270 students|Edge Academy The

Bad
Good

Excellent curriculum! I really also like the staff. They concentrate on reading and math which I also really like.

This school is more worried about what my kids hair cuts look like and what shoes they have on than their education... My son consistently got straight A's and received his first F in Social Studies... I never received a call he needed help in Social Studies but if he had a hair cut with a little design nothing offensive nor was it big or shoes were not all black and brown my work phone and cell phone was ringing

I was extremely disappointed with this school. We recently visited. I can not believe the principal's behavior! She spent time gossiping with a teacher about another staff member instead of answering questions about education and my child. I had hoped the edge offered parent's a better choice. Sadly, this school left a lot to be desired. After additional research, we've decided the edge is most definitely not where our kids belong. Send your kids elsewhere.

My children and I are very happy with they way Edge works. They are a wonderful school.

My son attends Edge Academy he has been there for the last six years.I like the concept of the school.Edge teaches the students to respect each other,that is as if not more important to than getting good grades.The issue of safty has come up here recently.

My daughter attended the Edge Academy for K and 1st grade. She did very well there and she had one of the best and most compassionate 1st grade teacher's I have ever seen. Her name was Ms. Miller. My daughter did very well there, but no longer attends because I wanted her to attend a more racially diverse school. I withdrew her from the school when it went into academic emergency because, although I liked the school, her education is of the utmost importance to me. My daughter is black, as are 98 percent of the children at The Edge Academy. I think they should try to make it a more racially diverse environment because children need to be able to get along and co-exist with children of all different races, starting at a young age. Exposure to all races, for all children, only helps them in the future. Ashanti

Last modified Edge Academy, The is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.