Cleveland, OH

St. Leo the Great Elementary School 5

Posted June 28, 2014
St.Leo the Great School is a very positive environment that doesn't get nearly enough credit. I went to school there for many years, and I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't gone there. Students get pushed to be their best, and teachers are supportive and caring. This school is incredibly underrated.

Posted April 27, 2014
This school has racial issues and clearly lacks the understandind of cultural diversity amongthe teachers. The principal turns the other cheek when problems arise and would rather hope that the situation blows over rather than addressing the matter. The teachers in this school would be fired if they were teaching in the public school system with the actions they display.

Posted February 07, 2013
My daughter attends St.Leo and all I can say is that I am saddened by the lack of privacy...walking in to the school for a book fair after attending the pancake breakfast that kicked off 'Catholic School Week" and the Tuition officer/lady yelling as you walk by, Did you sign your voucher check" which by the waywas the same day welcoming NEW kindergarten registration....if I would have walked out....attendence is low I wonder why? Do they? PTC all I can say is Wow, watch out out they are NOT welcoming nor are they inviting although they claim they want the new parents invovled this is just not the case. If you like drama, gossip and cold unwelcoming enviornmet then you have come to the right place. They cannot even get many parents to come to the meeting again I would ask why? Teachers although I have not had a problem until this year...every student has thier own rule book... Good luck...thinking of leaving... The PTC, what a

Posted January 28, 2012
This school weighs a test with the same value as a homework assignment ex: If you take a test worth 100 pts and receive an "A" and then do a homework assignment worth 5 pts and receive an "F" then your grade average is a "C". Not a good idea. If you are not in the "Click" at this school forget about it. If you want drama be a part of the PTU, gossip, gossip, gossip. The older members want to hold onto positions like its the presendential race. They are not open to new ideas however pretend to ask for help...Trust me they dont want help from anyone.

St. Leo the Great Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2010
All of my children have attended Leo's and we still have one daughter there.We are proud of their success and are very grateful for the care and attention received from all of the teachers, as well as the principal. I find that those who complain the most are the ones who don't get their way. Education is what you make of it. Start showing support to those people who make a difference in your child's life. Chances are your problems will follow you at a new school. We are very pleased with St. Leo's and recommend it to all.

St. Leo the Great Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2009
The principal is not handling discipline problems effectively. The students are not being taught everything they need to know. My children were behind when we transferred to a new school. Don't waste your money!!

Posted September 16, 2009
plain disappointing. principal and/or staff does not respond to reasonable requests (i.e request for school records). definately not worth the tuition.

Posted January 27, 2009
I have read the above comments. My son is on his 2nd year ( 4th grade here) and I am not impressed with the value of education he is receiving , or the treatment towards parents that have vouchers. I feel as if I am back in Highschool with the drama and the issues with money ( fundraisers, funds, mass participation) they treat the parents as we are the children as well...no respect. VERY unprofessional. I do so believe that GOD see's all, I just keep praying.

St. Leo the Great Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2008
My child will be starting her third year here. I would agree on the hidden costs above what the outrageous tuition is already. This is her last year there and I will be finding a home outside of Cleveland. For as much as everyone pays for tuition-almost $4000 per child, there is no need for the $3000 in gift certs which you have to pay $300 if you dont sell, along with Pick 40, etc. Overall it is an ok school since there isn't many other choices for Cleveland in that area.

Posted March 17, 2008
This school is very cocky, go along with what ever we say with no questions asked or (parents may be invited to place thier child or children in another school) that is right off the registration agreement paragraph 1. and now they are making families buy $3000.00 in certificates, above $3925 in tuition, they claim that it dosnt cost you anything to participate, but it dose how many people pay for everything with credit cards that give cash back or earn credit for college, now u have to use thier certificates or pay them $300.00cash, that dose cost you, first there was the pick40 and now certificates when will the greed ever end, i think they should stop lying about not having airconditioning if u look upon the roof there is one above every classroom just to cheap to use it let the children sweat because its all about the money.

St. Leo the Great Elementary School
4900 Broadview Rd, Cleveland, OH  44109
Last modified St. Leo the Great Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Leo the Great Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top