Posted August 02, 2013
Excellent teachers. My son transfered to St Matthias because of teachers not teaching at another Columbus Catholic school. St. Matthias has the best teachers who care and really enjoy teaching. My son is also being challenged to another level when they discovered that he was bored. Also the Principal is very active and structured. Our children are getting a great education.

St Matthias School 1

Posted April 08, 2010
I would reccommend this school to anyone who likes to fell excluded, likes to be bullied and likes to be picked on because of their religion. The teachers only pay attention to the catholics and the librarians wouldnt let my 4th grade daughter check out A Nancy Drew book! One of the girls in the classroom had all the girls gang up on my daughter and they all picked on her. The principal only dealt with issues that concerned money. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!!!!!!! IM WANING YOU! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!!

Posted July 18, 2009

Posted August 25, 2008
The faculty and staff at St. Matthias are absolutely the best. I have a 5th grader and one in Kindergarten and both my husband and I love the school. Father Smith and Sister Marie are involved with the school and are there every morning greeting the kids with a smile. Not only do they get a great education they get great volunteers for sports!

Posted July 28, 2008
it was a difficuly decision to leave the comfort zone of our sons old school but we knew he was not being challenged. Our switch to St. Matthias has been wonderful. From the first day we visited and were greeted by Mrs. Riether right down to the friendliness of each and every staff member it was a win-win for our family. Mr. Kinley, Mrs. Riether and all of the teachers are the best as far as we are concerned!

Posted June 03, 2008
I would recomend this school to anyone who values a GREAT education and a fun safe environment. I am a new parent at the school but have been a member of the church for several years and I am simply amazed at what my kindergarden son has learned this year. Being a teacher myself I can see the differences between the public school education and St. Matthias! I also love the fact that the school encourages parent volunteers. It is a blessing to be able to spend more timewith my son in my hectic life. I was able to coach soccer and baseball which is offered to the younger grade levels along with basketball and football. It is so nice that the children can begin to learn team play at such a young age. There is nothing about the school I don't like! If you want the best you found it.

Posted January 31, 2007
As a prior student and current parent of this establishment, I hold it in the highest regard. St. Matthias does a wonderful job preparing the children for life with a perfect balance of education while helping to providing a solid moral foundation. St. Matthias is located directly next door to DeSales High School and there are many activities that benefit the children because of the outstanding relationship that is maintained between the two schools. St. Matthias has little to no turn over within their staff. With nearly 30 years of some type of interaction at the school personally as a student, parent or coach, I have had the pleasure to meet and or establish some type of relationship with most of them. They are all top of the line. In closing, I would recommend this fine school to any who may have the opportunity to attend.

Posted January 11, 2007
The faculty and staff at St. Matthias are absolutely the best. They work very hard to make sure each student in the school receives what they need to succeed. The reading program is excellent. The teachers work well as a team and the principal knows all the students by name. Father Smith and Sister Marie are involved in the school and truly give the students a 'Catholic Education.' Sports are available starting in 4th grade. Instrumental music instruction starts in 5th grade. Parents are invited to participate in all levels of their children's education.

St Matthias School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
I am very pleased with the academics of St Matthias. It was a challenge for our daughter when she transferred to this school from another local catholic school, however, she has recevied the help she has needed. Mr Kinley does a very good job operating this school and seems to be well respected by the staff.

St Matthias School