Bad
Good

South Fork Elementary 5

Posted September 26, 2013
This was first school in USA when we moved to this country. My daughter loved this school and her memories are still fresh. I like the way teachers supported students as well as parents to adjust well with new environment. I love this school and staff

Posted March 02, 2009
I have a nine year old boy who has been attending South Fork since he was four years old through the More at Four Program. I agree with other posts that everyone know you by name. The teachers and faculty are great. I am a firm believer that parents play a very important part in the school's academic sucess because teachers need our support as much as we need their support. South Fork is a great school

South Fork Elementary 5

Posted February 26, 2009
I agree with the other post that South Fork is not the newest or prettiest school in the district, but I love the faculty and staff. It is so nice to walk in to the school and everyone knows you by name. All the teachers are so supportive of the children. No, it doesn't have the highest test scores, but I love that my children are exposed to so much diversity. South Fork is a great school that more people should appreciate.

South Fork Elementary 4

Posted December 02, 2008
This is my daughter's second year @ South Fork, her being a 1st grader. This school needs money for improvements and expansion, but the teachers....The teachers really care about the students and make due with what they have. My daughter has loved both her primary teachers as well as the teachers that do the 'specials' as she calls them. (music, media center, gym, etc) The teachers understand that raising and teaching children should be a joint effort and involve the parents in homework and class activities. It may not be the newest or prettiest school in Winston Salem, but it shines in all the areas that count.

Posted March 16, 2006
I am a firm supporter of this school having had 5 children attend two of which are still students I feel its great! Academics challenge my children and the faculty is great! PTA is struggling. What would make this a better school is for the parents to join the PTA and work together. We recently moved out of district and opted after the 1st quarter to return our children to South Fork which was the best thing since melted butter. Children are excelling and are very happy.

Posted August 30, 2005
I do not like this school my daughter is in kindergarden they will not let me go to her classroom they will not let me go eat lunch with her untill the middle of the school year they lock all of the doors untill school is out exsept at the front office i think i should be able to be more involved alot of the people there act like they just hate there job i cannt stand it.I feel that they should be alot nicer working with children

4332 Country Club Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27104
Last modified South Fork Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.