Bad
Good

Heritage is a fantastic school. The teaching and administrative staff are fantastic and the community is actively involved in the schools. There are also fantastic electives!

I have grandchildren that attend this school which is suppose to be one of the best schools in Wake county. Being this is an elementary school and the first stepping stone towards a child's education, it lays the groundwork for further education. This should be a very positive experience for a child where he/she want to come to school to learn BUT instead it's gotten to be an experience for one of my grandchildren to the point where this child is so emotional in the morning thinking about going to school fearing to be faced with negative comments from the teacher. These are children and they should have a wonderful experience and not one that's going to cause them to have low self-esteem. Shame on these teachers who are suppose to give children a positive attitude instead giving them negativity when they speak calling them a "fool". I was shocked and disappointed hearing the stories my grandchild has told me and even more shocked at the principal's attitude when parents address these issues. Tenure........that's what's keeping both teachers and principals with terrible actions still employed. It's a shame, because in the corporate world.............YOU ARE FIRED!

The staff talks negatively about parents right out in the open and the Principal and Vice Principal do nothing about this. When I had a issue of my child being bullied the Principal told me she didn't have time to address the situation. I found this to be completely unprofessional on her part. The office staff are very unprofessional.

excellent school, excellent dedicated teachers, and the staff rocks. keep up the good work Mrs. Kudla! The nicest teacher ever!

As a parent of a 4th grader, a Kindergartener and as North East transplant I want to share how happy we are with the school, staff and curriculum. There is absolutely no where else we would choose to live and no other school we'd rather our kids attend, anywhere. The teachers are bright, happy, nurturing professionals who love these kids. They empower them, challenge & support them. The staff (Principal included) are open, warm and amazing to these kids and provide a safe and fun environment that my kids actually look forward to going to each day. Our "specialists" (music included) are passionate about their fields of expertise and the children feel that. My 4th grader this year along with her classmates will play her recorder with the NC Symphony, what an amazing experience! When reading reviews, before believing the negative (that often come out right around report card tine, go figure) I urge anyone to just visit HES. The moment you step through the doors you will feel the difference for yourself.

If you're coming from the Northeast be prepared for a shock! This school although considered a "good" school around here isn't even close to the level of education you get in the North. There's no school nurse on site, no real music program or languages. In NC teachers are poorly paid and that reflects on the schools. The PTA is great and it does a lot for the school. Principal doesn't get involved at all in daily school activities or events, kids (and parents) barely know her.

We have been at heritage for 5 years now and I am so happy with the whole experience.. I feel blessed that my kids have had such wonderful teachers etc.. Would recommend to anyone!

Unqualified teachers that don't follow proper procedures when it comes to student progress. Poor teacher parent communication, ad version to using technology and constantly asking for money for things for teachers that aren't classroom related.

We were so excited to come here based on the reviews; however, parents beware! My daughter's teacher refused to provide her with more challenging materials (a complaint we've now heard from several parents!) and when I brought this to the principal's attention, she tried to turn the situation on me. We are so truly disappointed in the lack of communication and professionalism here.

Heritage Elementary is a fantastic school! My son is in Mrs. Keen's kindergarten class and has learned a great deal this year. The principal and staff are very dedicated and create a wonderful learning environment.

Last modified Heritage Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.