Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 20, 2015
Victoria King, Principal of Douglas MacArthur is a hands on Principal. During any day of the week you will see her all over the school. From the breakfast room to helping to get children on the correct school bus, you will see Mrs. King working along side the teachers and staff. I would like to thank Mrs. King for coming to Douglas MacArthur. She maintains a professional, caring and enthusiastic staff, keeps an orderly school and is very kind, caring and approachable to parents, students and staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 20, 2015
Most of the teachers at DMGLA have Master's Degees. They are extremely dedicated individuals. They not only teach the class, but they work with each student at their own level. The Third graders and fourth graders for limited classes use The American Girl Curriculum. So, while reading about an American Girl doll, the girls are learning about another country, era and lifestyle. These teachers make learning fun, which makes what the girls learn more memorable. I feel it is a privilege for any girl to be able to attend DMGLA! This is not any Cleveland Metropolitan School. This is Douglas MacArthur Girls Leadership Academy!

Posted October 20, 2015
I love this school! I went to Westlake Schools and graduated from Westlake High School. I never thought a Cleveland Metropolitan School could be as good as any School in Westlake. I was so wrong! DMGLA is a wonderful school, starting with Pre-K to 8th grade. The teachers are so dedicated to making our girls successful, strong leaders, great students, good individuals and caring young ladies. The older students partner with younger girls to assist them with daily activities and learning skills. Being at the same school for years lets the Principal and staff really get to know the girls to identify learning issues and to get them the help they need. School systems that move kids every couple of grades miss the advantages to having a building where every teacher not only knows the children, but their families, too! Great School!

Posted November 23, 2014
Diverse and engaged girls and families. Respect the administration, admire the faculty, thankful for the staff. My daughter has excelled here and I am grateful for that school's community of people.

Douglas Macarthur 4

Posted September 08, 2014
This is my daughter's first year attending this school and all I can say is WOW!!! She absolutely loves her teacher and classmates. She feels safe and I can finally have a piece of mind knowing so, I wish I would've transferred her last year instead of giving the other school a second chance, she was constantly bullied and her teacher then was there more for her pay then on her students!!! Keep up the great job guys!!!!

Posted April 17, 2014
Strives for excellence and is genuinely invested in the students well being and their education.

Posted August 02, 2010
My daughter has been attending DMGLA since she was in the third grade now going into fifth I can't tell you how much my daughter has grown up and has really learned alot. this is a wonderful school and I wish I was little again I would go there. GOOD JOB Teachers!

Posted April 14, 2010
I am a parent of five and my children range in age from 8-20 years. My children have attended both public and private schools, and by far Douglas MacArthur exceeds all the schools public and private in every manner. I was referred to this school by my coworker and am so grateful. My daughter has attended this school for three years now and loves every minute of it. The curriculum is of high standards and so is the staff. This is definately a five star school and should have other schools modeled after them.

Posted August 12, 2009
Great school!!!!!! Awesome teachers!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 21, 2008
Awesome School and those who work there are wonderful

4401 Valleyside Rd, Cleveland, OH  44135
Last modified Douglas Macarthur is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.