Beavercreek High School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
Beavercreek school district has excellent academic programs, but if you are an African American, you are overlooked. The secretaries at Trebein Elementary are uninviting, and always pretends they do not know me despite the fact the I am always there. I had a very hard time getting my children into honors classes when I moved to the district. I had to sign waivers to get them in. When it was time to transfer to the next grade level in honors classes, my kids were often not recommended despite the fact that they were making "A's" and "B's." I agree with the comments below...the schools lack diversity.There are no African Americans working for the Elementary or Middle schools. I have been to the high school on numerous occasions, and have only seen one African American who helps to direct traffic...not sure what his role is. Also, my children complains that there are often called racial names. Racial comments are rampant in the hallways, and the teachers pretends they don't hear it, or they just don't care. I think the school district has excellent academic programs, band programs, but wish I did not send my children to school here!!

Beavercreek High School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
The district prides itself on high standards and tests scores. The teachers my child has had this year have been marginal at best. Minimal communication with parents when child is obviously struggling. We were told at the beginning of the year that assignments would be posted on the teachers web pages--only one teacher was consistent with this all year. There is a lack of diversity of students, but even more surprising is their lack of diversity of their staff.

Beavercreek High School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
I agree with the most recent review. Every school, no matter where you go is going to have problems, classes that students don't like, and teachers that students don't like. I feel like some people just want to complain about almost everything. We all have to deal with things that we don't like. It's PART OF LIFE! But I guarantee you that there are quite a handful of very good teachers in our school district. In fact, a lot of teachers have been teaching in our district for 20 or more years which is a good thing because they must like being part of Beavercreek School District. I feel that our school has quite a bit of diversity mainly because of the air force base being nearby. I think our schools still continue to do pretty well despite the levy not passing. Our district has a very good special Ed program compared to a lot of other ones in the area. In fact, this year our OGT results are ranked in the top 50 in the state out of 610 school districts. I think the security guards in our school are very nice, but yet they still enforce the rules to make sure everyone is safe. I would recommend this school to people who like a large district setting and safe environment.

Posted July 12, 2013
This school is great. Every school has problems or a student here or there that felt that they have been wronged. Everyone has a teacher that does not teach to their style and they hated the class. Overall, the teachers are pushed to consistantly improve and reflect. Many of us are there all during the summer and get together to share and plan. Even with all the cuts, we are doing well and striving to do better. The comments below about race are ridiculous. We actually DO have several staff members of different ethnicities and surprise...surprise...even African American. If your child felt out of place they could have even spoken to an African American counselor or the Miss Beavercreek, also African American. Hey, we have a great security guard and several top athletes that are also academic leaders that are African American. This statement really hurt below and both appeared to be written by the same person. Again, BHS is top notch and many of our students go on to wonderful careers and make impressive contributions. Anyone moving to the area should have no hesitation about our schools.- A parent and teacher...

Beavercreek High School 3

Posted December 13, 2010
I graduated from Beavercreek and had an amazing experience overall; great upper-level teachers and a variety of extracurricular activities. A lot of parents were super-involved, so I wasn't surprised that my coaches and directors were never short of amazing. Most of the administrators were average at best though. They could be unorganized, and lack accountability on certain social issues while I attended. I also wondered how some the lower-level teachers were hired too. They seem to bat a blind-eye on certain issues in the classroom and lacked organization, which is DISTURBING. Overall, I was challenged academically, and my classmates were very competitive. I felt I was given many opportunities to succeed while I attended. If you are very motivated, or have supportive parents, this is the place for you. Otherwise, be very prepared.

Posted April 28, 2010
Beavercreek might be a great school if you are not African American and you want to feel as you don t exist. My son has had the most racial comments he has ever heard since he has been here. The teachers act as if they hear nothing and they don t do anything when they do. So, academically, this school might be great, however when it comes to African Americans they are left out. There has not been one teacher that has reached out to him, and he is a good student. I have talked with several African American students and they have the same comments. I don t think the school cares if he makes it or not. Do not send your child to this school it is not a good fit.

Posted March 18, 2010
In my oppinion, this school is great if your not African american. With a student percentage of 2% of African american's, I find that this school should have more African american students and staff. As a social worker, I had a client that attended this school and every time I attempted to visit my client, I was treated rudely and questioned to why I was there. Finally, the principal approcached me and told me that I could only come before and after school. So, academically, this school is great, however when it comes to African americans there is not much tolerance. I'm a parents of 2 girls and I would never allow my children to attend this school. I don't even think there are any African american staff at this school. As a social worker that has been in many school districts,this school lacks diversity.

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted December 29, 2009
i love beaverecreek schools the teacher's and staff really care about each and every student and there needs and making sure they are met.

Posted June 16, 2009

Beavercreek High School
2660 Dayton Xenia Rd, Beavercreek, OH  45434
Last modified Beavercreek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beavercreek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.