Community Christian School 1

Posted July 01, 2014
Very few parents fully understand the real complexity of this school. As a parent I have observed that not all the classes have the required text books and other needed materials, such as a shortage in textbooks and a lack of operating computers in the computer lab! There is also a huge teacher turnover generally each year due to some teachers quiting and others being fired through unusual and undocumented charges by the Administrator. The Administer lacks a formal background in education, teaching, and management skills necessary to oversee this school. The Board itself has to few active members and give too much authority to its head administrator, which has caused past problems. This school offers false promises. Check their page and look at the teachers and ask them how many years they've been there, then check out the computers to see if they all work, and ask to see the textbooks, which many are outdated or not enough for all students! Resources for at need students is severly lacking unless its been fixed over the last year. If you place your child here, you should be prepared to do a lot over oversight.

Posted September 20, 2011
CCS is a wonderful school. I currently have 2 children enrolled at the school and we have loved the school for the past few years that they have attended. Each subject is taught according to the NC Standard Course of Study (regardless of what others have said); and teachers are able to bring God into the classroom and their teaching. The teachers are great and actually care about students, which you don't find in some public schools. Great administration as well! We will be staying at CCS until our children graduate high school!!

Posted December 03, 2010
My children have always attended the public school system so I was hesitant to try something new for my 9th grader. I can't express what a blessing this has been to both my child and my family. CCS is now our extended family and my daughter comes home everyday with excitement for learning that she has never had before. She literally breaths in everything this school has to offer and she is better for it. Thank you CCS staff and student body <3

Posted January 26, 2009
I am a mother of a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at CCS. We have been apart of the CCS family for the past 6 years. When I first joined at CCS I thought I was paying for PEACE OF MIND, but what I got in return was PRICELESS!!! There is no other school in North Carolina like Community Christian School, Solid Leadership, Devoted Teachers, Super Sports, and Freedom of the HOLY SPIRIT!! WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT? GOD BLESS CCS!!!!

Community Christian School 0

Posted September 25, 2008
I must say that I am quite disappointed with this school. The academics are well below standards. They are not even a match to public school. I hate to pull my child out this year, but I am so afraid that next year she will be well behind her peers in public school. I get the feeling that this school operates by who makes the most donations. Unfortunately, not everyone is given a fair chance.

Posted August 28, 2008
I have have a daughter who has been at CCS daycare and has now started K4. Things have been very impressive! We love CCS and believe that the school is doing a great job. There are so many new things happening and new students becoming apart of CCS. The parent involvment at the school is very exciting! You really get the feeling that everyone is there to help the school in any way that they can.

Posted May 15, 2008
I'm a first-year teacher, so CCS started off my teaching career. I've loved the school since I first step through its doors last August. It has had a difficult history, and even this year has had some ups and downs. Overall, I look back on the school year with a lot of joy. The students truly love God, and they show a huge amount of appreciation to their teachers. The new administrator has already been with CCS for years, and she is really making an impact - GO, PAULA! I just want people to know that the winds of change are blowing at CCS. We just finished putting on a fantastic musical, our girls soccer team is in the running for state champ, and academic standards are rising! God is doing awesome things at CCS.

Community Christian School 2

Posted March 04, 2008
I have been very disappointed with this school CCS because of lack of control. It seems as if the school has gone wild. There is no one that is quilfied to run the school and it seems to me that the board members are tring to run this ship. This used to be a wonderful school and now I really think it's headed for the end.May God have mercy!

Posted January 28, 2008
I am a parent and a teacher at CCS, I have been involved with the school for 5 years. I have children in middle school, elementary and in the daycare. This is a school where I know my children are being loved. Everyone is like family here. Christ is at the center of all we do. I feel my children are safe and getting the education they need.

Community Christian School 4

Posted July 30, 2007
I have a daughter at ccs & she has been there for 6 years the turn over of teachers is quite high but she loves the school & loves the teachers - I am very impressed with the academic level at the school & the fact that they will work with the child if they are having problems. I will keep my child there as long as I can afford it. She is in a good place & I feel safe with her there.

Community Christian School
5160 Packhouse Road, Wilson, NC  27896
Last modified Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Community Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.