Sherwood Forest Elementary 1

Posted July 03, 2014
I believe more the negative comments than the positive. I am writing this to prove that anyone can write anything including personnel of school pretending to be parents and say some defensive comments. Our children are at stake and school admin should have some accountability. I vote to have to school district to inspect the school performance and monitor closely to the teachers regarding their level and years of experience. I always believe that what is not measured and supervised it is never improved.

Sherwood Forest Elementary 4

Posted July 29, 2013
I read the previous review that mentioned the kindergarten teacher and assistant teacher and was absolutely shocked! Our child was in that exact same class and had a wonderful kindergarten experience. It was most certainly not the lead teacher's first year teaching kindergarten. She has been an elementary school teacher for many years, some of those years were kindergarten. We have been very pleased with Sherwood so far and look forward to first grade.

Sherwood Forest Elementary 4

Posted March 04, 2012
I am in 5th Grade at this school.The PTA is very strong in this school.The only thing is they give a lot of tests and you sometimes get bullied there,too.The cafeteria aides are very mean.But you can get a great education,otherwise.The administration is very proficient.

Posted February 01, 2011
We have 2 children at SFES and both love the school,their friends, and teachers. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful new principal who is engaged with the parents and, as I hear, very much liked by the teachers. We find it to be a very safe and nurturing environment. The PTA is very strong and involved on a daily basis.

Sherwood Forest Elementary 3

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted April 27, 2008
My child has been attending this school for one year and has had a wonderful experience. They focus on visual arts and science and it has truly been a fun and educational experience for my daughter. She comes home everyday excited about the things she has learned. Most of the year she has had at least two teachers working in the class and the parents are highly involved. I am very sad that we are moving because I feel other schools might not be able to compare.

Sherwood Forest Elementary 1

Posted March 22, 2008
My child had a miserable time at this school. The classrooms were unorganized and chaotic. The parents are great. That is why the school survives. The principal is not a leader. We had to transfer out after two years. Not only was he not taught, we was put in danger on more than one occasion.

Posted July 27, 2007
Sherwood is an excellent school! My son attended all 5 years. The staff is high quality, parental involvement is outstanding, and test scores are consistently favorable. Great place!

Sherwood Forest Elementary
1055 Yorkshire Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27106
Last modified Sherwood Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherwood Forest Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.