Posted January 15, 2014
This school is awful, terrible, horrible, horrendous and dreadful. Stay away, go to a different school if you can. This school has gone downhill since Principal Mcaninch left.

Posted October 21, 2012
Terrible school, Very poor leadership. My little Tommy and Timothy suffered so much here. Very cliquey, poor staffing as well. My sweet little Timothy was bullied over his so called larger frame. Absalutly unacceptable! This school is terrible.

Posted December 13, 2011
I believe Mr. Mac is biased toward the popular people. The teachers pick and choose their favorites. Plus everyone at this school is FAKE. Never send your child to this school. Unless your a cheerleader or a jock you will regret it.

Meadowlark Middle 4

Posted October 13, 2011
Good school....School of Excellence for a good reason. Great parent involvement and teachers seem to care.

Posted May 14, 2011
I also wrote last year on my sons experience and this website did not post it. So Don't Put Your Children In This School!!! Yes there are preferences, racials comments from children, bullying, and if you fight back (two wrongs don't make it right" n quote) you get detention. Yes there is a lot of homework to be done. Which we didn't mind. & we also were mailed a letter from the NC State mind regarding Meadowlark Scoring LOW in math. Yes you are ignored if you complain. SOOOOOO GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted May 13, 2011
This school is terrible. They dont want to hear it when there is a problem. Some children there have major behavior problems and they dont protect the innocent kids from not getting hurt. When you try to address anything with them no one wants to deal with you. As far as the teachers go there is only one there that behaves like an angry child and wonders why everyone wants to drop his class. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It just has way to many problems and they will not help you keep your child's head above water.

Posted March 05, 2011
I am currently serving overseas and in almost every call home I hear hopelessness in both my wife and child. Websites are seldom updated, teachers NEVER communicate with parents. Neither teachers nor staff members display any sense, common or otherwise. Case in point, my son was out for an entire week with diarrhea and went back to school the following week still suffering from bouts of the illness; his teacher would not let him go to the bathroom because school policy dictates that a doctor's note is required for a student to leave class. Idiocy! My 12 year-old had to call his mother, who had to leave work, to come to school so that she could call the doctor and have him fax a letter to the school. Students that miss any days for any reason are required to complete all school work before returning to school (hence, the website). My son simply could not complete the massive amount of work that the school required of him. Since the school was trying to make up for the spate of snow days it had recently been forced to absorb there was an ungodly amount of work to do. (Cont.)

Meadowlark Middle 5

Posted May 02, 2010
I go to this school right now and it is awsome

Posted April 22, 2010
The teachers are borderline scary. One has repeatedly crossed lines of racial issues...saying black power and such in class to students. My child has been a target for certain teachers. Bullying and fighting is just out of hand and nothing is done. Teachers act like kids. Homework and classwork is rushed through and not clearly explained. Problems are almost daily. I have another child starting middle next year and we have decided neither will ever return to this school. Complaints go unnoticed or they act like you are bothering them. Teacher make comments about the kids in front of them and it hurts feelings of child. I would just say the WSFC system needs to step in. If I am not mistaken they have had 3 principals in less than 6 years.

Posted March 31, 2010
This school has done a poor job of helping it's students through their tween years. Quite often, the teachers and administration do nothing to aid their students when they are the victim of verbal bullying. That sets the stage for an awkward environment.

Meadowlark Middle
301 Meadowlark Drive, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Meadowlark Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowlark Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews.