Youngsville, NC

Posted June 10, 2015
My son went to YES for his 5th grade year and did very well. My daughter has been going since Kindergarten and has had a great overall experience. They try to recognize each student for his/her own abilities and work with each one. The classroom sizes are smaller than average, which is good. The PTO has its challenges but that's a volunteer organization and I'm the type of parent that would rather pay tuition than sell stuff. The teachers, so far, seem to love the kids and they really work well with the parents. Not all teachers are that meticulous, but that goes on in every school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
It really varies by teacher, but homework is necessary. Period. Last year she had roughly 3 sheets and this year she has one.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
They don't tolerate bullying AT ALL and they foster a sense of cooperation among the students.

Posted July 25, 2012
I must say since my children's enrollment here, it has been a great experience. They love the school and so do I. The staff is just great. The Principal and the office staff is so kind. I didn't think I would like the track-out situation but I really love it now that I am on track. Get school and staff.

Posted April 28, 2010
i have 2 children in this school and the only reason is i like the year round scheduling. i feel as well as many of you do about staff. i feel belittled, and treated like some crazed parent when i send in noted to talk or have to call due to no response to the notes. i feel there is alot of teacher bullying as well. we will be moving on.

Posted July 21, 2009
My husband & I love the education our son receives at this school. All the teaachers & staff are really caring & I haven't had any bad issues if one arose I feel confident that I could go to the teacher,principal or asst principal & have the issue resolved w/out any hard feelings on either side. When someone asks which school my son attends I say it proud Youngsville Elementary School

Youngsville Elementary 3

Posted May 12, 2009
At the first I thought the school was great they were going to work in the best interest of my son. That is not the case,the teacher very unwilling to work with us or the tutor . Alot of bullying by the teacher to students and parents. Very little has been done help my son deal with his learing difficulties. Lets just say the Ball has been dropped by the school. It's in my court now.

Youngsville Elementary 1

Posted August 05, 2008
Not impressed. Extreme lack of communication and caring. Written and verbal requests for parent-teacher meetings went ignored. It seems they are annoyed when having to deal with concerned and involved parents. I think Mr. Smith has good intentions. But his poor leadership skills result in a staff that opts for the path of least resistance, and they don t seem to care about making a lasting impression upon young minds. My children would get home with boilerplate photocopies of homework, oftentimes, with very little clue as to how to do it. I would explain to them in 10-15 minutes most every night what their teacher should have done in the 6 hours that they are there during the day. I could have done a much better job homeschooling them.

Posted August 04, 2008
I thought the year round schedule was absolutely the best thing ever invented. It broke up the school year so the children did not forget what they were taught the year before. I wish all of the county had that schedule! P.S. Rick Smith is a great principal also.

Posted June 06, 2008
I hate the year round schedule, especially when none of the the other schools around are on the same schedule! Teachers are great, schedule stinks and should be changed!

125 U.S. 1, Youngsville, NC  27596
Last modified Youngsville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youngsville Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top