Bad
Good

Stewart has been a fantastic school for our kids. The leadership is great, we have loved our teachers, and it's now the nicest elementary school building in Columbus since the renovation was complete. There is also a great group of engaged parents and a strong PTO. No school is perfect, but we have been very happy with Stewart. It's a great option for families wanting to stay in the city and not move to the suburbs for a good school.

I've had an incredible schooling experience for my kindergardener, now first grader. The principal is so caring and will do anything to provide the children with a good education and excellent teachers. She had learned to read, count by 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, and 10's and 100's by the time she finished kindergarden and has learned to be even more obedient and considerate than ever before. Great school. Highly recommend it.

My children have attended this school for three years & im trying to remove them ASAP. This school sucks bad! To most teachers, its just an ordinary job that don't care about your child!!

...continued... I noticed some typos in my last post due to this darn autocorrect. I meant to say that I have so many horror stories that I could share but not enough time or space to post them all. Also that Ms. Howard has the potential to be a great teacher but its difficult when so much of her time and energy is focused on the disruptive kids, unruly behavior, wasting time trying to gain order and attention, which is a HUGE ISSUE bc it's a disadvantage and unfair to the few children in the class that are trying to do what they are supposed to & want to learn. FYI I try to be a very involved parent. I attend every meeting/conference held. I work M-F 9-5 but I will spend lunch periods at the school observing, I request days off to check in on things...my daughters father is also involved. He takes her to school each day and sticks around each morning until she s settled, also observing. We communicate with Ms. Johnson (the principal) as well as the teacher whenever we have an issue or concern unfortunately it generally doesn't get us anywhere.

Don't let the "uniforms" fool you and watch your child's teacher carefully...My child attended this school and had multiple issues with different teachers and being bullied, often over-looked and swept under the carpet. Some teachers ranged from being obnoxious and hard to work with to being burned out. The teachers also let the kids get away with a lot of inappropriate behavior. I love Mrs Johnson (the principal) but she has her hands full, needs an assistant.

My granddaughter is a student at Stewart. Up until this past school year, we have been thrilled with the school, staff and curriculum. This year we had constant issues with discipline --- other kids picking on my granddaughter, bullying her. Despite complaints and requests for help from staff and administration, nothing was done. It is a battle to get her to school every day. She hates the school, hates her class, and has a teacher who can't control the class. We are seeking a new school for her for the next school year.

My granddaughter is in first grade at Stewart (her 2nd year here). I am thrilled with this school. The theme is mutual respect for yourself and others. The discipline is awesome. When you enter the building, it is silent. Children are in their classrooms actively learning. Mrs. Jones, the principal, is outstanding. The school's ratings have increased since her arrival. Excellence in learning is expected and nurtured. My only wish is that the school went beyond 5th grade.

This is one of few really good Columbus Public Elementary schools. If able I would recommend this school to anyone with young children. The discipline is phenomenal and the environment is humbling. My children have all prospered while attending.

I love Stewart Traditional School! I would not send my kids anywhere else. It's a wonderful school, and my children love it. The teachers are terrific and caring. My daughter has received honor roll and super honor roll every nine weeks for four years, and is now in the fifth grade. The best school!

Last modified Stewart Alternative Elementary School @ Beck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.