K-8|Private

Bad
Good

In our careful search for a school to send our children, we found Our Lady of Lourdes. I am not from Cincinnati, but my wife was familiar with schools in the area. There are many good schools on the west side of Cincinnati and we visited most of them. We wanted our children to attend a school where they could receive an excellent education, and a school that could assist us in teaching our children our faith. After attending a few masses at Lourdes and meeting with some of the 25 to 30 year veteran teachers at Lourdes, we decided this was the community and school for our family. We have been a part of Lourdes for 6 years now and the teachers our children have had are deeply passionate and completely dedicated to the success of the children at Lourdes. Yes, Lourdes has had some changes, with the Pastor moving to the seminary and a recent change in the principal position. But, the wonderful core of this school and the community that surrounds it, remains the same, very active. The teachers, students and parents are very excited for the good things to come this year. I look back on our decision 6 years ago, and it truly was a life changing moment and our children have been fortunate to grow up in such an environment. In a smaller school, with the advantage of smaller classes (so veteran teachers can provide more attention to the students). An environment where everyone from the Priest to the faculty of the school, is passionate about the faith, teaching the faith, teaching faith values, and the success of our children academically. As a parent, what more could you ask for? As for our family, this parish community has become our home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The development of a child is not the sole responsibility of the teacher, however, the teachers at Lourdes are faithful Catholic Christians. They are genuinely interested in the development of all children and are very diligent in teaching the Catholic faith, the teachings of Christ, and Christian values. They want all the students to be respectful of others, responsible for their actions and decisions, and will use creative ways to reinforce these points.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can only answer this question base on what I have seen with my own children. They have learned great study skills, take notes, keep a planner, make note cards in studying for tests, have excelled in many subjects, and they can write in cursive (which I was shocked to hear most school are moving away from teaching). My children do very well in school and know they are responsible for keeping a planner in order and up to date. I did not teach them any of these skills. I would say the teachers of my children have had over the years, are very effective teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

There were times over the last 6 years, where during a particular school year, I would think it was a bit much or too little during a stretch. But, in the end I think it has very balanced and the right amount. It has always been manageable and our children have time to be kids.

Our Lady of Lourdes school is welcoming and emerging once again as the leading school in academic excellence on the westside. High standards for behavior as well as for students and staff. Am proud to be an alumni.

Our family loves Our Lady of Lourdes. We have two children who currently attend this school and highly recommend it. The teachers are very caring and go the extra mile to give the children what they need to succeed. We also have a strong parish community. It is in a great location and has before and after-care available for a very affordable price. We also have many extra-curricular activities that my children love.

A once great, solid school now in sad decline. High teacher turnover and a new secretary has made this year chaotic. The principal is not a skilled leader. Teachers are not top of the line. Children are not being reined in and are allowed to get away with too much.

WOW, after two years in this school I think I'm as glad to be going as my child. Teachers have always been less then helpful, classroom work seems at least a year behind schools where friends children are. Guess could look over these things if my kid was going for free or even a reduced rate, but full price no thinks. I'm sure there is a voucher for my kids spot waiting. Such a shame for a once great school..... Oh and my family has gone there for generations so know a thing or two about the school

Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades K-8