Bad
Good

Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy 4

Posted February 04, 2015
This is my son first year at Riverside Academy and I am very impressed with the curriculum. I feel my child is being challenge because he is capable. I only had problem with communication with one teacher and hopefully that will continue to improve. The school is preparing the children for all the standardized tests and will be doing reading tutoring after school 3 days a week. My friend recently enrolled her daughter and she has no complaints.

Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy 1

Posted December 04, 2014
It's all about money for the private management company and nothing for the students and their teachers. A travesty.

Posted February 24, 2014
I am proud to announce that Riverside has added a specialized Math and English tutor on staff who will be working with children who need a little extra help in these areas! It is great to see that Riverside is so invested in these childrens educational future!

Posted October 28, 2013
I love this school. My son has went here from k - 2nd now and i plan to keep him here and send my daughter here next year as well. Things i like are, there is good communication between parents, teachers, and students.He gets a behavior paper sent home every day that lets me know how he was at school that day, there is no question at the end of the day about whether he was good or not , the paper tells me. i like the amount of school work he receives,it is appropriate for his age. I like the activities he tells me about that he participates in at school. He never has anything bad to say about stuff that goes on there, and when he did get a bump at school one time he got a note sent home that day so there was no question in my mind what had happened. I feel that the school works well with my son and his ADHD . There are plenty of people there like O T and speech therapists that help him cope with having ADHD. They take special note of his allergies and are always helpful regarding his issues. His school seems very safe to me with it's two police officers and things my son tells me about . I am glad I chose this school to have him go to. It is meeting his needs perfectly.

Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy 1

Posted April 18, 2011
I have child attending there who came home from school with a black eye. Instead of the parents getting called in the girl who attacked her was not punished. So now she is continuing to get bullied by more then one girl and nothing is being done about it. The principals should not be there cause they just don't care. Quite frankly they shouldn't be allowed to be a prinipal at any school.

Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy

Posted March 12, 2010
The school is slowly falling apart. My children will not be attending this school anymore. I don't blame the teachers.....I believe their leadership/principal should not be there.

Posted March 29, 2005
Riverside Academy has an excellent approach to expected school behavior. Just as important as learning, they focus on expected behavior. Using the CHAMPs program, each classroom reviews expectations before beginning a new lesson, going to gym or lunch, walking in the hallway, etc. It keeps the kids in line and classroom management seems tight, especially K-4. The curriculum is intense and focuses on state standards and the proficiency testing all year long. The teachers are dedicated to giving any extra help to the students that they can. I do feel the school should implement a music program and have more extracurricular activities, but what they do provide for the children is excellent. Dr. Conners has done an amazing job with the building, programs and staff in the three years he's been principal. The students adore him too. I am very proud to be a part of this community.

Posted August 22, 2003
For our family, Riverside has so far been excellent. We have a 2nd grader. Focus is where it should be, on learning. However, I do wish there was a music department. But they do provide the students with excellent computer and art classes.

Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy
3280 River Rd, Cincinnati, OH  45204
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. (513) 921-7777 x112
Last modified Learn it Preschool/ Riverside Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.