Bad
Good

Como Elementary School

Posted August 11, 2009
I have two students currently enrolled at Como.Initially, I was very nervous due to the negative reputation CCS used to have.Both in my own experience, & in the court of publin opinion- those perceptions are changing. My oldest son had a challenging 1st year.Fortunately, we had a great Kindergarten teacher.We later had a diagnosis of a pervasive developmental disorder for him- and oddly, it has been great.CCS & the Como staff have been supportive and the services he has received have been phenominal.He is now (3 yrs later)working above grade level in a few subjects & is constantly improving socially. My second son had the opportunity to attend Como as a Pre-K student.This was another positive experience & one I hope CCS will one day be able to offer in all school to all students.It is a high quality, age appropriate program. My son loved it and learned a lot!

Como Elementary School 5

Posted February 21, 2008
My child has brought his grades up and is now on tthe Honer Roll. He used to look for the roll model students but now he is one!

Como Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2006
My son is in the 1st grade. His reading skills are wonderful and his math skills are great. I think we made a wise choice by putting him in Como and not a private school. The teachers communicate with us and Mr. Brady returned my phone calls in the summer when I had questions.

Como Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2006
I mistakenly put my child in a 'charter school' last year after taking him out of Como. What a mistake!!! The old saying is true 'You don't know what you have until it's gone.' I am happy to say my child will be returning to Como next year. Mr. Brady is one of the best principals in the Columbus Public School systems, he relates to the children, listens to the parents, and really cares about the students. You couldn't ask for a better public elementary school.

Como Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2005
My son has gone to Como since kindergarten to now he is in 5th grade. Como is a great school The teachers are caring and work hard at helping our children. The principle is outstanding, I feel I can speak with Mr Brady about anything and almost at any time I need. My son reads well and he is well balanced academicly and socially. I am proud to say I am a Como parent. The biggest problem at Como are a group of parents who think thier children are above following the rules and so are they. But we as parents we have to stand by our children, their school, teachers and all. Thank you for letting me have my say.

Como Elementary School
2989 Reis Ave, Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified Como Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.