Whitney Young School 1

Posted February 24, 2013
Yes, WMY is a gifted and talented school but since they've added 2nd-5th to the mix, I feel that it doesnt give the REAL high school experience. I'm in 8th grade and have been here since 6th so I've been observing the high school area for a while and I definitely would NOT consider going here. Its not a real high school. Just a bunch of grades in 2 buildings. The students are nice for the most part but there are cliques and mean girls that I really hate. But I guess that's in every school. Ms. Scharf is the funniest and best teacher you will ever have! She's the main reason why I wanna stay! WMY is def overrated. They also don't assist you in your career choice. Like I said, we're a Gifted And Talented/Honors school but if what they're teaching me won't help me in my career choice, then why am I there?

Posted February 06, 2010
This is a very good school. the teachers are there to help, and the students are nice i am an eigth grader and ive been at this school since 6th grade. this school is overrated alot of times. but it is a good school. for high school it is not as good because there is not much college prep or extracurricular activities.and because of the middle/high school i feel it is not a real high school experience. even though i am not in high school yet. and the school needs alot of physical work, that needs to be renovated like walls and bathrooms, tiles are falling of the ceiling and because everyone thinks this school is so great, they forget that it INDEED needs alittle more work : ) and the principal is very good at her job. and makes wise decisions for us. she is Mrs. Karen-Byron-Johnson !

Posted November 17, 2009
WMY is a great school! I am a current student and compared to my friends that don't attend WMY - I'm WAY smarter than them and I'm glad I'm at the school I'm at. But as far as my principal Mrs. KAREN BYRON-JOHNSON, she is NOT a good principal at all! She doesn't take the time to listen to what anyone has to say not even some of the parents. But if you're looking for a REAL highschool then wmy isn't the place for you. We rarely have any school dances or any other fun things that regular highschools do.

Posted April 23, 2009

Whitney Young School 1

Posted September 24, 2008
I'm a freshman in college and I have attended Whitney Young from 6th to 12th grade. Academically, it seems as if the students not only lack motivation, but they are below par. They don't prepare you for the real world, there are no real consequences for your actions, and they don't do enough to involve students that are not interested in the very few activities they have. There's too much yelling in the classroom going on, and not enough teaching. Many of the teachers are developing an indifferent attitude, which is reflected with the grades of the students. I would never recommend anyone to go here, ever. You'd be better off at another public school or in PSEOP.

Whitney Young School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
This is a great school. My daughter has been there now for 3 years and she has come a long way form where she was. I appreciate the fact they acknowledge students with good grades and give them opportunities to get better. I hope that my daughter continues to grow while attending Whitney Young so before she goes to college she can already know what to expect.

Whitney Young School 3

Posted August 20, 2008
I'm currently attending whitney young for ninth grade i been at this school since my sixth grade (2005-2006)school year and to me the teachers at the school dont teach to everyone level they teach at one level not foucing on all the students needs and help problems. Another thing is they do not have act. For everyone because of the school been 6-12 they dont let the kids out of the building to go on trips or etc. The principal mrs.Karen byron-johnson dont allow the staff and kids to do alot of thing such eighth grade junior prom, high school homecoming, etc. So to me i think that the staff of the school and cmsd need to make the school either all gifted and talented middle school(6-8) or high school(9-12) so the students in middle and high school can get the same treatment as the other student in the other ms/hs.

Posted July 21, 2008
this is the best shcool i ever went to

Posted July 02, 2008

Posted June 25, 2008

Whitney Young School
17900 Harvard Ave, Cleveland, OH  44128
Last modified Whitney Young School is a Public school that serves grades 2-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitney Young School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.