Bad
Good

This school has small class sizes and opportunity to accelerate learning if ready. My child is receiving individualized spelling 2-3 years above grade level and has been placed in advanced math and reading. The online Discovery Education is a hit in our household in order to explore topics more in depth. The teachers are friendly and the class sizes smaller than at some other public (and private) schools. The student body is diverse, which is important in an increasingly global society. If I had a few wishes it would be for year round status, eliminate the uniform dress and for more advanced learner interaction to challenge and stimulate. However, some of these are decisions by the county school system and not the individual school.

After working in schools as a teacher, and now being in the parent roll this school has offered a wonderful first experience. My stepdaughter has a great teacher who has been helpful and is knowledgable. The school has many family and student activities and a very active PTA. It is a diverse school that offers a quality experience for students as well as for parents.

This is an Exceptional school in every way. The fact that is is a very diverse school is only a PLUS in my eyes, and in no way hinders the school. The principal and co-principal are top knotch and make the success of this school their principal goal in life! My kids are known by all staff, are embraced and encourange. They are both gifted, but only because the staff here is truly exceptional and have lifted my kids up to a new level in learning. Wow - every school should learn from College Park and go by their way of learning - "the 7 principals of happy kids" (from the author of 7 princiapals of successful people). The kids learn one of the principals each month and it gives them purpose and accountability in their life at school. I cannot say enough about this school! wow. good job College Park School!

This principal (Maria Greene) is amazing! I have never seen such an enthusiastic, principal. I have seen her read books to the children, my son goes right up to her and hugs her at school functions, she is always upbeat and smiling. Very approachable, very positive. My son's first grade teacher has also been awesome. She really seems to get my child, and he has honestly thrived in her classroom. He actually cried during spring break because he missed her so. This is a child who cried not to go to school in kindergarten! (At a different school of course). Many other staffers and teachers are also quite impressive. Everyone knows my son by name and they make him feel welcome everyday.

My child loves College Park! The Teacher's and staff want every child to succeed. They care about the students and are always ready to help in any way they can! They believe every child is a Can-Do- Kid!

I have volunteered at College Park for three years and so have had a chance to see hours of interaction of adults with children in grades 1 and 4. I have also taught and volunteered at other schools in other cities. College Park's 'can do' attitude pervades everything. Adults are friendly and upbeat. Classes are orderly and focused. Teachers are impressively aware of individual children's styles and issues. All the teachers I've worked with were strong and one was perhaps the most impressive teacher I've ever seen. The principal is steady, energetic, and positive.

My son has been at College Park since kindergarten and will be graduating from 5th grade in just a few weeks. We love the family/neighborhood atmosphere of the school and the staff is wonderful. There isn't a teacher that passes us that does not greet my son by his first name, same with the cafeteria staff and custodial staff. We are making a big transition to middle school next year and wish we could bring the staff with us! We will certainly miss College Park

My son has been at College Park for 4 years now and I have not seen but dedication and great support from his teachers and staff. Teachers are highly qualified, administration are very welcoming. I could not think about a better school for my son.

My husband and I have 2 children at College Park Elementary. We have been very pleased with the school, the teachers, and the staff. In the past we have attended other schools, and overall College Park is a great place to be!

This School needs to improve since it has failed its EOP (End of Year Progress) for 3years in a row. If it fails in 2008 it will be taken over by the Government and staff will be replaced. Once Latin American children learn the Englisgh Language other educated children can learn too once they catch up in education. It is a assigned ESL School (Englisgh Secondary Language) so your kids can learn the English Language using No Kids Left Behind funds from the Federal Government. My children love it because it is so easy.

Last modified College Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.