Bad
Good

They really look out for the students my granddaughters all 3 go there and they have had nothing but good to say about the schools they have been there since going to Ashville elem and all thur middle school and now high they are in advanced class's and do cheer and also play in the band they have also done track I think it is a very good school and they need more like this one

I couldn't be anymore disappointed with this school district. The administration won't do anything at all and if you threaten to go to the county they do anything to shut you up. They want to preserve their good name when it's no good to begin with. There are a few good teachers here but the others are extremely rude and unsympathetic to anyone. Students will not report bullying but they're more than happy to join in. The teachers do it too, and if your child is in special education get ready for a fight for them to learn anything more than 2+2 or how to spell their own name. Nothing gets done at this district they're so concerned with keeping a good name they have abandoned the school and the kids when there are clearly problems they need to address.

My daughter & I moved to this district her 7th grade year. She loves the environment & would not go to any other high school if she could. The curriculum is challenging & students are graded fairly, (no favoritism here...if a student earns an A, that is what they get; if they barely miss it, they know to work harder to earn it next grading period). The band program is top-notch! The instructors work to teach them about the value of hard work, responsibility, & accountability while having some fun along the way. My fianc & his son moved down here in January & the boy is thriving here as well. Both our children are honors students, as well as musicians & athletes, (she is in band, color guard, percussion ensemble, & choir; he is doing band, jazz band, percussion ensemble, football, & track). I am very pleased with the staff & administration at Teays Valley. I watch the kids' grades via jupitergrades &, if I have a question or concern, their teachers respond quickly to my queries. I could not be more happy with this district.

In general, I fell this school is doing ok, but I am disappointed with the overall effort. The teachers do not go out of their way to promote excellence. The curriculum is in a straight jacket, and is almost entirely geared toward achievement tests. Snow days added to the end of the year are a joke. My kid watches a lot of garbage movies in class. There is nothing "excellent" going on in that school

Im not happy with this school, i moved here last year thinking, " This school is going be great " but unfortunately i was wrong. First off the grading policy is outragous, 91 is considered a B+!!! most schools around the country consider that an A or A-. I have never heard of a school with that kind of grading policy. This also the first school i've known that doesn't serve breakfest. Not all students have time to sit down and eat breakfest at home, like me for example. When i first came here it was a cultural shock to me, there was no diversity like my other school, at first it didn't matter to me, then afterwards i just felt uncomfortable. The strictness in this school is rediculous. Senior project is pointless, many parents, even schools are against them and dont' do them. Students have lives of their own!

A very strong comprehensive high school with access to two career centers, as well as vocational agriculture and college prep, this school has a college attendance rate of 50%, 20% to four year traditional colleges, and a 97% graduation rate. A wide assortment of extracurricular activities. I can't say enough good about this district.

The academic programs offered are broad in range and I believe that the teacher attitude and quality are excellent. The music dept. and athletic programs are some of the best in the area. I think the only mistake that I made was not relocating here sooner than I did six years ago. The community a whole is a great place to live and raise a family.

Last modified Teays Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.