Posted June 03, 2013
We now live in a metropolitan area, but my 3 oldest children were all very happy at ACHS, Some math teachers are nationally trained, and the AP Calculus teacher is a tester for Texas Instruments. I was surprised to find such high caliber teachers in a very rural community. This school has an excellent ROTC, band, and state award winning yearbook, and BETA club. This school has an involved student body that supports the athletics and a top notch tennis coach. It offers a really good wildlife biology course and many career oriented programs (nursing etc). We now live in an area with a much higher rated school with a much larger budget, but we feel the quality of the ROTC, and math department and band program is superior at ACHS, We were also pleased with the administration. We really loved ACHS.

Posted August 09, 2009
i go to the school and have also attended a big city school and ACHS is the best school. We have some of the best test scores and are rated as one of the number 1 schools in NC

Ashe County High 1

Posted April 26, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009

Ashe County High 0

Posted November 19, 2008
This is an awesome school... quite possibly the best in the north western North Carolina

Posted May 24, 2003
I have a daughter at the Ashe County High School, even though we live in a remote area, our school system continue to grow with excellent. The whole school system continues to improve every year with academics, sports, the quality of teacher hired. I appreciate all the hard work Mr. Bradley McNeil and his staff put into our school system. I strongly believe that when my child leaves for college she will be able to suceed. Thanks to all the hard work of each person in the school system.

Ashe County High
184 Campus Drive, West Jefferson, NC  28694
Last modified Ashe County High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashe County High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.