Public charter
Akron, OH

Edge Academy, The 4

Posted August 11, 2014
Excellent curriculum! I really also like the staff. They concentrate on reading and math which I also really like.

Edge Academy, The 2

Posted March 05, 2014
This school is more worried about what my kids hair cuts look like and what shoes they have on than their education... My son consistently got straight A's and received his first F in Social Studies... I never received a call he needed help in Social Studies but if he had a hair cut with a little design nothing offensive nor was it big or shoes were not all black and brown my work phone and cell phone was ringing

Edge Academy, The 1

Posted August 30, 2012
I was extremely disappointed with this school. We recently visited. I can not believe the principal's behavior! She spent time gossiping with a teacher about another staff member instead of answering questions about education and my child. I had hoped the edge offered parent's a better choice. Sadly, this school left a lot to be desired. After additional research, we've decided the edge is most definitely not where our kids belong. Send your kids elsewhere.

Posted March 22, 2010

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted February 06, 2008
My children and I are very happy with they way Edge works. They are a wonderful school.

Edge Academy, The 3

Posted January 08, 2008
My son attends Edge Academy he has been there for the last six years.I like the concept of the school.Edge teaches the students to respect each other,that is as if not more important to than getting good grades.The issue of safty has come up here recently.

Edge Academy, The 0

Posted July 14, 2007
My daughter attended the Edge Academy for K and 1st grade. She did very well there and she had one of the best and most compassionate 1st grade teacher's I have ever seen. Her name was Ms. Miller. My daughter did very well there, but no longer attends because I wanted her to attend a more racially diverse school. I withdrew her from the school when it went into academic emergency because, although I liked the school, her education is of the utmost importance to me. My daughter is black, as are 98 percent of the children at The Edge Academy. I think they should try to make it a more racially diverse environment because children need to be able to get along and co-exist with children of all different races, starting at a young age. Exposure to all races, for all children, only helps them in the future. Ashanti

Posted December 12, 2005

Edge Academy, The 2

Posted November 02, 2004
Edge Academy currently employs Teachers that do not have the compassion needed in instructing the at risk youths. The student ratio is 98% African Am., and the teaching staff consist of majority Caucasion Teachers. It has been observed that the Teachers can not relate to the students.

Edge Academy, The
92 North Union St, Akron, OH  44304
Last modified Edge Academy, The is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edge Academy, The Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top