Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Everyone in the front office is grumpy and unwelcoming. The layout of the parking lot is really dysfunctional so picking up my kid is an ordeal every single day. Every other school I have taught at and visited has this figured out. King has not, and it's not only about the parking lot. They selectively inforce a policy that parents must either park off campus (200 of us!) or park in 1 of 10 parking spots only to be aggressively blocked in by the road-raging parents in the line of traffic that they do not selectively inforce. Ridiculous! It is a hot mess, taking about 30 minutes just to pick up my child! If they were remotely friendly and accommodating about it, we would stay. As it is, we are withdrawing our child. It's that bad.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

This happens occasionally with my child and I am never satisfied with their attempts to remedy the situation. The offending students do not have priveledges revoked and there is no follow through. There is no school focus or curriculum on anti-bullying to my knowledge and it shows. Example: My child was tied up to a fence with a jump rope at recess and left there. The bullies ran back to the cafeteria then to get plastic knives. Then they pretended to stab him. Finally a teacher noticed. Their punishment: they had their "lights" changed from green to red. That's it!!? The next day was an assembly and there they were. Thy didn't lose that priveledge or have any meaningful consequence. Nada!

Supports LD students: Neutral

My child is ahead of the curve and his teacher does a great job challenging him while bringing up the end of the pack.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Every function I have been to is a hot mess and I have taught in public schools for years. I know it doesn't have to be this way. The "leadership" in the front office is simply rude. Another example: anyone who has ever worked with kindergarteners knows that it is a scary time when they first go there. At the registration open house, they did not tell any parents that they were going to take your child away from you to conduct screenings–and we are the type of parents who read everything that goes home. Everything. Had we known, we would have talked to our son to tell him what would happen. As a result, the registration session was a steady stream of 4 and 5 year olds crying as strangers took them off. This is ineffective leadership.

Develops character: Disagree

We really wanted our child to enrich his education with diversity of all kinds. Unfortunately, the behavioral problems and lack of respect I have witnessed first hand are NOT a type of diversity we want. They do not have a handle on assemblies and have clearly not set clear expectations for appropriate behavior. Example: they could not quiet the students at the last assembly. It was as if that was the first time they had ever addressed it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The art teacher and Mr. C are amazing and very experienced. The music program seems week and they do not offer technology class. Overall, I am very pleased with the teachers.

From the principal the teachers the janitors and the PTA our experience is excellent. From walking Wednesdays to kick ball games, the building opened and is brand new since 2014.

I attended King Elementary school from 1995-2000. King truly prepared me for the challenges I was to encounter later in my education. I can honestly say that with every conflict or struggle I had in middle school or high school or even on into college, I could relate it to an experience I had or a lesson I learned at King School. Furthermore, the teachers I had at King (and even some of the teachers I didn't actually have in class) had a real talent for remembering all the little details about me, and others I went to school with. I would bump into them here and there (and I still do) and they'll ask me how my classes are going and about work and life. They still ask about my future and my goals, and offer advice. It is evident they care. King is a truly excellent school and I am blessed to have attended.

Two of my children have attended King Elementary and my youngest will be attending King soon. We have been very happy with the education. We have encountered very dedicated teachers. The PTA is well organized and very involved, and offers additional programming that truely benefits the children such as Science Night, COSI at school, After School Enrichment, and Fall Festival. I highly recommend King Elementary.

I went to school there when I was a boys and now my daughter attends King. Its a great school and the staff are excellent

Last modified King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.