Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

parents do believe that it is the teachers and school who are responsible for their child's education. no it is not, they are just their to teach, it is the parent who educate them. so get off those TV shows, smartphones and jobs to payfor it, mom and dads, and spend time with your children to make sure they understood what they were taught during the day

I believe more the negative comments than the positive. I am writing this to prove that anyone can write anything including personnel of school pretending to be parents and say some defensive comments. Our children are at stake and school admin should have some accountability. I vote to have to school district to inspect the school performance and monitor closely to the teachers regarding their level and years of experience. I always believe that what is not measured and supervised it is never improved.

I read the previous review that mentioned the kindergarten teacher and assistant teacher and was absolutely shocked! Our child was in that exact same class and had a wonderful kindergarten experience. It was most certainly not the lead teacher's first year teaching kindergarten. She has been an elementary school teacher for many years, some of those years were kindergarten. We have been very pleased with Sherwood so far and look forward to first grade.

I am in 5th Grade at this school.The PTA is very strong in this school.The only thing is they give a lot of tests and you sometimes get bullied there,too.The cafeteria aides are very mean.But you can get a great education,otherwise.The administration is very proficient.

We have 2 children at SFES and both love the school,their friends, and teachers. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful new principal who is engaged with the parents and, as I hear, very much liked by the teachers. We find it to be a very safe and nurturing environment. The PTA is very strong and involved on a daily basis.

My child has been attending this school for one year and has had a wonderful experience. They focus on visual arts and science and it has truly been a fun and educational experience for my daughter. She comes home everyday excited about the things she has learned. Most of the year she has had at least two teachers working in the class and the parents are highly involved. I am very sad that we are moving because I feel other schools might not be able to compare.

My child had a miserable time at this school. The classrooms were unorganized and chaotic. The parents are great. That is why the school survives. The principal is not a leader. We had to transfer out after two years. Not only was he not taught, we was put in danger on more than one occasion.

Sherwood is an excellent school! My son attended all 5 years. The staff is high quality, parental involvement is outstanding, and test scores are consistently favorable. Great place!

I only have two complaints about this school. Number one is the lack of space; The other complaint is that the foreign language that is taught is French. My husband and I would much rather have our child learning Spanish. Otherwise, the school is terrific.

Last modified Sherwood Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.