Ashtabula, OH
Students enrolled: 1,120

Lakeside High School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
lakeside is a good school. you just have to give it a chance. there are many students who do want to be there and learn.

Posted September 17, 2009
The location is great, the architecture is beautiful, and the students finally have a facility that they deserve. Go Dragons!

Lakeside High School 4

Posted September 18, 2008
I'm a parent of three children who will be entering Lakeside in the next few years. Lakeside is not the highest scored school around, but I think it shows that the administration has made great strides to do better. This is a struggling school, that I belive recognizes it's flaws, and should be commended for making fantastic attempts to remedy them. No, it's probably not a lot of people's first choice in schools. But you know, I'm proud my children will be going there, and I think with parent support, and community support, this school will soon be a really great place. I don't think anything productive comes from bashing Lakeside, and when you do - especially parents - you are also really putting down the kids...and I thought they were supposed to be the most important? Let's as a community stop pointing fingers and turn this school around! Go Dragons!

Posted October 17, 2007
This school has definately made some improvements. The main improvement is the administration. There is no more favoritism being shown. Students are becoming more and more on time to classes. The SMR room was a terrific idea. It seems to be working. Also, there is way less kids wondering around in the hallway. You can tel that be looking in the hallways and seeing the lights shut off because noone walked in there. That never used to happen. Academically we are slowly improving. It will take time but we will get there!

Lakeside High School 3

Posted September 05, 2007
As a parent of two children at Lakeside High School, the school has improved in most areas such as academic help with the new tutor program. It should not be the students responsibility to teach their classmates. The dress code is reasonable, however I do not see the problem with skulls or flip-flops that should be at our discretion. I believe that everyone has the right to be an individual with-in reason of course, the school is crushing that for the students. Also why is all of the focus on athletics? What about academics where is the money to improve that? As a tax payer I feel that money should not only be used to make the school look good, but to make our children smarter. Signed mother of two tax payer

Posted September 05, 2007
This school is alright, the focus on academic could be better rather than what we're wearing. I'm not say that we should come to school with our bodies hanging everywhere, but a little freedom and individualality would be nice. The teachers for the most part are alright some can handle the students and some can't but you'll find that in any school. The principal seems reasonable, I am glad that they have harshend the punishment for tardiness and skipping, if i have to be in class why shouldn't other kids? Academic will hopefully improve with the academic couching program. All in all things at Lakeside are improving but i hope by the time i graduate things will be better. I am not saying that its a great school and i look forward to going everyday its definitly needs to improve but it is getting better.

Lakeside High School 1

Posted March 06, 2007
As a parent of two children attending LakeSide High School,I am outraged at what is going on in the new school.I have seen the classroom out of control with the teacher doing absolutely nothing.There is no discipline except for suspensions from the vice principal,no phone calls are made to parents when their child is missing a lot of classes.There is no discipline from the teachers ,the kids are out of control.My son will graduate this year and says if he could,he would transfer schools today.I regret sending my children there,it is a beautiful school on the outside,but so ugly on the inside.Is this what we parents are spending our tax dollars on?

Lakeside High School 4

Posted January 29, 2007
My son goes to Lakeside High School. He is in all honors and AP courses. He gets along very well with his teachers. If the student can't get help from one specific teacher, there are others who teach the same subjects. Sure, certain teachers are better than others, but that happens everywhere. Overall, my child believes his teachers are excellent. Anyone who thinks otherwise should actually go in and talk with the teachers. My only complaints are that the school lacks extracurricular activities for the less athletically inclined, and that us parents are not as involved as we would like to be.

Lakeside High School 5

Posted January 29, 2007
I've got quite a fondness for the school, myself. Even in the old building, I enjoyed it. I don't have the want to participate in extracurricular activities, so the sports are perfectly fine with me. I respect the fact that many students find a sport that they enjoy muchly. As for the teachers, I will also agree with my mother on that. Even the teachers who teach my AP classes are very nice people to talk to, though many would assume them to be hollow.

Lakeside High School 5

Posted January 08, 2007
I am a current Junior at Lakeside High School. While I agree with most of the reviews on this site, my opinions differs from all of them. Lunches.They are expensive and somewhat disgusting, however, those who cannot afford lunches get opportunity of free lunch. Also, the new building isn't trashed in the least yet. I haven't seen any graffiti on any of the walls or anything. The sports facilities are nice and it is definitely not crowded. The school is very safe with security guards on the clock all throughout the school day.Also, you don't have to be popular to have a great time. I am not popular in the least but I've had the time of my life with the friends I love.So there is no reason to send your students away just because of people's opinions. You should give Lakeside a chance. I'm glad I did.

6600 Sanborn Rd, Ashtabula, OH  44004
Last modified Lakeside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeside High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top