Carver High 3

Posted September 24, 2012
I went to this school about four years ago. As I understand, it is no different now then when I went half a decade ago, based upon my siblings friends. I was able to manipulate the principals and teachers on a weekly basis. I skipped school well over the majority of the year and was able to convince teachers to bend the rule in order me to make up late tests and exams so that I could pass for the year. The teachers truly care about making a difference in their pupils lives but it can be very difficult for pupil or student to make a difference in anyone life in the environment; it is solely based on the determination for success or ability to be inspired. I went to Carver in 9th grade and left in 11th for Forsyth Middle College. It is very hard for me to stick with things after how easy it was for me to get out of things and skip class. I ended up with my GED and am now a work from home mother of two. I feel comfortable with my life and attribute most of my happiest moments from Carver to the the nurturing I received from teachers that I did not receive from home. Carver did not leave me lacking, but I did not learn unless I was in AP or Honors classes. I enjoyed the school.

Posted January 15, 2012
I LOVE CARVER! I went to Carver my 9th grade year, It was the best year of school by far! My friends agree Carver is a real high school. Let's face it no school is perfect but Carver is a good school. The teachers care about their students. Sure you have some kids that just come to be there but you have that Everywhere! I loved all my teachers and I miss Carver High School deeply. The students that are there to learn are successful! I would recomend Carver for everyone. You can't hide that yellow jacket pride!!! Go yellow jackets!! ;)

Carver High 1

Posted October 17, 2011
I wouldnt recommend Carver for any parent who wishes success for their child. I attended Carver 9th through 11th grade. Might I say I was a honor roll student from Kindergarden until the day I left for Middle College @ Forsyth Tech. Carver is full of people whom simply come to school because they have to, the teacher's get distracted based on idiots in the classroom. Teachers spend more time correcting people's language and attitudes than they do teaching. For someone like me who looked forward to coming to school daily it was very distracting. I have 0% Yellow Jacket Pride. It was a miserable enviroment and honestly I didnt feel safe coming to school. Before thinking of sending your child there take into consideration the schools location, and your childs sanity. The prinicipals and higher up's like to pretend the school is perfect, when in reality it's the farthest thing from. I cant begin to truly explain my hatred for this poor excuse for a high school. You constantly hear foul language sometimes from teachers mainly students peoples pants are on the ground you cant go through the hallway without fear of someone fighting. The faculty does absolutely nothing about any of this.

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted July 25, 2009
I love carver high school and i have carver back 100% and i can't wait until i go their next year for 9th-12th grade. Go Carver!!!!!

Carver High 1

Posted February 06, 2009

Posted January 11, 2009
I am a senior at Carver High School and have been attending my entire high school career. I believe Carver's standards are so low because of the students and the teachers. The teachers get discouraged from the students' lack of aspiration to succeed and the students are okay with the fact that the teachers will let them get by with mediocrity. How can the students hope to be successful if the teachers lower their standards for those who are unwilling to put forth sufficient effort. If there's going to be any change, there has to be a new principal who is willing to set high standards and scrap those teachers who aren't willing to teach at the appropriate level, to give those students a greater challenge which will better prepare them for future education.

Posted September 16, 2008

Winston-Salem, NC 27105

School website

Carver High
3545 Carver School Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27105
Last modified Carver High is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.