Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted September 29, 2015
This is some what true but sometimes teachers will see only part of something and talk to only one student when there were 2 involved and when the students try to argue for there case the teacher will put them out to go to I.S.S while others will listen and finds out what really happened making the student respect the teacher a little bit more

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted September 29, 2015
The bulling there is so bad that some kids would threaten the bullies with violence but most victims of bulling had some friends and made great friendships

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 29, 2015
Most students there had to much homework and were scared of getting H.I.P so they would always try to copy witch is not an honest thing to do

Posted September 29, 2015
The Principal is terrible he made a program called Homework Intervention Program(H.I.P) and that was for students who didn't or forgot to complete work and if you got 4 you had it for the rest of the quarter now for some kids they couldn't go everyday and therefore were punished 3 kids got in trouble for having a drugs and leaving the drugs lit in the restroom the bulling situation was bad as well my kids were made fun of and sometime had to fight and who got in trouble? Either my kids or no one at all it took 2 years for some teachers to follow the I.E.P's for my kids The kids there are forced to use a locker(something you have to pay for) if the kids didnt use it they would get in trouble the amount of homework that school gives is to much my kids got home at 3 they would be doing homework until 8, 9 and, even in some cases much later if middle school is to prepare them for high school its not doing its job in high school my kids don't get nearly the amount of homework they got in middle school, there have not been any bulling incidents, and no trouble from teachers...that said I really would NOT recommend Meadowlark Middle for anyone unless they want to have there child get in trouble with fighting, drugs and gangs however there are some great teachers there who do try there best to help students not the whole school is bad but it is not the best place

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
I am shocked at the negative reviews. I currently have a child attending, as well as many friends and community members, and I have nothing but positive things to say, nor have I heard otherwise! I think the few 'bad apples' may be the ones reviewing. Overall: Well-mannered students and caring, experienced staff and principal. Low teacher turnover rate which says a lot! Behavior problems are very minimal and seem to be handled. Incredibly friendly and respectful staff. I am in and out of this school often and continue to be impressed! Excellent school!

Meadowlark Middle 2

Posted April 09, 2015
My daughter currently attends Meadowlark Middle School and, with all other post I to agree that the school definitely needs to get its students as well, as some staff members under control. This is suppose to be a great learning experience, fun times with friends as well, as staff members not "horrible" ones! I for one can say I have seen first hand things that are just mind blowing when it comes to the educational stand point from "some" teachers as well, as students and their actions towards not only the staff but, the other students as well. My child alone has been verbally attacked by certain staff members as well, as other students for absolutely nothing!! These kids are out of control and, unfortunately I have to say it most likely stems from some parents not monitoring their kids in school, outside of school and mostly on "SOCIAL MEDIA". We as parents can't be their friend we have to be their parent first as if not these kids will continue to walk over those of authority including parents. We often see on T.V where a child loses it and, takes it out in school with those students and staff members becoming the injured parties!! WAKE UP PARENTS & STAFF!!!!

Posted January 15, 2014
This school is awful, terrible, horrible, horrendous and dreadful. Stay away, go to a different school if you can. This school has gone downhill since Principal Mcaninch left.

Meadowlark Middle 5

Posted September 08, 2013
My daughter is in the 8th grade this year at Meadowlark Middle School. This is her third and final year at this school. The school is has many fantastic teachers who go out of their way to help those children that want to learn. It's very exciting when my child come home and talks about how exciting her class was and what she learned. A teacher that can put a spark in my daughter's eyes about learning is a teacher that us truly amazing. I also absolutely love the friendly office staff at at Meadowlark Middle. They are highly professional and willing to help every time I don't understand, need something or have an issue that needs to be resolved. These are some of the reason why Meadowlark Middle should win the contest. The school is top notch when it comes to public schools and in my opinion it is better that a lot of the private schools around here.

Posted October 21, 2012
Terrible school, Very poor leadership. My little Tommy and Timothy suffered so much here. Very cliquey, poor staffing as well. My sweet little Timothy was bullied over his so called larger frame. Absalutly unacceptable! This school is terrible.

Posted December 13, 2011
I believe Mr. Mac is biased toward the popular people. The teachers pick and choose their favorites. Plus everyone at this school is FAKE. Never send your child to this school. Unless your a cheerleader or a jock you will regret it.

301 Meadowlark Dr, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Meadowlark Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.