rolesville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.