Teays Valley High School 1

Posted June 09, 2013
I couldn't be anymore disappointed with this school district. The administration won't do anything at all and if you threaten to go to the county they do anything to shut you up. They want to preserve their good name when it's no good to begin with. There are a few good teachers here but the others are extremely rude and unsympathetic to anyone. Students will not report bullying but they're more than happy to join in. The teachers do it too, and if your child is in special education get ready for a fight for them to learn anything more than 2+2 or how to spell their own name. Nothing gets done at this district they're so concerned with keeping a good name they have abandoned the school and the kids when there are clearly problems they need to address.

Posted June 14, 2012
My daughter & I moved to this district her 7th grade year. She loves the environment & would not go to any other high school if she could. The curriculum is challenging & students are graded fairly, (no favoritism here...if a student earns an A, that is what they get; if they barely miss it, they know to work harder to earn it next grading period). The band program is top-notch! The instructors work to teach them about the value of hard work, responsibility, & accountability while having some fun along the way. My fianc & his son moved down here in January & the boy is thriving here as well. Both our children are honors students, as well as musicians & athletes, (she is in band, color guard, percussion ensemble, & choir; he is doing band, jazz band, percussion ensemble, football, & track). I am very pleased with the staff & administration at Teays Valley. I watch the kids' grades via jupitergrades &, if I have a question or concern, their teachers respond quickly to my queries. I could not be more happy with this district.

Teays Valley High School 3

Posted November 29, 2010
In general, I fell this school is doing ok, but I am disappointed with the overall effort. The teachers do not go out of their way to promote excellence. The curriculum is in a straight jacket, and is almost entirely geared toward achievement tests. Snow days added to the end of the year are a joke. My kid watches a lot of garbage movies in class. There is nothing "excellent" going on in that school

Posted October 31, 2010
Im not happy with this school, i moved here last year thinking, " This school is going be great " but unfortunately i was wrong. First off the grading policy is outragous, 91 is considered a B+!!! most schools around the country consider that an A or A-. I have never heard of a school with that kind of grading policy. This also the first school i've known that doesn't serve breakfest. Not all students have time to sit down and eat breakfest at home, like me for example. When i first came here it was a cultural shock to me, there was no diversity like my other school, at first it didn't matter to me, then afterwards i just felt uncomfortable. The strictness in this school is rediculous. Senior project is pointless, many parents, even schools are against them and dont' do them. Students have lives of their own!

Posted April 14, 2008

Posted June 13, 2007

Posted May 31, 2007
A very strong comprehensive high school with access to two career centers, as well as vocational agriculture and college prep, this school has a college attendance rate of 50%, 20% to four year traditional colleges, and a 97% graduation rate. A wide assortment of extracurricular activities. I can't say enough good about this district.

Teays Valley High School 4

Posted April 23, 2007
The academic programs offered are broad in range and I believe that the teacher attitude and quality are excellent. The music dept. and athletic programs are some of the best in the area. I think the only mistake that I made was not relocating here sooner than I did six years ago. The community a whole is a great place to live and raise a family.

Posted September 18, 2006
I am not to satisfied with the school. My student started in Teays Valley Schools. In the second grade he was ahead of is class and by the seven grade he was behind. So I had to send him to Sylvan's Learning Center. And after four thousand dollars he was back where he should be. In the seventh grade they have pre-algebra class so the students can take algebra in the eight grade. We received no information about this. We found out about it my accident. When we found out about it we had a meeting with a counselor. We had to insist on him being put into Algebra. Information is not very forth coming about honor class and other AP classes. You need to be pro-active with this district or your child will be left behind.

Posted September 01, 2003
I have two children inthe TVHS school system and am very pleased with the over all quality of their education. The teaching staff is terrific, very involved with th students, willing to give 100% to their classes. The school has recently undergone renovations, which provide even better learning conditions and sporting activites. There are no safety issues that I am concerned with, there have been no violence or related issues. I would also highly recommend TVHS for students with learning disabilites, I have found the teachers, principals and medically related personnel willing to go above and beyond to assist these students. I know my children are in a safe environment, with teachers I trust, learning a quality education that will prepare them for college.

Teays Valley High School
3887 State Route 752, Ashville, OH  43103
Last modified Teays Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Teays Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.