Winston-Salem, NC
Students enrolled: 1,085

Meadowlark Middle 2

Posted April 09, 2015
My daughter currently attends Meadowlark Middle School and, with all other post I to agree that the school definitely needs to get its students as well, as some staff members under control. This is suppose to be a great learning experience, fun times with friends as well, as staff members not "horrible" ones! I for one can say I have seen first hand things that are just mind blowing when it comes to the educational stand point from "some" teachers as well, as students and their actions towards not only the staff but, the other students as well. My child alone has been verbally attacked by certain staff members as well, as other students for absolutely nothing!! These kids are out of control and, unfortunately I have to say it most likely stems from some parents not monitoring their kids in school, outside of school and mostly on "SOCIAL MEDIA". We as parents can't be their friend we have to be their parent first as if not these kids will continue to walk over those of authority including parents. We often see on T.V where a child loses it and, takes it out in school with those students and staff members becoming the injured parties!! WAKE UP PARENTS & STAFF!!!!

Posted January 15, 2014
This school is awful, terrible, horrible, horrendous and dreadful. Stay away, go to a different school if you can. This school has gone downhill since Principal Mcaninch left.

Meadowlark Middle 5

Posted September 08, 2013
My daughter is in the 8th grade this year at Meadowlark Middle School. This is her third and final year at this school. The school is has many fantastic teachers who go out of their way to help those children that want to learn. It's very exciting when my child come home and talks about how exciting her class was and what she learned. A teacher that can put a spark in my daughter's eyes about learning is a teacher that us truly amazing. I also absolutely love the friendly office staff at at Meadowlark Middle. They are highly professional and willing to help every time I don't understand, need something or have an issue that needs to be resolved. These are some of the reason why Meadowlark Middle should win the contest. The school is top notch when it comes to public schools and in my opinion it is better that a lot of the private schools around here.

Posted October 21, 2012
Terrible school, Very poor leadership. My little Tommy and Timothy suffered so much here. Very cliquey, poor staffing as well. My sweet little Timothy was bullied over his so called larger frame. Absalutly unacceptable! This school is terrible.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 13, 2011
I believe Mr. Mac is biased toward the popular people. The teachers pick and choose their favorites. Plus everyone at this school is FAKE. Never send your child to this school. Unless your a cheerleader or a jock you will regret it.

Meadowlark Middle 4

Posted October 13, 2011
Good school....School of Excellence for a good reason. Great parent involvement and teachers seem to care.

Posted May 14, 2011
I also wrote last year on my sons experience and this website did not post it. So Don't Put Your Children In This School!!! Yes there are preferences, racials comments from children, bullying, and if you fight back (two wrongs don't make it right" n quote) you get detention. Yes there is a lot of homework to be done. Which we didn't mind. & we also were mailed a letter from the NC State mind regarding Meadowlark Scoring LOW in math. Yes you are ignored if you complain. SOOOOOO GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted May 13, 2011
This school is terrible. They dont want to hear it when there is a problem. Some children there have major behavior problems and they dont protect the innocent kids from not getting hurt. When you try to address anything with them no one wants to deal with you. As far as the teachers go there is only one there that behaves like an angry child and wonders why everyone wants to drop his class. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It just has way to many problems and they will not help you keep your child's head above water.

Posted March 05, 2011
I am currently serving overseas and in almost every call home I hear hopelessness in both my wife and child. Websites are seldom updated, teachers NEVER communicate with parents. Neither teachers nor staff members display any sense, common or otherwise. Case in point, my son was out for an entire week with diarrhea and went back to school the following week still suffering from bouts of the illness; his teacher would not let him go to the bathroom because school policy dictates that a doctor's note is required for a student to leave class. Idiocy! My 12 year-old had to call his mother, who had to leave work, to come to school so that she could call the doctor and have him fax a letter to the school. Students that miss any days for any reason are required to complete all school work before returning to school (hence, the website). My son simply could not complete the massive amount of work that the school required of him. Since the school was trying to make up for the spate of snow days it had recently been forced to absorb there was an ungodly amount of work to do. (Cont.)

Meadowlark Middle 5

Posted May 02, 2010
I go to this school right now and it is awsome

Meadowlark Middle
301 Meadowlark Drive, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Meadowlark Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowlark Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top