Posted September 10, 2012
Four of our five children attended McNick. This school is a wonderful example of Catholic education at it's best. Our own children were not only well prepared for the rigors of college but also offers strong fundamentals in Christian living. We attended single sex schools that we believed were second to none-until our oldest son attended McNick. The coed environment seems to have given our kids a greater sense of respect for the opposite sex. For girls, McNick provides a wonderful environment to succeed/exceed alongside boys-just like they will in adult life. Our kids each experienced great success (including one Summa Cum Laude ) in college-with McNick's excellent academic programs as a foundation. As well, this fine school helped us raise good Christian children who have become good Christian adults. Many Thanks to the faculty staff and parents that make this place work so very well.

Archbishop Mcnicholas High School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
Two of my children attended McNicholas. Strengths: strong emphasis on teaching Christian values, community service and religious service. Strong departments are languages, social studies, science, and religion. Good Advanced Placement choices. Excellent school band and band teacher. Mixed reviews for the counseling department and staff. A few were not tuned in to students problems and special needs. Not proactive about approaching parents. Watch out theater and choir lovers. These programs have been run for many years by the same small clique of teachers and staff members. Student perks in the theater and choir programs seemed very subjective to the prejudices of this staff. Certain students repeatedly received special treatment resulting from relationships with the teachers and staff or their parents relationships with staff members. Other more talented, harder-working students were repeatedly and inexplicably passed over for choice roles and performances in the plays and concerts.

Posted December 14, 2008
I graduated from McNicholas High School in 2008. McNick provides each student with an incredibly supportive environment in which to develop themselves intellectually, spiritually, and socially. I am currently attending college on a full ride for merit achievements and am in two very competitive college programs. I entered college with sophomore status through the AP credit I earned at McNicholas. I attribute most of my success to the caring McNicholas community and am confident that I would not be given the same opportunities had I gone to a different high school. Throughout my time at McNicholas, I was surrounded by exceptional teachers who were dedicated to the success of each individual student. I was encouraged to grow spiritually by open-minded peers and well-informed teachers. I was guided to develop myself in many different ways through a variety of extracurricular activities. McNicholas High School is an excellent school that is constantly improving.

Posted October 27, 2008
I have two children who graduated from McNicholas. It was a great environment for them, academically, socially and spiritually. Both of them received scholarships. My son was accepted into DAAP at UC which by the way has about 12 McNicholas alums currently in it. My daughter is going to be a teacher, is number one in her class and has received numerous job offers. My son in law is number 1 in his major of accounting and has cooped at American Finacial and was offered a job there when he graduates. Both od my kids were athletes and played for school teams and the service program is one of the best in city. Also the retreat program offers kairos, an Appalachian service retreat and an urban plunge experience. As a parent I also wanted to send my kids to a coed school because we live in a coed world.

Archbishop Mcnicholas High School 2

Posted October 21, 2008
My Daughter went to Archbishop McNicholas for two years. I noticed from the beginning that the expectations that the faculty places on the students at McNicholas are very low. My daughter was not being challenged and the atmosphere was very unprofessional. I feared my daughter would not be prepared for college. I knew she could do so much more than the work the teachers were giving my daughter. I made efforts to let the faculty know of this problem, but they did very little. My Daughter now attends Saint Ursula Academy and is being challenged so much more than what she was at McNicholas. I would recommend McNicholas over the public schools of the area though.

Posted October 03, 2008
As a member of the Class of 2008, I feel that a student/alumnus such as myself has a more credible opinion rather than an adult. McNicholas High School is one of the best academic, social, and ethical high schools in Cincinnati. The education is BY FAR BETTER than the public schools such as Turpin and Anderson. Just look at the fact that 97% of my classmates are in college right now. Students also take part in discussing religion and its role in their life. Trust the student point of view, because the student went to McNicholas High School and the parent did not.

Archbishop Mcnicholas High School 1

Posted September 16, 2008
The staff seems disinterested in the individual student, and focuses on the appearance of success for the masses. The education is no better than the public schools in the area (Turpin and Anderson). Although the school prides itself in Catholicism and good values, the majority of the students are flippant and stunningly ignorant in matters of philosophy and theology.

Posted May 25, 2008
Our daughter is getting ready to graduate from McNick and our son will be coming in as a freshman in the fall. Our daughter received an excellent education and I expect our son to receive an excellent education as well.

Archbishop Mcnicholas High School 1

Posted March 09, 2008

Posted February 01, 2008
Excellent High school for a child looking for a well rounded education. Not stuffy or 'cliquish' as many of the larger single sexed GCL schools are. Children learn the values of acedemics, sports, extracuricular, religion, etc in a well-balanced manner, while also learning how to interact with other cultures and how to deal with treating the sexes as equals.(once again, unlike the single sexed larger GCL schools.)

Archbishop Mcnicholas High School
6536 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, OH  45230
Last modified Archbishop Mcnicholas High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Mcnicholas High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.