Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My son is currently being bullied and NO HELP AT ALL IS THERE!!!!!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Gang leadership not Good leadership, they need positive male role models and good women mentoring programs that make them better!!!!!

They don't help the children being bullied and they don't put the parents in touch to prevent the bullies at all!!!!! They need to bring belts back and God in this school especially!!!!!

This is a terrible school. There is a huge lack of structure and discipline. It seems like the teachers let the disruptive students set the academic standards. My child is an "A" student, but there is absolutely no challenge in earning that "A". The introduction of Ipads has only added to a crumbling mess of mediocrity; they have become a new game system for the students rather than a tool to foster educational growth. My child will end this year knowing no more than when they started this school year. Compared to other schools in New Hanover county, Williston is a few years behind (the 6th grade curriculum is like 4th grade at a good elementary school, 7th compares to 5th grade, and by the time the students reach 8th grade they might learn what a normal 6th grade class actually teaches). My advise for any parent that wants their child to be challenged, and be academically prepared for high school, do not let your child go to Williston.

I am a student here at Williston Middle. I like the teachers, most of them are very good educators, the rest not so much. The administration is okay, The office staff isn't the best, and they are pretty slow. Dr. Oates, is very determined to make WMS the greatest school under the sun! He's awesome! The 6th grade Assistant Principal LITERALLY babies the 6th graders. She acts like they're toddlers or something. She is very annoying, actually. I know she is committed to her job, but she just loves to baby students. The 7th grade principal, is awesome, he always comes with a smile everyday, and treats the students as if there were his equal. He is very comfortable to be around. The 8th grade principal is very mean and intimidating. She makes me feel uncomfortable. As for other staff, the elective teachers are great. They are passionate about teaching. AIG, ESL, EC, and support staff are really great. One of the only problems I don't understand is the uniform. The 6th graders can't wear jeans, which I don't understand, and if you are out of uniform, it is automatic ISS. WMS, is pretty good, if we keep trying we can make it the greatest school under the sun!

I go to williston im in 7th grade and it is actually a really good school just in a bad part of town the teachers and other staff members there are mostly super cool and for me actually make learning a little fun and they care about us alot and are all really nice i am glad i go to williston because if i didnt i wouldnt have alot of the friends i have and learning wouldn't be as fun!

Williston had a reputation of being a bad school in a bad part of town. This school year is different. There are new teachers and new administration. The principal is no joke.Dr. Oats is making it a safe and desirable place for his students. It is like he is Joe Clark from the Lean on Me movie. I can't wait to see how the school improves. This is just his first year there.

Our son is 7th grade at Williston. I must say that this school has made huge progress in just a few months time under the direction of their new and dynamic principal, Dr. Jerry Oates. The AIG program is much stronger also and we have been very happy with the quality of the 7th grade teachers. Enrollment is picking up here so just a word to the wise: Soon this will be one of those places everyone wants to send their middle schoolers. More parents need to get involved.

As an 8th Grader, I would like to say some things about the school. It isn't as bad as you think, there are fights, but with the help of our new principal, it has gotten better, there are bad moments, but you can't prevent all misconduct. The Teachers are amazing, they only are unpleasant when you deserve it, students only hate them for doing their jobs. It will get better, the new Principal, (I'm not allowed to list names) is cracking down on the gangs, bullying, and fights. Out of Uniform? RUN HOME. YOU WILL BE PUNISHED. That man is determined to make this the greatest school under the sun!

I'm a student at Williston I'm in 7th grade my first year there and it's only been like 3 weeks and I love it there the teachers are so nice but they treat us like kindergartners they make walk in a straight line and have to stop at every single corner and we are not allowed to go to elective by ourselves we have to stay in a line but other than that the school is great!

Last modified Williston Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.