Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I always had the help I needed. The teachers go above and beyond and will even work with you in the PM hours. School was not easy for me but my work was in on time and I had to work hard. This is no different than in a brick and mortar. To many kids come ECOT thinking its a free ride to graduation when in fact it is just the same as a regular school. If you don't do your work you will get behind. You do need to attend live sessions since this is where teachers can see if your having trouble. If you still need help and don't call for help that is your problem. It is not ECOT's. You are provided with an exceptional learning experience. Just because there are thousands of students does not mean you do not get help. You have to remember ECOT is from K-12 as I well know. I started in Kindergarten and graduated in 2014. I became a firefighter at 18, EMT at 19 and now in the police academy and I am 20. I feel I owe a lot of thanks and gratitude to ECOT. In a brick and mortar you can get lost in a crowd. Just how many of those teachers are willing to call you at night? The field trips are awesome. There is no reason why a student should not excel unless they are just pure lazy or a troubled youth that refuses to try.

Amount of homework: Agree

Since this is a home school, basically all the work is homework. You're doing all your work at home.

This school is literally amazing. I was going to a public, traditional school almost all my life (K-8) and developed an anxiety so bad that now I can't even leave my house without fear of people judging me. A perfect solution was ECOT. All the teachers are so welcoming, and it really made me feel good. And I feel like the exact same things that are being taught at ECOT are also being taught at your traditional, public schools, but so much more. You learn so many real life concepts (how to get hired for a job, how to change a tire, etc.) then you would ever learn in a traditional school. All the teachers are excellent and want to help you. You can call a teacher almost at anytime and they are always glad to help you. Also another great thing, is that you move at your own pace. If you don't understand something, you can stay on that topic until you do understand it, which is unlike public schools. In public schools, if you don't understand something, the class moves on without you. ECOT also gives you literally everything, and I mean everything that you need to excel. I've gotten a computer, printer and tablet that have all been very helpful. I also got a Yoga 11e laptop because I'm in the IT program, which has been extremely helpful. If you're looking for homeschooling in Ohio I totally recommend ECOT. You won't regret it.

ECOT is the best online school there is! I have been in ECOT ever since the 8th Grade and so far im loving the school. But I sadly have to leave ECOT soon because im gonna start goin to Madison.

Two of my children graduated from ECOT in 2008 and 2009 and we enrolled our youngest child in kindergarten this year. The teachers were always quick to respond, helpful, and offered much encouragement. My son continued to college and was on the Dean's List each semester, which is a testament to ECOT's educational curriculum that prepared him for his successful transition. ECOT isn't for everyone though. If you have a child who isn't willing to put the time into his or her studies, they're not going to succeed with a home-school program, regardless if it's at ECOT or any other homeschooling program offered online. ECOT offers all the right tools, excellent teachers, live sessions, and great learning programs, but they can't force a child to attend or learn. That needs to come from responsible students and parents.

Ecot isn't for everyone. I personally struggle with finding the motivation to keep going with this school, because at times, it's a total joke. Last time I checked, there are over 10,000 students enrolled in Ecot. That being said, teachers don't have the time to really help you understand the topics they teach. You can attend live session, but other than that, you're on your own. Ecot is a success for some people. It works for me only because I have serious medical condition, to where I can't go to a school everyday. My local school is also not somewhere I want to attend. I've been an Ecot student since the 8th grade, and am now entering my sophomore year. Ecot is honestly what you can make of it. If you fall behind in your classes, it's nearly impossible to catch up. It's more so about getting all of your testing and work assignments done, over truly learning and understanding the content you're being taught.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers have so many students, to the point where they don't have time for one-on-one time with you as a student. I've been with Ecot since 8th grade, and am now entering my sophomore year, and my grades have dropped drastically. You have no motivation to keep going. Once you fall behind in your classes, it's nearly impossible to catch up. Ecot is really all about getting your work in, over the quality of learning. I have no choice but to go to Ecot, because my local public school is really a total joke. Ecot has it's benefits, but sometimes the benefits aren't worth all of the prices you have to pay.

They no longer have live sessions anymore, which I think is completely ridiculous considering everyone learns differently. Instead of live sessions, we are forced to read the reading pages (that are very confusing and not at all helpful for calculus), and if we have any questions we must attended help sessions. The problem being, I am a slow reader, and half the time i don't know what i don't know. So how am i suppose to ask for help when i'm still trying to figure out what i need help with? The "help" videos are the lest helpful videos i've come across, and have actually had to resort to learning everything through youtube and khan academy. Basically, i've been teaching myself. This is essentially what ECOT has become, and self-study school. This is NOT what i signed up for, and to be frank, i am furious. I need teachers to actually help me, not just grade my assignments and never answer my calls. If it weren't bad enough that we no longer get live teaching sessions, the teachers office hours are super short, and 90% of the time they don't answer. Please love yourself, and your children and DO NOT enroll (them) into this school. It's absolutely terrible.

I graduate this year from Ecot and I am so happy with this school! Best teachers around who care and there is no way to not succeed at Ecot, unless you are a lazy procrastinator! The live teaching sessions are the best!! I went to a D rated public, traditional school and the teachers did not want to teach!! Homework never gets lost because it is saved on your computer!! Anyone who doesn't love Ecot is crazy!! Jordan

I have anxiety to the point where i cannot leave my house. I am a senior and i did ecot (again) so i dont have to leave, i keep asking for someone to come to my house to monitor me taking my ogt, and no. this lady on the phone said its "too late" when i dont test until the 27th, i think. she also said i am just not going to graduate. i got lucky and my teachers are good, but ecot fails to educate. honestly i learned more when i called to get my scanner fixed than when i sit down and do my work. Dont send your child here, if you want to do an online school program please find somewhere else.

Last modified Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.