Public charter
Columbus, OH
Students enrolled: 12,000

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow 5

Posted July 20, 2015
Two of my children graduated from ECOT in 2008 and 2009 and we enrolled our youngest child in kindergarten this year. The teachers were always quick to respond, helpful, and offered much encouragement. My son continued to college and was on the Dean's List each semester, which is a testament to ECOT's educational curriculum that prepared him for his successful transition. ECOT isn't for everyone though. If you have a child who isn't willing to put the time into his or her studies, they're not going to succeed with a home-school program, regardless if it's at ECOT or any other homeschooling program offered online. ECOT offers all the right tools, excellent teachers, live sessions, and great learning programs, but they can't force a child to attend or learn. That needs to come from responsible students and parents.

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow 3

Posted July 09, 2015
Ecot isn't for everyone. I personally struggle with finding the motivation to keep going with this school, because at times, it's a total joke. Last time I checked, there are over 10,000 students enrolled in Ecot. That being said, teachers don't have the time to really help you understand the topics they teach. You can attend live session, but other than that, you're on your own. Ecot is a success for some people. It works for me only because I have serious medical condition, to where I can't go to a school everyday. My local school is also not somewhere I want to attend. I've been an Ecot student since the 8th grade, and am now entering my sophomore year. Ecot is honestly what you can make of it. If you fall behind in your classes, it's nearly impossible to catch up. It's more so about getting all of your testing and work assignments done, over truly learning and understanding the content you're being taught.

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 09, 2015
The teachers have so many students, to the point where they don't have time for one-on-one time with you as a student. I've been with Ecot since 8th grade, and am now entering my sophomore year, and my grades have dropped drastically. You have no motivation to keep going. Once you fall behind in your classes, it's nearly impossible to catch up. Ecot is really all about getting your work in, over the quality of learning. I have no choice but to go to Ecot, because my local public school is really a total joke. Ecot has it's benefits, but sometimes the benefits aren't worth all of the prices you have to pay.

Posted March 26, 2015
They no longer have live sessions anymore, which I think is completely ridiculous considering everyone learns differently. Instead of live sessions, we are forced to read the reading pages (that are very confusing and not at all helpful for calculus), and if we have any questions we must attended help sessions. The problem being, I am a slow reader, and half the time i don't know what i don't know. So how am i suppose to ask for help when i'm still trying to figure out what i need help with? The "help" videos are the lest helpful videos i've come across, and have actually had to resort to learning everything through youtube and khan academy. Basically, i've been teaching myself. This is essentially what ECOT has become, and self-study school. This is NOT what i signed up for, and to be frank, i am furious. I need teachers to actually help me, not just grade my assignments and never answer my calls. If it weren't bad enough that we no longer get live teaching sessions, the teachers office hours are super short, and 90% of the time they don't answer. Please love yourself, and your children and DO NOT enroll (them) into this school. It's absolutely terrible.

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow 5

Posted March 17, 2015
I graduate this year from Ecot and I am so happy with this school! Best teachers around who care and there is no way to not succeed at Ecot, unless you are a lazy procrastinator! The live teaching sessions are the best!! I went to a D rated public, traditional school and the teachers did not want to teach!! Homework never gets lost because it is saved on your computer!! Anyone who doesn't love Ecot is crazy!! Jordan

Posted March 03, 2015
I have anxiety to the point where i cannot leave my house. I am a senior and i did ecot (again) so i dont have to leave, i keep asking for someone to come to my house to monitor me taking my ogt, and no. this lady on the phone said its "too late" when i dont test until the 27th, i think. she also said i am just not going to graduate. i got lucky and my teachers are good, but ecot fails to educate. honestly i learned more when i called to get my scanner fixed than when i sit down and do my work. Dont send your child here, if you want to do an online school program please find somewhere else.

Posted October 08, 2014
This is my first year here and I hate it! The staff are rude and heartless, I am in the 9th grade and a honors student, graduated top of my school at my old school and when I go here they gave me my computer and internet for it late so I started on weel 3 which also Truant officers called me almost daily, then my teachers say I have to make all that work up with no help by the end of the day, then Mr. Noble is just horrible, he called here and barried me so much to the point of me crying and he has done it to my friends too, also the work I turn in and they gave me a F, I showed multiple teachers I know and they said they was A's and B's papers, and also the servers are always down, also whwn I turn work in they lose it they say, look at me honors student now falsely blamed for not doing work and not being on which my Mom watches me so she will agree with me also they don't help, my friend gets help everytime she ask but if I ask same question they ignore it, I am warning you do not join ECOT, mit will ruin your school career

Posted October 04, 2014
Exhausting. Condescending school officials. Trying to navigate through the phone system is a circus in and of itself. Then no one seems to know the answers and will just pass the buck continuously. Actually had one of the schools officials tell me that all of my problems with the school were my fault..he even went on to tell me that his own child is a student of ECOT and that his wife was having problems also but that it was her fault because she was "not tech savvy" in his words. Also had a teacher hang up on me when I was trying to understand her grading system in the curriculum. All after attempting to reach her seven times via email and five times to voice mail over a two-week period. This school has no sense of accountability or organization. It's more stressful on the students then any problems that could arise in public schooling. Stick to brick-and-mortar.

Posted October 02, 2014
In the four years my daughter has been going to the school we have had the police show up at our house unwarranted, we have had police go to different schools to extract my daughter (who is in THEIR classes daily!) and different counties unwarranted. ECOT has been the catalyst for my daughter being put on Prozac. We've had computers sent to wrong addresses, we've had weeks and weeks worth of schoolwork come up missing and nobody could give us answers so she had to redo it ALL. My daughter's a straight A student and this has been nothing but a problem. They answer to no one; not the Board of Education there is no superior there is no superintendent it goes only as high as the Principal-WHO DOES NOT CARE! My daughter is an excellent student and this has been the worst experience ever!!! I've called Channel 4 Investigates and 6 on your side. And I will pursue it. ECOT: the new pipeline to prison. The actual Great Schools rating gives ECOT 1 out of 5. I only gave it a 1 because zero wasn't an option.

Posted September 08, 2014
Worst online school I have ever dealt with. Can't get a hold of anyone without waiting on hold at least 45 min. Very unorganized, and we had problem after problem after problem. My daughter is usually an A student but using Ecot for only one year, she barely passed! We enrolled her this year in public school and now Ecot is telling me they aren't able to get around to sending her transcripts to the new school for 3 more weeks! Without transcripts, schools can't enroll. So basically for 3 weeks she's stuck getting farther behind since Ecot can't figure out a way to get on the ball and do their job. Save yourself the headache and save your child's education by going somewhere else. I've heard connections is fantastic! Should have enrolled there myself!

Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow
3700 South High St, Columbus, OH  43207
Last modified Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top