Posted August 27, 2014
Two of my children graduated from ECOT in 2008 and 2009 and we have enrolled our five-year-old in kindergarten this year. The teachers were alway quick to respond, helpful, and offered much encouragement. My son continued to college and was on the Dean's List each semester, which is a testament to ECOT's educational curriculum that prepared him for his successful transition. ECOT isn't for everyone though. If you have a child who isn't willing to put the time into his or her studies, they're not going to succeed with a homeschool program, regardless if it's at ECOT or any other homeschooling program offered online. ECOT offers all the right tools, excellent teachers, live sessions, and great learning programs, but they can't force a child to attend or learn. That needs to come from responsible students and parents.

Posted May 10, 2014
If your thinking about signing up for ECOT RUN!, Please just RUN!. If you want to go to a real school go to Connections Academy or Ohio Virtual Academy please. I started ECOT in 2012 at the time i thought it was great, Free Internet, Nice teachers... Guess again i enrolled in OHVA (Im a student at OHVA now) and when OHVA sent for my transcripts they (ECOT) said i wasnt even a student there. Well i if i wasnt a student there then why was i able to log in with my name and everything? Spent over a duration of 3 months trying to get my credits and transcripts so i can graduate. So after i think the 3rd month or so I got a call from ECOT Truancy dept. saying that i havent been logging into class and there going to be sending a truancy officer to my house? So they said i wasnt a student remember but yet im under truant. Ok so i called ECOT and told them about it and then the lady had the nerve to tell me ( Well you should have informed us of your dis-enrollment) WHAT! I was furious about that. One one thing if you read this and still want to join be warned!! When you send the equipment back they like to misplace it and tell you you ow 400$ for the equipment. But yet you have a receipt.

Posted April 14, 2014
Horrible. If you want a REAL online school program, CONNECTIONS ACADEMY IS THE ONE to go with... or K12 Ohio Virtual Academy.

Posted March 10, 2014
Absolutely worst school or home school experience I've ever had. I'm going to fail this school year (in which I was suppose to graduate) because of their lack of proffessionalism. Even when trying to enroll Id be on hold for an hour or more. After I finally enrolled and got my computer they scheduled me for a bunch of classes I didn't need and even scheduled me for a semester class for the first semester wen there was only a few weeks unt it was over!! I called daily for two months because I had issues navigating and I needed to switch classes. And when I say daily I mean DAILY. Even when they just opened for the day. All of the times I called not once did they answer. I didn't even get put on hold to wait for someone, I just got an automatic message saying they had high call volume, to call later, then it was hung up. I have two other friends that failed due to this school. It's sickening, I'm a soon to be mother and now I have to try graduating next year while tending to a newborn and with a job. Shame on these people.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love the fact of how helpful everyone is and they want your child to succeed.

Posted May 26, 2013
I love this school. I have two children one has graduated in 2012, and the other one has been going for three years getting ready for fourth grade. I love the flexibility of this school the teachers are very understanding of what ever is going on in your life. I love how they are teaching the children how to use the computer and the technology that our children will be using in the future.I like how they give the children the whole quarter to get there homework done. (We don't wait to do homework it is done at the beginning of the week so the rest of the week is free only thing that is left to do is to log in when they need to for each class at the time they are told to from each teacher.) They also have field trips all over Ohio like Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Toledo zoo.The Wilds, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. They also go bowling. COSI, and many others. I can say that I don't know why all schools do not go this way of education. They just make things easier not a lot of homework either. Yes there is some computer problems but they don't count it against your child They just don't have class that day for the class you can not get into.

Posted January 17, 2013
We had all sorts of issues with this school. The server was down a number of times. If the teacher was ill sometimes they would have a pre recorded class, but usually there was no class at all. I took my child out after a very short period of time. If you are looking for an online school for your child I recommend OHVA.

Posted January 09, 2013
ECOT is A great alternative to traditional public schools. The teachers are very good, they are easy to contact and always answer requests quickly. The students can work at their own pace and all the classes are recorded so they can view any time. My son did so well that he may actually graduate early.

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow 4

Posted September 27, 2012
Much better than spending 7 hours a day on the same curriculum as a brick and mortar 'school'. ECOT is fully accredited. Some classes are easier than other, just like in every school. Very satisfied with teacher participation and involvement. I would recommend ECOT and OHVA very strongly to anyone looking for an alternative to so-called 'traditional schools'

Posted March 30, 2012
My son loves this school. He was enrolled in another online school which is very popular. They other school was horrible. He has excelled so much since he has been here. He loves his teachers and loves participating in the elluminate session. Yes you can do the school work on your time. You have to participate in elluminate and my child loves it. I dont understand why some of you are rating it bad because of the elluminate sessions. the session actually help your child excell.

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow
3700 South High St, Columbus, OH  43207
Last modified Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews.