Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of the teachers at DMGLA have Master's Degees. They are extremely dedicated individuals. They not only teach the class, but they work with each student at their own level. The Third graders and fourth graders for limited classes use The American Girl Curriculum. So, while reading about an American Girl doll, the girls are learning about another country, era and lifestyle. These teachers make learning fun, which makes what the girls learn more memorable. I feel it is a privilege for any girl to be able to attend DMGLA! This is not any Cleveland Metropolitan School. This is Douglas MacArthur Girls Leadership Academy!

I love this school! I went to Westlake Schools and graduated from Westlake High School. I never thought a Cleveland Metropolitan School could be as good as any School in Westlake. I was so wrong! DMGLA is a wonderful school, starting with Pre-K to 8th grade. The teachers are so dedicated to making our girls successful, strong leaders, great students, good individuals and caring young ladies. The older students partner with younger girls to assist them with daily activities and learning skills. Being at the same school for years lets the Principal and staff really get to know the girls to identify learning issues and to get them the help they need. School systems that move kids every couple of grades miss the advantages to having a building where every teacher not only knows the children, but their families, too! Great School!

Diverse and engaged girls and families. Respect the administration, admire the faculty, thankful for the staff. My daughter has excelled here and I am grateful for that school's community of people.

This is my daughter's first year attending this school and all I can say is WOW!!! She absolutely loves her teacher and classmates. She feels safe and I can finally have a piece of mind knowing so, I wish I would've transferred her last year instead of giving the other school a second chance, she was constantly bullied and her teacher then was there more for her pay then on her students!!! Keep up the great job guys!!!!

Strives for excellence and is genuinely invested in the students well being and their education.

My daughter has been attending DMGLA since she was in the third grade now going into fifth I can't tell you how much my daughter has grown up and has really learned alot. this is a wonderful school and I wish I was little again I would go there. GOOD JOB Teachers!

I am a parent of five and my children range in age from 8-20 years. My children have attended both public and private schools, and by far Douglas MacArthur exceeds all the schools public and private in every manner. I was referred to this school by my coworker and am so grateful. My daughter has attended this school for three years now and loves every minute of it. The curriculum is of high standards and so is the staff. This is definately a five star school and should have other schools modeled after them.

Great school!!!!!! Awesome teachers!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome School and those who work there are wonderful

My daughter has attended Douglas Macarthur Girls Leadership Academy since its first year (2007/2008). I can not recommend this school highly enough. The staff is wonderful. They are friendly and caring and the best in their fields. The girls excel at all levels. The have a fantastic academic program as well as wonderful citizenship incentives and even weekly etiquette lessons. If you're looking for a school that will help your daughter grow in confidence and leadership as well as academically this is the place!

Last modified Douglas Macarthur is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.